The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Household items that are poisonous to our pets

3 posters

Go down

Household items that are poisonous to our pets Empty Household items that are poisonous to our pets

Post by melodiccolor Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:02 pm

Common items that are dangrous to our pets and why.

This is a good overview of what to be careful of around pets; there were a couple of surprises in there.

I some time ago also posted a thread on dangerous human medicines for our pets: http://funhsps.niceboard.org/t3296-some-dangerous-human-medicines-for-our-pets?highlight=Pets
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Household items that are poisonous to our pets Empty Re: Household items that are poisonous to our pets

Post by Samt03 Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:44 pm

Grapes were surprising; a friend of the family used to feed their dog grapes as a treat/training reward.
Samt03
Samt03

https://www.amazon.com/author/showndraridge

Back to top Go down

Household items that are poisonous to our pets Empty Re: Household items that are poisonous to our pets

Post by melodiccolor Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:21 pm

Probably a good idea to send her that article then....the information is from the ASPCA.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riana Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:34 am

I have no experience with dogs, but it's my impression that cats usually stay away from pills and everything except meat, fish and dairy products. (and of course cat food). I have never seen my cat attracted to anything sweet either.
The only danger I see is poisonous chamber plants, especially for indoor cats, because it seems they will eat anything green if they can't get to grass.
(Maybe it also differs from cat to cat).

From my limited experience with dogs, I know that they are less picky with what they eat, and I think that owners should be very careful with what they give them.

In any case, a good article to be on the safe side in all cases!
Riana
Riana

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:48 pm

My cats love sweet things and will play with all small objects so a pill could be easily swallowed by mistake. They will also eat plants, even those that they shouldn't. Also anything that gets on pets will be ingested when they groom.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riana Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:35 pm

No, I agree, pills should definitely not be laying around!
Riana
Riana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down