The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HSPs, Hurt Feelings and Imaginary Slights: Examining EMOTIONAL Sensitivity

2 posters

Go down

HSPs, Hurt Feelings and Imaginary Slights: Examining EMOTIONAL Sensitivity  Empty HSPs, Hurt Feelings and Imaginary Slights: Examining EMOTIONAL Sensitivity

Post by melodiccolor Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:16 pm

HSPs, Hurt Feelings and Imaginary Slights: Examining EMOTIONAL Sensitivity (link) is the latest from Denmarkguy.

I am one of those HSP who are not easily emotionally hurt, but I do feel emotions far more intensely than even many other HSP. You are right that this includes the positive ones, such as joy, exuberance, love, curiosity, the list goes on.

One thing I have a problem with is the stated general definition of HSP
If there's a "definition" that fits what it "means" to be an HSP, it is that we are easily overwhelmed and overstimulated by LIFE. "Hurt feelings" and "slights" are just a tiny, tiny corner of that bigger picture called "life." "Hurt feelings" are a consequence of something; a response; a reaction... but not a neurological state.
as it shows only the downside of it, not the incredible gifts that come with such exquisite sensitivity, such as being able to enjoy and appreciate all the small subtle things that nonHSP are not even aware of, thus having a far richer life experience.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

HSPs, Hurt Feelings and Imaginary Slights: Examining EMOTIONAL Sensitivity  Empty Re: HSPs, Hurt Feelings and Imaginary Slights: Examining EMOTIONAL Sensitivity

Post by Reamsie Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:41 am

Good article.  I am also not easily hurt emotionally by others.  So to be truthful, when I first began to explore the forums (back in the old Aimoo days) I actually wondered for a while if I had it all wrong.  If I hadn't met people like you and Peter I probably would just left.
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down