The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The zone of feelings..

5 posters

Go down

The zone of feelings.. Empty The zone of feelings..

Post by Alethia Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:38 pm

Get in the zone. Each feeling has a particular zone in the body that it travels through.

Fear often starts in the belly and moves upward in the body. Most of us are familiar with butterflies in the belly. Fear, like all feelings, is important because it gives us information with which to keep us safe and healthy. If a person continually ignores their fear sensations or is carrying around old fear that they've never expressed, they can develop physical symptoms in the zone of the body where the fear is blocked. Irritable Bowel Syndrome, ulcers, indigestion,and nausea,are often related to blocked fear in a person's body.

Sadness often begins in the chest and moves upward through the throat and up to the eyes where we see tears. You've probably heard the expression "She's all choked up." or "My heart hurts." We've all seen someone cry. But often "we try and control our sadness because we think it's too painful to feel and we stop the energy before it can come up through the eyes and out into a healthy expression. However, actually allowing oneself to cry fully can be one of the most cleansing experiences." Paying attention to the physical sensations in these areas and allowing the energy to move completely assists us in grieving a loss, empathizing with others' suffering and maintaining health and well being. Sadness, when blocked in these areas of the body, can lead to heart/lung problems, throat/voice problems, and eye issues.

Anger begins in the back between the shoulder blades and travels upward, along the back of the neck and around the sides of the jaws. Anger is the "No trespass" emotion and assists us in creating healthy boundaries. Healthy anger can assist us in saying "No" to things that are not in our best interest. If you notice sensations in your back, neck, and jaws such as tension, pain,and pressure, it's likely that you've been stuffing your anger energy. Most people do this because they have been taught that anger is an inappropriate emotion or they saw someone who used their anger to injure people and they don't want to do the same thing. True healthy anger doesn't injure anyone including the person feeling it. Healthy anger doesn't blame, abuse, or attack others. Moving anger in healthy ways allows the energy to come all the way up and through the body enabling the person to give voice to their experience and to create something different.

Sexual feelings are one of the five core emotions that our society has created all kinds of judgment and opinion on. The truth is sexual energy is nothing more than energy flowing through certain parts of our bodies. "It's possible to feel sexual feelings and to enjoy them without acting on them with another person." Sexual feelings can also help us distinguish things that we love or that we feel good about. (Even if they're not specifically sexual in nature) People who suppress their sexual feelings usually do so because of a sexual trauma or conditioning that tells someone that these feelings are dirty, or embarrassing. "Physical symptoms from suppressed sexual feelings often exist in the pelvis and or sexual organs." Learning how to be with sexual feelings can be enjoyable and freeing and have very little to do with who or how we choose to have actual sex with.

Joy is the last of the five core emotions. Joy is often felt in the chest (Similar to sadness we have tears of joy) but it may radiate outward more than simply moving upward. To experience Joy fully it's imperative to cultivate the ability to move all of the emotions through completely, because they are all connected. If you want to feel Joy, you need to be willing to also feel your fear, and your sadness, anger and sexual feelings. If you are stuffing one or more of the more "Painful" emotions, then you'll also be stuffing your joy.

http://www.wikihow.com/Understand-Your-Emotions

Knowing what you're feeling opens the door to your creativity, your wisdom, your intuition, and your health. These emotions are not so much painful as they are a strong feeling that we seek to stop, which ultimately creates way more pain than allowing the energy to move freely.

People often think, if I allow myself to feel this, I'll never stop. The truth is, that true authentic feelings move through in waves, and most don't last more than a few minutes. If you're experiencing feelings that persist for hours or days, there is likely a different feeling underneath that is needing to be felt and expressed.
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

The zone of feelings.. Empty Re: The zone of feelings..

Post by melodiccolor Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:50 pm

People often think, if I allow myself to feel this, I'll never stop. The truth is, that true authentic feelings move through in waves, and most don't last more than a few minutes. If you're experiencing feelings that persist for hours or days, there is likely a different feeling underneath that is needing to be felt and expressed.

This part is very true. There is one exception to that; if the emotion is a reaction to an ongoing or unfolding situation, the emotion may continue for far longer.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Trien Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:01 am

[b][b]Anger begins in the back between the shoulder blades and travels upward, along the back of the neck and around the sides of the jaws. Anger is the "No trespass" emotion and assists us in creating healthy boundaries. Healthy anger can assist us in saying "No" to things that are not in our best interest. If you notice sensations in your back, neck, and jaws such as tension, pain,and pressure, it's likely that you've been stuffing your anger energy. Most people do this because they have been taught that anger is an inappropriate emotion or they saw someone who used their anger to injure people and they don't want to do the same thing. True healthy anger doesn't injure anyone including the person feeling it. Healthy anger doesn't blame, abuse, or attack others. Moving anger in healthy ways allows the energy to come all the way up and through the body enabling the person to give voice to their experience and to create something[/b] different.
[/b]

very interesting, all of them. gives me some more insight. although, some of it I kind of already knew.

I 'highlighted"the anger one because it got to me. I am definitely struggling with that one. so true, I reject that part in me because it reminds me too much of my father and I hate, yes , I do hate it.
Unfortunately, I do have quite some anger residing within me, and, yes, I feel tension in my back quite often. I should just allow it..........trust it...........
you see, I tried to diminish that anger by meditating, going for long walks, ............. maybe I have to work on it harder.

and Mel, it helps to see that emotions come in waves.
anyways..............

I also do know that I am zooming in on this anger, that way I kind of seperate it from the rest, from the whole.
taking a step back and look at it from a distance, well, that helps. I think my world is fragmented and it diffuses the whole picture. such as seeing myself as a part of the bigger picture. I know for a fact that I can only be temporarily in this intensity of feelings. it is not a space I want to stay in.......... it is too much part of this life on earth. but probably I have to move through this first........... and then step away from it. feelings are not everything, mind is not everything.........
hope I make sense!
Trien
Trien

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:01 pm

It makes perfect sense. I too find looking at the larger picture really helps with perspective. It is crucial.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mtngrl123 Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:30 pm

One sensation which i feel is that of sadness....sort of a truth feeling to it....and it alwyas starts in my arm and chest and moves up.I have learned to listen to it and take note of the trigger because i know I hit some real truth with myself. Not necessarily pleasant stuff but rather thigs which need to be worked on. So it is all good...steps along the path
mtngrl123

Back to top Go down

Post by Trien Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:53 pm

steps along the path

that's right mntngrl!

also , not necessarily pleasant stuff.....I hear you.... but you work it through and then you can move along the path.

somebody wrote sth like ; 'the universe will help you' . those words stuck with me for some reason.
Trien
Trien

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:17 am

LOL, Trien, we say that all the time. The universe does give us what we need when we are open to it.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:20 am

Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Trien Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:06 am

Mel, hahaha that's a good one! That's me anyways Wink

but you have to know that this is new for me.
Trien
Trien

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:02 pm

BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down