The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mission to Save the Internet

3 posters

Go down

The Mission to Save the Internet Empty The Mission to Save the Internet

Post by melodiccolor Sun May 03, 2015 3:13 pm

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-internet-of-names?utm_source=howtogeek&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

If this works, it would be a huge step in keeping the internet truly free and freeflowing.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Mission to Save the Internet Empty Re: The Mission to Save the Internet

Post by RBM Sun May 03, 2015 3:57 pm

My intuition immediately pops up a RED WAVING FLAG.

Information centric networking sounds ... OK ... decentralization is a worthy enough goal.

I'll have to finish this later and read more to get a better grasp but my initial impression is an massive expansion of devices/end points.

Re: Truly Free

I think you underestimate the Greed Level, at the present. What this would do for that, though, is at least require the Greedy Ones to start over, too.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen Sun May 03, 2015 4:24 pm

This makes it sound like it'll be way easier to interject stuff from device to device...
Kind of neat yet you may never have the ability to shut your device off from this stuff which makes the right to be forgotten debate these days pretty much a lost cause.

>>; I kinda like crowd sharing though...

Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun May 03, 2015 8:21 pm

My guess is people would have the option to share or not to share and which content, as any other set up would not work. Plus there is always the off switch.... This is an issue which must be addressed clearly and soon.

The only thing really preventing the net from evolving now is in fact the major companies who profit from how things are now. However other major corporations are on board so there may be enough pressure to allow change eventually as the present set up becomes less and less tenable as it gets ever increasingly overburdened.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down