The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A buffet of Feelings

5 posters

Go down

A buffet of Feelings Empty A buffet of Feelings

Post by mtngrl123 Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:21 am

Not sure this is the right place for this, but to be honest I am too tired to think of its proper home. Mel please feel free to move as you wish.

This thought came to me this morning. And though humourous, also frustrating:

At times being an hsp is like being at a buffet dinner. You approach the serving area and before you know it, you are tasting every dish there. Whether it is on your plate or someone elses. Although you recognize it is on someone elses plate, you still get to taste it. No wonder sometimes I feel so full and prefer to dine alone.....
mtngrl123

Back to top Go down

A buffet of Feelings Empty Re: A buffet of Feelings

Post by tezorian Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:01 am

I'm sure a lot of people know what you mean. Also the feeling of being stuffed, but thinking you didn't even start with your own plate yet. Some say you need to center yourself when that happens, but of course you need to know how. For me (i still hardly do it and when i do, it's not enough) grounding works. The best exercise i know is to take a walk in nature and just let it embrace you. Don't focus on it, just look, smell and feel. At the same time, focus on your entire body. How it feels. A slight breeze in your face, the cold or warmth on your skin. Feel your muscles with every move you make. How does it feel when your foot takes another step. Do you feel how your shoe touches your feet. The joints as the foot sets down on the ground. The air on your hands as you move them back and forth.

If that doesn't seem to work yet (it does take practice), you can also sit down on the ground somewhere. Mike told me it works best if you set against a tree. Close your eyes and listen to the sounds. And as if you're doing a diagnostic on yourself, work from the top of your head to the tip of your toes and as you slowly work your way down, try to feel how and what you feel at every layer. (It's also a very nice way to relax). One thing to keep in mind is that everything is allowed. There are no wrong feelings. For instance if you feel pain, don't say "It hurts", but "pain". But you can also name colors or shapes.
tezorian
tezorian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:09 am

tezorian wrote:I'm sure a lot of people know what you mean. Also the feeling of being stuffed, but thinking you didn't even start with your own plate yet. Some say you need to center yourself when that happens, but of course you need to know how. For me (i still hardly do it and when i do, it's not enough) grounding works. The best exercise i know is to take a walk in nature and just let it embrace you. Don't focus on it, just look, smell and feel. At the same time, focus on your entire body. How it feels. A slight breeze in your face, the cold or warmth on your skin. Feel your muscles with every move you make. How does it feel when your foot takes another step. Do you feel how your shoe touches your feet. The joints as the foot sets down on the ground. The air on your hands as you move them back and forth.

If that doesn't seem to work yet (it does take practice), you can also sit down on the ground somewhere. Mike told me it works best if you set against a tree. Close your eyes and listen to the sounds. And as if you're doing a diagnostic on yourself, work from the top of your head to the tip of your toes and as you slowly work your way down, try to feel how and what you feel at every layer. (It's also a very nice way to relax). One thing to keep in mind is that everything is allowed. There are no wrong feelings. For instance if you feel pain, don't say "It hurts", but "pain". But you can also name colors or shapes.

I hear the inner sound current.....it sounds delightful......and worthy of a nudge. Very Happy
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:11 am

mtngrl123 wrote:Not sure this is the right place for this, but to be honest I am too tired to think of its proper home. Mel please feel free to move as you wish.

This thought came to me this morning. And though humourous, also frustrating:

At times being an hsp is like being at a buffet dinner. You approach the serving area and before you know it, you are tasting every dish there. Whether it is on your plate or someone elses. Although you recognize it is on someone elses plate, you still get to taste it. No wonder sometimes I feel so full and prefer to dine alone.....

Yes I see now why some hsp do get turned off eating....perhaps the food they sample from others.......is filling in itself....yet they still complain they are hungry...

Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by anarkandi Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:37 pm

Todays forecast on the HSPs feelings, there will be rain, lightning, sunshine, clouds, wind, breezes, and meteor showers. Strap yourself in tight, it'll be quite the ride.

anarkandi
anarkandi

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:11 pm

anarkandi wrote:Todays forecast on the HSPs feelings, there will be rain, lightning, sunshine, clouds, wind, breezes, and meteor showers. Strap yourself in tight, it'll be quite the ride.

And at the end of it all, there will be a double rainbow of energy felt all around you.

Mtngrl, I do know what you mean...the feast of so many flavors.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down