The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boycotting BP gas stations won't hurt BP

5 posters

Go down

Boycotting BP gas stations won't hurt BP Empty Boycotting BP gas stations won't hurt BP

Post by Nucky Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:38 pm

BP doesn't own any of its gas stations; they are all owned by local merchants. All gas station chains sell gas that comes from a variety of refineries, including BP. So the only way to make BP suffer is to cut back on driving entirely.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=127747890
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Boycotting BP gas stations won't hurt BP Empty Re: Boycotting BP gas stations won't hurt BP

Post by edie Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:19 am

that is true.as same for many franchise chains they get their supply from the nearest supplyer ,working in nursing homes and fastfood chains many foods are shipped in by TPC whole food sales. wasnt hardees at all or mcdonalds.
edie

Back to top Go down

Boycotting BP gas stations won't hurt BP Empty Re: Boycotting BP gas stations won't hurt BP

Post by edie Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:29 pm

Boycotting BP gas stations won't hurt BP Tumblr_l3xqklCL9J1qcnzdwo1_500
oil hitting the Alabama coast
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:36 pm

The vast majority of BP merchants are mortified that they ever signed a contract with them, and are trying to get out of it.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by edie Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:28 pm

found new photos of the spill
Boycotting BP gas stations won't hurt BP 4710670727_eddc63391e
Boycotting BP gas stations won't hurt BP 4711313658_deb539509d
Boycotting BP gas stations won't hurt BP 4711313324_28854494c6
Boycotting BP gas stations won't hurt BP 4710669487_3c2ae8eb3f
Boycotting BP gas stations won't hurt BP 4710667471_ffc13c0c7d
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by edie Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:35 pm

idk if there is a better way to contain the oil, may not be. but it is still sad.
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluedream Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:49 am

Yep! I feel it's almost down to the 'punting stage' at this point. It's quite clear that no-one seems to know what they are doing. It's interesting to watch the media cast blame on their favorite 'whipping boys' instead of showing us just how inept our own government is in a particular crisis. But they still just argue and point fingers at each other...mired down in their own clumsiness; kind of like the poor birds in all of that muck!
This whole thing sickens me and shows me just how careless/thoughtless 'we' as a species can be. The whole gulf and maybe much more may be ruined...for as long as our lifetime can see.
Boycott b.p.? May as well boycott oil itself. Or...our own ineptness in finding a better/safer alternative..after all of these years.
Bluedream
Bluedream

Back to top Go down

Post by edie Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:55 pm

yeah they are doing a good job of pointing fingers and less fixing. it is a crisis and where is out gov? war and fighting on boarders are more important than that oil spil that is affecting not only bp, the waters,animals ,coastal residents, come onnnnn. looks like to me bp is standing alone with volunteers to take care of things. and of course no one supervising bp they are taking shortcuts that are deadly lazy. some of those animals would have been saved if bp would have let the volunteers get them.
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by edie Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:44 pm

wholy crap i cant beleve the stupidity! bp took the cap off and the oil coming out is now at full blast. this was done purposely, at first it sounded like it came off accidently. nope not how it happened, they took it off, now they talking a baby dolphin was rescued and it died hours later after they took it in for treatment.
i guess there was a risk if it blowing up or something with ice crystals mixing in so they had to take it off. the stunner is they are not prepared to cap it again and fix it iss going to sit completely open for a bit.
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:06 pm

My personal goto site for this is The Oil Drum who is pointing to an MSNBC report:

UPDATE Noon EST: Oil gushing at spill site after vent damaged; Cap removed after sub hits vent; 2 cleanup workers die in separate events. ]Oil gushing at spill site after vent damaged; Cap removed after sub hits vent; 2 cleanup workers die in separate events.

At the link:

Earlier, engineers had to completely uncap the broken oil well spewing into the Gulf of Mexico Wednesday after an undersea robot bumped into machinery being used to collect the spilled fuel. Hundreds of thousands of gallons more poured into the water as crews scrambled to replace a critical component.

The mishap left nothing to stem the flow of oil at its source. A camera recording the well showed huge clouds of black fluid coming out of the sea floor. It was not clear how long workers would need to replace the cap, which took weeks to install.

Bob Dudley, the managing director of BP who is taking over the spill response, said engineers expected to replace the cap in less than a day.

RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:59 pm

The details of this disaster just get depressingly worse and worse. Before it is over, I expect several ecosystems to be permanently damaged and some species will be extinct.

I feel so helpless; there is nothing any of us can really do except support wildlife rescue and habitat restoration organizations. So, I try not to follow this too closely as it is so very painful and distressing to me. Anyone who can volunteer to help in any way the ecosystems recover, including awareness and fund raising campaigns, I hope they do so.

Even with an all out international effort, what's done is done and some of the damage is irreversable.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluedream Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:22 pm

melodiccolor wrote:The details of this disaster just get depressingly worse and worse. Before it is over, I expect several ecosystems to be permanently damaged and some species will be extinct.

I feel so helpless; there is nothing any of us can really do except support wildlife rescue and habitat restoration organizations. So, I try not to follow this too closely as it is so very painful and distressing to me. Anyone who can volunteer to help in any way the ecosystems recover, including awareness and fund raising campaigns, I hope they do so.

Even with an all out international effort, what's done is done and some of the damage is irreversable.

Yeppers...hopelessness abounds with their efforts. Perhaps their crubby lil hands be cursed!
Prophetic mess...or is that profitless mess! Whichever.
Bluedream
Bluedream

Back to top Go down

Boycotting BP gas stations won't hurt BP Empty BP digitally alters press photo, confesses it's a fake

Post by edie Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:00 pm

sorce>> msnbc

Boycotting BP gas stations won't hurt BP 100720_tch_bp_dumb.grid-4x2
It's been a long season of embarrassment for BP, but leaking oil isn't what the blogosphere is ripping the company for today. A site called Americablog spotted a press photo of BP's Houston command center, ostensibly taken on July 16. The image had quite visibly been Photoshopped — badly — to include more on-screen camera action.
Once word got out — the story was picked up by the Washington Post, where it was then spotted by the tech blog Gizmodo and others — BP 'fessed up. A spokesman admitted that the image was altered, said that a photographer had inserted shots where the TV screens were blank, and provided the original image.
"We've instructed our post-production team to refrain from doing this in the future," said the spokesman in an e-mail to the Washington Post.
Though the command center alteration doesn't seem to be an attempt to hide facts or confuse the public, it heightens skepticism for the company at a time when it should be trying to build trust. As the Americablog reporter John Aravosis wrote, "I guess if you're doing fake crisis response, you might as well fake a photo of the crisis response center."
As it happens, the command center shot isn't the end of the issue. Today, Aravosis published evidence of another altered press photo, this one depicting a meeting from the failed "top kill" maneuver. "How many other crisis response photos from BP have been faked?" wrote Aravosis. "Did they fake any videos?"
Please don't tell us that the people in those sucking-it-up-and-taking-responsibilty ads are actually paid models!
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down