The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Save The Science Teacher

2 posters

Go down

Save The Science Teacher Empty Save The Science Teacher

Post by Reamsie Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:03 pm

I read this article and watched the video which also contains an interview with the teacher that goes into detail about the indident. From all the information I can gather on this story, this teacher was doing his job teaching from the book and it was the same material that he has taught, according to him, for the last 17 years and this was the first time anyone had ever complained.

I don't find the actions of the teacher disturbing, I find the actions of the three or four parents who decided to complain to the school administration disturbing. I think there is another agenda going on here. When you feel that it is inappropriate for your 15 or 16 year old child to hear the word "vagina" during the course of an lesson on reproduction/anatomy for a biology class? Really. I have teenagers and kids have already heard that word (along with several others) long before they hit 10th grade and usually in a more derogatory context unfortunately from their friends. Plus these children had the option to opt out of the lesson.

What would have made these mommies happy? What word should the teacher have used? "hooha", "special woman area" Save The Science Teacher 2133608058

I also pasted the link to Mr. McDaniel's Support Page on FB. So if your one of those crazy people who doesn't think the earth is still flat, that Mark Twain's Huckberry Finn should be banned from schools and that in 2013 highschool kids become promiscuous degenerates from hearing the word VAGINA in biology class, you might think about posting a comment in support or hell even taking 10 minutes to write a letter to this school.

Idaho Teacher Being Investigated

SAVE THE SCIENCE TEACHER
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Save The Science Teacher Empty Re: Save The Science Teacher

Post by Nucky Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:14 pm

First of all, how exactly is a pet name "cleaner" than the anatomically correct term? I think that the former would evoke a lot more snickers than the latter.

Second of all, like Reamsie said, do people seriously believe that 10th graders have never heard the word "vagina?" Come on.

Third of all, would people rather have kids find out about this stuff on their own, without having any idea what they're doing? The world is a dirty, filthy place, and you can't keep your kids in a sterile bubble forever. Hell, you can't even do it 24 hours a day when they're kids!
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:25 pm

Someone else beat me to posting it on the FB page, but this situation made me think of this awesome speech from Inherit The Wind

Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down