The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If there weren't enough reasons already to avoid black friday

3 posters

Go down

If there weren't enough reasons already to avoid black friday  Empty If there weren't enough reasons already to avoid black friday

Post by melodiccolor Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:04 pm

The Incredibly Clever Way Thieves Stole 40 Million Credit Cards From Target Customers (link) All those who waited in long lines for their ongoing in store deals got this extra added bonus.  freakout 

Seems there is good reason credit theft is on the rise so in the US in particular: Why credit hacks will keep happening (link) .  freakout WTF If there weren't enough reasons already to avoid black friday  670949 
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

If there weren't enough reasons already to avoid black friday  Empty Re: If there weren't enough reasons already to avoid black friday

Post by RBM Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:12 pm

Interesting story.

Credit card companies don't have much incentive to make cards safer

That's changeable, I'd say.

But with the US Gov. Of The Corporate State, I don't expect it to happen.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

If there weren't enough reasons already to avoid black friday  Empty Re: If there weren't enough reasons already to avoid black friday

Post by Reamsie Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:17 am

To make matters worse, Target did not handle the situation well at all.  Apparently, instead of just cancelling and reissuing new numbers and cards (l mean come on, its Christmas and we wouldn't want to keep people from spending money in our stores) like any other company would - you had to call Target to cancel your card yourself.  Needless to say Target did not have enough customer service communicators to handle the mass of calls and customers who could actually get through had to hold for sometimes upwards of 4 hours to speak to someone or as what happened to most customers, their calls were repeatedly disconnected and they were forced to actually cancel their bank debit cards or the accounts.

However, to prove how sorry they are for this huge security breach, and their complete keystone cops mishandling of it - Target wanted to apologize by giving back, to prove they aren't complete corporate (expletive deleted).  So if you are one of the 40 million customers affected, Target is giving you a . . . wait for it:

10% Discount!
December 21st and 22nd only
Good on in-store purchases only
 dancing  dancing  dancing

*sniffle*  Sad excuse me, I got a little misty there. I guess there really is a SantaOdinHeart little Virgina.   santa  
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:10 am

to prove they aren't complete corporate (expletive deleted).

That's an obvious, in my book, 'Fail'.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:06 pm

It seems very large corporations and businesses are ever more openly showing their contempt for their customers.  toe tap  Suspect 
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:22 pm

melodiccolor wrote:It seems very large corporations and businesses are ever more openly showing their contempt for their customers.  toe tap  Suspect 

I think you are right, although the term 'contempt' seems off to me.

I'd describe it based on dynamics - their operating costs are going up, only, and more and more things have become a commodity, so the price, itself, is lower. This means more volume to be sold to stay in the same place in the profit ledger entry.

What's the term for that description ?
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:52 pm

Insanity? It's an unsustainable model.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:37 pm

melodiccolor wrote:Insanity?  It's an unsustainable model.

Yeah ! That works for me.

The sustainability issue/dynamics is a tough nut to crack, for sure.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down