The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One or two reasons I've started using virtualization for web surfing

Go down

One or two reasons I've started using virtualization for web surfing Empty One or two reasons I've started using virtualization for web surfing

Post by waterdragon7 Wed May 11, 2011 8:59 pm

I'm staying at my cousin's place for a few more months. He has AT&T DSL for his internet connection. Starting May 2, 2011, AT&T has instituted a 150-gigabyte monthly cap. Sounds like quite a bit, but my cousin downloads a lot of the free stuff, including fee pilots of some television series.

Personally, I download a lot of audio, either free tech program mp3s or sometimes streaming radio programs. One audio application I have indicated one low-quality audio stream of a radio talk show took approximately 100-megabytes of web space, so if I listen to this show over ten days, it would take 1-gigabyte of the 150-gigabytes.

Therefore, I've started using virtualization software to run one of two different Linux distrobutions, in this case, SliTaz 3.0 under which I've downloaded the "links" text web browser. I still have to drop back to the Firefox or Opera graphical web browsers if I want to post in most forums. But much of what I read on the internet is text, so:

One or two reasons I've started using virtualization for web surfing Th_60515_Clipboard01a_122_440lo

Under the text browser, tons of advertising goes missing. Such a shame! Smile
waterdragon7
waterdragon7

Back to top Go down