The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange things our pets like to eat

+3
Gypsy Woman
Nucky
lula may
7 posters

Go down

Strange things our pets like to eat Empty Strange things our pets like to eat

Post by lula may Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:28 pm

I have one cat who cares a great deal for beans. Another who likes liquorice, and will jump in my face when I'm having a mint to try and wrestle it directly from my mouth.

Our neighbor's dog loves carrots so, I'm thinking this might be a thread . . . Very Happy

Last edited by lula may on Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
lula may
lula may

Back to top Go down

Strange things our pets like to eat Empty Re: Strange things our pets like to eat

Post by Nucky Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:31 pm

Some breeds of dogs are omnivorous, and will eat literally anything they are physically capable of eating. I've had a few dogs like that.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Strange things our pets like to eat Empty Re: Strange things our pets like to eat

Post by Gypsy Woman Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:20 pm

Yes it could be a thread... Smile

My cat eats potatoes, cooked eggs and noodles.

My explanation is, that he plans to be human in his next live, and so i tell him all the time how awful people can get and that beeing a cat is really a good thing. cat

He´s not impressed so far.
Gypsy Woman
Gypsy Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by lula may Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:44 pm

Hmm, maybe you need to explain to him about how humans don't get to spend the whole day napping and grooming themselve's?
I'm thinking that would turn most cats off to the whole being human idea, it would mine anyway. Lazy butts that they are! Very Happy
lula may
lula may

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluedream Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:25 pm

My cat Angel who passed away early last year like to eat peas. Just loved em!
Dolly eats shredded sharp cheddar. Nope! Won't eat regular cheddar!
Molly...hates everything! I swear I almost never see her eat. Very finicky!She turns around and makes the "poo cover up" motion! Very insulting to "gourmet food" Ha!
So light of a fluff ball I'm thinking she'll blow away someday in the wind.
I love em!
d.
Bluedream
Bluedream

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyNan Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:06 pm

BearCat, who passed away many years ago, ate a great variety of foods, including black olives. When we were eating, he would come by me, stand on his rear legs, and extend a front paw, begging for some of whatever we were eating. Most all of my cats have loved turkey.

My dogs have eaten just about anything, except for carrots. They hated them. Once someone said lets mix the carrot chunks in with the other food and then the dog will eat it. Yeah, well, dog took a mouthful, swallowed everything and spit out the carrots. BTW, both of these dogs are now passed, too. We are currently a single cat family. Maynard eats her food, will eat salmon or tuna, but that's about it. Oh, one other thing about her, she does somersaults. My partner said she's always done them (she's about 13 years old). Strange critters, but I love, or loved, them anyway.
SimplyNan
SimplyNan

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:08 pm

One of my cats, Rusty, loves artichoke leaves. Doby and Spotty enjoy vanilla or strawberry icecream, but only those flavors. It can't be pudding or frozen yogurt either. The first cat I ever had as a teenager loved cantaloupe and bananas.

When Doby was a younger cat, he loved all breads. One year, I made banana nut bread as xmas gifts, wrapped them and then left them on the table for the next day. They were in a paper grocery bag. Well, when I gave my mother hers, there was a hole ripped in the package and about a quarter of the loaf was eaten. How he did that and not removed it from the grocery bag which was upright is a mystery. Suspect cat It was the only time he ever sneaked up onto my dining room table too. Guess the scent of the banana nut bread was just too tempting.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by adain Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:30 am

One of my ex-flatmates cats used to love dark chocolate (I know, not good!), she partically wrestle it from you though.
My beloved Khyil love battered fish so much, that if I went to get fish and chips, I had to get him a piece too, because he eat all of mine otherwise.
My little dog I had growing up hated peas, which was kinda useless, because I couldn't feed them to her, when I was trying to hide the fact I hadn't ate mine from my mother. (I hate peas too.)
adain
adain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down