The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removing your name from internet databases

3 posters

Go down

Removing your name from internet databases Empty Removing your name from internet databases

Post by waterdragon7 Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:41 pm

I found the following website by serendipity this morning:

http://www.abine.com

Read a couple of their blog posts, and then had my name deleted from two of the databases. There are still many more databases from which I want my personal information expunged, so it's going to be quite a bit of work. This site will apparently have your personal information expunged from many of these databases, but they charge an annual fee of $99.00, iirc.

They provide directions on their site regarding how to have your personal information removed from twenty to twenty-five databases here:

http://abine.com/optouts.php

So I have a lot of work ahead of me! And unfortunately, it was stated you have to continually repeat these removal requests. I'm not sure how often, but will estimate every six months to one year. Shocked
waterdragon7
waterdragon7

Back to top Go down

Removing your name from internet databases Empty Re: Removing your name from internet databases

Post by melodiccolor Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:11 pm

Good information to know, even if it is some work.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Removing your name from internet databases Empty Re: Removing your name from internet databases

Post by cinnamon girl Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:48 pm

I looked at a few of the Do-it-Yourself procedures and they all involve sending a copy of your ID...is that safe? In my mind, that's generally something I'd steer clear of (sending personal info like that out over the web)...but I've never tried anything like this, so maybe it's standard?
cinnamon girl
cinnamon girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down