The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible to hate someone you don't know?

+2
melodiccolor
Nucky
6 posters

Go down

Is it possible to hate someone you don't know? Empty Is it possible to hate someone you don't know?

Post by Nucky Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:23 pm

I pondered this when I heard somewhere that a survey found that 60% of Americans hate Paris Hilton. I'm no fan, and I think that she's done a lot of stupid things, but I really can't hate someone that I don't know.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to hate someone you don't know? Empty Re: Is it possible to hate someone you don't know?

Post by melodiccolor Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:00 pm

I can't genuinely hate someone I don't know, unless they have done me or people I care about serious harm.

And even in such circumstances, to date, I have never hated anyway. I think if I had been a victim of someone like Hitler, I might have learned to hate. But anything less than that, I am not sure.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to hate someone you don't know? Empty Re: Is it possible to hate someone you don't know?

Post by Logan (Earthmaiden) Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:30 pm

I think that in the case of Paris Hilton, hate is a displaced emotion.
Logan (Earthmaiden)

Back to top Go down

Post by TheStargazer Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:32 pm

I tend to believe that hate is more of something we posess and then project. I think we all have the potential to hate, but depending on the kind of person we are, environmental factors, etc., it's easier for some to choose to hate than others.

I also think 'hate' is an oft-misused term these days. It's probably more that 60% of Americans are extremely annoyed by Paris Hilton (and I hope none of the participants in the survey were the media that make stories of her adventures (misadventures as well) so accessible to the public, because that would just be silly)
TheStargazer
TheStargazer

Back to top Go down

Post by citrine Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:39 pm

I will always hate Hitler.
I don't hate Paris Hilton. Some probably mean they are jealous of her life when they say they hate her.
I really really dislike someone who sets out to trash a good reputation because they disagree with their beliefs. Some people frighten me with their ideas and plans.
citrine

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:45 pm

citrine wrote:
I really really dislike someone who sets out to trash a good reputation because they disagree with their beliefs. Some people frighten me with their ideas and plans.

Me too.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:49 pm

nuckinfutz wrote:
citrine wrote:

Me too.

Such people would frighten any sane intelligent caring person.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StrawberryLife Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:04 am

lol Paris Hilton... I admire her for her gutsiness in some ways... Smile

She's really interesting... Smile

I mean, look at the fluff, the 'raising hell'/media-frenzy she creates... But she somehow still survives it all & doesn't give a damn. (apparently) Takes a special kind of person to do that...

I think 'hate' is an overused word too... It reminds me of teenagers who are very much love/hate oriented... As we grow a bit older I think we learn to think in more complex (& rational) ways...

I would say it depends on the questionnaire, & who was asked... (college kids or teenagers or...?) & how many... (it can be 60/100 or 6 out of 10 lol) & where/demographics.. (A lot of those people might be jealous or annoyed or just wanting to feel superior or such lol)

Then again, it may be just another publicity stunt (?)
StrawberryLife
StrawberryLife

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down