The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hate the sin, not the sinner.

+8
adain
Logan (Earthmaiden)
Little Sister
Fossy
reb
Reamsie
melodiccolor
Nucky
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hate the sin, not the sinner. Agree or disagree?

Hate the sin, not the sinner. - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%Hate the sin, not the sinner. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]
Hate the sin, not the sinner. - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%Hate the sin, not the sinner. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 8

Hate the sin, not the sinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hate the sin, not the sinner.

Post by reb Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:27 pm

SB,

maybe a philosophical question, but still...

none of us is 'any better than him', and yet, we don't commit genocide-evidently, we are either different in some way, or refuse to do what he and his bunch did, or are not interested in killing those who see things 'different than we do'. so, to me, popping him one in the head would be an honor. same with uncle adolph; he had a brilliant mind; had he turned it to convincing people to do worthwhile things instead of wage war, he could've been remembered like thomas edison or a host of others....

the issue is not 'whether we are better than them', but how to keep their sorry ahses from killing us. and the only way to do that is to kill them. simple, but effective. i love to live in peace; as i have said before, i will fight to have my peace. some of us won't fight for peace; those who will not do not deserve peace. simple. no thinking required. don't 'think' it too much...Smile again, the prefrontal lobe is our best friend, and our best enemy...we should use it to survive in the best way we know how...questioning what to do with mass murderers is a waste of the brain's power....
reb
reb

Location : next to the women on this board so they know where i'm at

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdragon7 Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:15 pm

reb wrote:...maybe a philosophical question, but still...
Reb, this is just a mite off-topic (like any of us remain on topic anywhere on this forum Smile ).

It's jsut that I have a real, real difficult time of it, 'Hating the spin and not the spinner'!
waterdragon7
waterdragon7

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:19 pm

waterdragon7 wrote:
reb wrote:...maybe a philosophical question, but still...
Reb, this is just a mite off-topic (like any of us remain on topic anywhere on this forum Smile ).

It's jsut that I have a real, real difficult time of it, 'Hating the spin and not the spinner'!

affraid mrgreen
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fossy Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:36 pm

StrawberryLife wrote:Yeah, Fossy's right... I was just using him as an example...

I believe all people have capability for both good & evil... & that there may be a tiny shred of 'light'/good even in 'worst cases'... at least theoretically... Smile

Slobodan Miloshevich was responsible for a great deal of pain & suffering... I have no excuses for him... What they did was bad. (It wasn't just he.)
Still, if I 'pull the trigger' on someone like him, am I any better than he was?
/maybe a philosophical question, but still.../

I think Hitler was generally terrible to most people, at least the women around him... But I do not personally feel any 'hate' toward him... I guess this would probably be different if what he did affected me personally... I did lose some relatives in WW2 that were greatly missed... On both sides... a few that were drafted by the Germans & a few who joined the partisans... One who joined partisans said it was equally ugly on both sides... & told his brother not to join... He died before the war ended...

I do admire & respect H's organisation & charisma & ability to persuade people... They were used for terrible ends, but you must admit the man had guts & a way of accomplishing things... Terrible things, I definitely do not agree with anything he was doing!! In fact, the opposite!!
(Maybe if he got accepted into art school all would be better?)

Anyway, I was just speaking theoretically, the way I see it all...

I am not particularly religious, so you can't say I was brainwashed by a religious cult or something lol

I did not mean to imply you focus on anything... Just meant to answer the statement
'I don't know how anyone could not hate a murderer.'
in a general manner... & maybe explain why I personally (or maybe other people too) don't have much hate for mostly anyone...

I guess I maybe misunderstood it... So I apologize if I did. If it was merely a statement about you, maybe it's better to say so in the first place... Statements with 'noone' & 'nothing' & such can quickly get misunderstood...

I understand what you mean but I don't think you should use the words admire and respect when referring to Hitler, because that will give people a false impression of thinking you like the guy, even though you just said you didn't afterward, some people might think you wanna be like him or something. I think it would sound better if you just said that he should have used that stuff for good instead of evil. But I understand you and I know you aren't any kind of Hitler worshipper. lol

The thing is, and I think you might have said this before, hate produces hate. And some of these people obviously have a lot of hate in them and that makes them kill and in turn people hate them. I do have intense feelings about a lot of this stuff. If I'm around someone who is really negative and seems to be full of anger it does rub off on me. Hate is kind of a human thing unfortunately and I don't think it will ever completely go away. Actually the only people I really hate are people that I don't actually know come to think of it. I don't personally know anyone who is just despicable like that, I kind of hope nobody on here does but unfortunately some of you probably do. I tend to see good in the people I know and come to an understanding about why they did something I may not have liked. I'm a pretty tolerant person and there are people that I've cut out of my life, but I don't even really hate them. I wouldn't wish them dead or anything, I just don't want to deal with them basically because they don't seem to have any respect for me. It's more like they made me really frustrated and mad (like what I said before about negativity rubbing off) and I just simply couldn't put up with them and chose not to deal with it. I don't need some of the drama that certain people brought into my life.
Fossy
Fossy

http://www.myspace.com/freaklm

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:17 pm

Fossy wrote:I don't personally know anyone who is just despicable like that, I kind of hope nobody on here does but unfortunately some of you probably do.

I LIVE with a person like that. Shocked
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fossy Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:39 pm

nuckinfutz wrote:
Fossy wrote:I don't personally know anyone who is just despicable like that, I kind of hope nobody on here does but unfortunately some of you probably do.

Your sister? silent

I must be in punish myself mode because I'm looking at the damn lost board and still seeing the same idiots exaggerating about how much of a b*tch I am. lol Why do I read those rantings? It's hiatus, I shouldn't even be looking at "their" board. It must be sad to have nothing else do to but talk crap about someone that you haven't talked to since October. lol See some of the people on that board I hate. But I don't know them personally nor do I want to, they are scary. lol I started to go off topic but I related it to the topic. lol I'm skilled.
Fossy
Fossy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fossy Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:42 pm

citrine wrote:I don't know how anyone could not hate a murderer.

Well if someone murdered someone who had been abusing them their whole life, why would you hate them for that. I'm not saying I agree with what they did but I have to admit it's understandable and not worthy of hatred and it might not necessarily fall under self defense. Murder is not always a black and white thing. I think it's a mistake to talk about stuff in black and white terms like that because you don't know the circumstances of every instance.
Fossy
Fossy

Back to top Go down

Post by StrawberryLife Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:19 pm

Yeah, Fossy that's kinda what I meant... That life isn't always black and white & sometimes there can be circumstances we don't know... Or aspects of people we don't know...

Maybe I didn't choose my words wisely... I do wish both H. & S.M. (& other people like that!!) used their superpowers for good!! Smile

Nucky, you live with a convicted murderer of no redeeming qualities? Shocked OoO
StrawberryLife
StrawberryLife

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:28 pm

nuckinfutz wrote:

confused That's a surprise. Maybe a thread in the Big Comfy Chair might be in order here; this is an open forum. We can't choose our family and can't always choose who we live with. That must be rough.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:08 pm

StrawberryLife wrote:Yeah, Fossy that's kinda what I meant... That life isn't always black and white & sometimes there can be circumstances we don't know... Or aspects of people we don't know...

Maybe I didn't choose my words wisely... I do wish both H. & S.M. (& other people like that!!) used their superpowers for good!! Smile

Nucky, you live with a convicted murderer of no redeeming qualities? Shocked OoO

No, I meant that I live with an intensely negative person lol
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fossy Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:56 pm

StrawberryLife wrote:Yeah, Fossy that's kinda what I meant... That life isn't always black and white & sometimes there can be circumstances we don't know... Or aspects of people we don't know...

You don't have to put yourself down. You chose your words fine. It's just that I didn't want people to misinterpret you. You need to stand up for yourself more. Very Happy You are very open minded and I think that's a very good quality to have.
Fossy
Fossy

Back to top Go down

Post by StrawberryLife Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:30 pm

Fossy, thanks for admiring my open mindedness!! Smile Sometimes I think I may be too open-minded for my own good! lol

I mean, in a quarell, I can often see both sides of a question, or such... & if two people argue, or 'are not of the same mind', I can see value in arguments of both, even if I may not agree with everything...
(It can be sometimes tough to accept decisions if you see many sides & aspects of something though... Smile)

Anyway, I don't see what I posted as 'putting myself down'... Fact is, I do sometimes rash out & post something that could be better thought out or so... Thanks for standing up for me & clarifying things a while ago... Smile beatingheart

I agree I need to work on my assertiveness somewhat, though I don't think it really necessary in this case... May be more needed in RL... Smile
StrawberryLife
StrawberryLife

Back to top Go down

Post by Fossy Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:42 pm

Well I was meaning in general you need to stand up for yourself more. Very Happy
Fossy
Fossy

Back to top Go down

Post by StrawberryLife Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:13 pm

Yeah I do, don't I? LOL Smile

Everybody keeps telling me that... Smile (Including my Mom when she tries to boss me lol!!)

Well, I just did, a bit, didn't I? Smile
StrawberryLife
StrawberryLife

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2