The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emotions

+3
melodiccolor
edie
Alethia
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Emotions - Page 2 Empty Re: Emotions

Post by Alethia Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:00 pm

The Insanity of Arrogance

Humility suggests strongly
openness to seeing what is not working.

Martin Luther King, Jr. said that Gandhi criticized himself and whenever he made a mistake, he would confess it publicly. Here was a man who would say to his people, I'm not perfect, I'm not infallible. Gandhi was considered a great man for this quality of humility. When we confess our weaknesses or imperfections we make ourselves more vulnerable. We open ourselves and are thus able to grow through the confrontation with that which is most weak or negative in us. Arrogance is the opposite of vulnerability; it represents a closeness of mind and usually, a selfishness of purpose. Arrogance hardens the heart. In the end, the only medicine for arrogance is humiliation. Humiliation is the process that brings things that are up high down. Humility is what is most low; it is familiar with the soil. Humble people cannot fall for they are already on the ground and do not want to leave it.
http://www.worldpsychology.info/World%20Psychology/VirtualPsyFiles/nova_pagina_32.htm

"In reality there is perhaps not one of our natural passions so hard to subdue as pride. Disguise it, struggle with it, beat it down, stifle it, mortify it as much as one pleases, it is still alive, and will every now and then peep out and show itself...For even if I could conceive that I had completely overcome it, I should probably be proud of my humility." - Benjamin Franklin

Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:27 am

When your prides been hurt,
you can pretend and be alert...
alert, on guard, protective and hard...
Or you can dig deep......feel it and then know....
know that sometimes in your space of self relfection,
you have to stand up and make some corrections...
Its not easy.........its part of our protection...
we hide behind, the walls we have erected..
the walls that protect and not let anything direct it...
Some swallow their pride.....and avoid the pain.....
some swallow their pride and try in vain...
not to ingest it..........just swallow it hole...
not taste the flavours....the fullness it holds...
So today, in your pride moment in your way....
how do you feel you will face this reconnect to say...
my pride is hurt, I know this to be true,
I have so many feelings to feel....
that make me feel blue....
make me feel angry, raging and in denial....
I wonder if this pride moment feels like your on trial...
sometimes it does....and sometimes it pains.....
but we often can face...........and still remain....
remain true to ourselves.........but fair to all concerned...
it is a hard space to let go of............a hard space to learn...
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:34 am

are you justified in your actions,
are you justified in life.....
are you just or fired in this space of your strife....
justifying is just fine....when your have reason to justify....
but justify in spaces where justifying is a lie...
is not just fine, its just not on....
justifying is just justifying to make things belong...
belong where they are....so you dont have to care..
care about anything beyond repair......
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:43 pm

There is a space in me...
where I had to see.......
a space to grow and set me free...
As I look back at my pride that was hurt...
I had to face the space to learn...
that true empowerment.......and peace within......
comes from reaching to those who wear you thin...
Those that hurt you, those that cause pain........
we often can simply remain...
in unresolved spaces...where true healing cannot come..
this space of offering forgiviness..........is the space to bring it as one...
Sometimes we think we cant reconcile,
its like we go into denial............
but in our hearts there is a space..
that reaches others so we can place...
Place them in that space of love..........
and this is part of finding the real dove.............infinite love

The inhouse dwelling is the dwelling that resides both within and without..........when you find it inside..........it is the promised land...

Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:15 pm

Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:30 pm

Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:32 pm

Sometimes you have to reconnect to the love inside you.......and reach..........share.....and
to really see that everything is at it is.........in you......and them..........and you share...........how you feel...........what you know............the love and compassion you have inside for all human beings...no matter what pain you feel..................we are truly all connected and we have the gift to share that space inside us............to touch.........reach............and help another heal............that is the gift...and you can do till its done...but its always a choice..
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:53 pm

Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:58 pm

The many healing spaces of life.........

Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:56 pm

Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:26 am

Some Thoughts on Close Relationships and the Inadequacy of Language

http://www.mcasynergy.com/whitepapers-relationship2.php

Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:23 pm

I finally watched "Fin D'ete" . Powerful and sad. Other than the not quite perfect facial expressions, that animation was incredible. Pretty amazing for three students...
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:24 pm

Alethia wrote:Some Thoughts on Close Relationships and the Inadequacy of Language

Language is really inadequate for completely accurate communication. The things listed in the article can help, but language will always be far from accurate.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:52 pm

frmthhrt wrote: I finally watched "Fin D'ete" . Powerful and sad. Other than the not quite perfect facial expressions, that animation was incredible. Pretty amazing for three students...

I agree it was very powerful and sad.........interesting.. now you made mention of it, the facial expressions are not what we might expect...but then I felt the essence, regardless.
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:25 pm

This was on another forum I go too....Smile

Empaths and Self-Healing
By Misa Hopkins
Wednesday, January 5th, 2011
It seems we had some lively discussion regarding empaths and healing, so I’d like to continue the discussion and share some of my observations in providing healing support and readings to empaths for several years. I have discovered that the way empaths process their empathic responses are different, and what they need to do to remain balanced mentally, physically and emotionally also vary. There is certainly some similarity in the very nature of being empathic, but I’ve been amazed at the unique ways in which empaths need to be present with their compassionate nature.

People who are highly empathic seem to live in a world with less of a concrete sense of boundaries than many of the rest of us. This is actually, a highly sensitive state of spiritual awareness, and a truer experience of how energy exists beyond our human, physical perceptions. The boundaries certainly get thinner as we become conscious of our oneness with all life. Because empaths can find it difficult to know how to function comfortably in this world, it is challenging to know how to be with their empathic nature.

In response to the thin walls empths can experience, I have noticed that some empaths become quite removed from their empathy—hard, distant, critical, or very mental—as a way of protecting themselves from the deep empathic responses they otherwise experience. This distancing from their empathy is a kind of shield that is often erected unconsciously as a desperate act to ensure greater inner peace.

I’ve met empaths that were upset with themselves for “taking on energy that wasn’t theirs,” when from my perspective, they were having a natural empathic reaction. Empathic reactions are as natural as jumping and making a shocked or scared sound when we are unexpectedly frightened by something. In the physical world, we consider a shocked response when we are frightened to be natural, but in the spiritual/emotional world, many of us have catalogued natural empathetic responses as somehow, unnatural and needing to be controlled.

When I do a reading for someone, especially an empath, I’m often able to glimpse the world from their perspective. What I’ve noticed about empaths is that they are highly compassionate, deeply affected by aspects of life, and their balance is easily affected by what is happening around them. Energetic shielding, emotional protection and other forms of distancing yourself from compassion and caring, rarely works well. For one thing, when an empath does this, they are also cutting themselves off from the flow of healing energy within you, and potentially making themselves more stressed and physically ill.

Empaths seem to do better in the world, when they learn how to be with their depth of their compassion and use their healing gifts to maintain balance and transform disharmony. And empaths have unique ways of doing this. Some need to process the energy through themselves, regardless of their initial reaction. Some, learn early signs that help them begin using their healing gifts and energy to intervene and assist before they would otherwise experience an empathic reaction. Still others must evolve into a constant state of compassion, so that there is no dramatic effect caused by outside influences. I have met empaths that needed to remain in a relaxed and open state, allowing whatever came through to simply pass through. They work diligently on releasing judgments and attachments so that they are in a constant state of loving openness and flow.

Many find their empathy easier to live with as they become familiar with their own energetic healing gifts and begin to use them consciously in service to whatever is calling to them for assistance—Mother Earth, animals, plants, human physical challenges or emotional distress, planetary transformation, inter-planet relationships, or connections to other realms of consciousness. In my experience, most empaths have some unique method of maintaining inner peace and balance, as well as being of assistance.

I’ve known an empaths that works with crystals to assist in keeping the light-grid around the earth in balance. When the grid is out of balance, she feels it and must attend to her energy work. Another empath needs to either be active with her hands in the dirt of Mother Earth or at the very least meditating with Mother Earth, allowing anything she has picked up from her clients to flow through her and into the Mother for healing. Still another empath maintains his sense of humor and composes music in order to move emotional charges through him, with those charges and imbalances becoming expressions of beauty. One of my closest friends is an earth empath and whenever a volcano is about to go off, she gets early warning signs that are letting her know she needs to meditate with the volcanic energy of the Mother. If she doesn’t she gets migraines. If she does, she is at peace in service to the earth.

Empaths that are emotionally empathetic, often find this Creation Meditation helpful for being present to emotions, and allowing them to easily release. Just scroll down the page to the link: http://www.newdreamfoundation.com/womens-enlightenment.htm

Empaths are profoundly unique, and it is their empathy—their great compassion—that makes them so special. Learning how to be with the energy rather than running away from it seems to bring empaths the greatest sense of peace, in whatever way they are called to use their gifts and be with their compassion.

http://self-healingsecrets.com/948/empaths-and-self-healing/
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:08 pm

There is alot of good stuff in there; but I wonder that she focuses on empaths who are only sensitive to one kind of thing or another.....when we are all able to tune into it all at different times; it just depends on what we have accessed at the time.

There are kinds of awareness I've not been able to access....yet. That's the key word...yet.

I totally agree with her key point that it is essential we be at peace with our abilities and not fight them or cut them off.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:19 pm

Many find their empathy easier to live with as they become familiar with their own energetic healing gifts and begin to use them consciously in service to whatever is calling to them for assistance—Mother Earth, animals, plants, human physical challenges or emotional distress, planetary transformation, inter-planet relationships, or connections to other realms of consciousness.

So some empaths do claim to be able to link with extraterrestrial life . . . interesting. I've always wondered about that.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:30 pm

Nucky wrote:

So some empaths do claim to be able to link with extraterrestrial life . . . interesting. I've always wondered about that.

Yeah, lots of people claim lots of things...how can you prove or disprove that one? I remain a definite skeptic.
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:24 am

Being at peace with our abilities and not cut them off is probably a key point I took out of this....the thing is many block their ability because past experience tells them its too overwhelming........but then until one taps into the space fully, the path of coping in this space cannot be revealed......

As for inter planet relationships..........maybe that is simply connecting to the spirit world, which many can do......I am not skeptical of that space because I have experienced it.....and I know many others who do too..
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:11 am

Alethia wrote:Some Thoughts on Close Relationships and the Inadequacy of Language

wow, what a cool article Alethia, thank you.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:37 am

Long term relationships such as marriage can be our salvation or our living hell. Marriage presents an opportunity to heal childhood wounds; to meet unmet emotional needs, such as the need for support, encouragement, acceptance, firmness, and many others. Marriage can be an opportunity to be helped and encouraged to change maladaptive ways that most of us can't change by ourselves.

Marriage becomes a living hell when it exists in a context that constantly makes us feel our unmet emotional needs. This leads to our feeling frustrated, not feeling whole, feeling something is missing.

My guess is that over 90% of marriages can't serve this emotional salvation I'm talking about unless much conscious work is devoted to developing the positive attitudes of curiosity, appreciation, ruth, tolerance and forgiveness. In the absence of this work many marriages become a living hell or an empty purgatory where both individuals deal with the suffering by passively waiting for the end or by avoiding each other

I am glad you liked the aritcle blue.........I was just now lying on the couch and on my hubbys lap and I had a dream of someone trying to get in my house.........I was struggling to stop them turning the handle on the door in my dream...............It was an odd feeling of struggle in my dream....and all I wanted to do was reach my h which I did...........eventually..........when I woke up my immediate response was that old feeling.......again......and then I linked the old feeling of lying on the couch going to sleep beside my H........years ago..........when we sat very close together and he watched tv while I went to sleep...lol! And now on my way to bed I go back to this aritcle you have posted again.............and read the words of marriage...and I realized that my h was my salvation in this healing journey....without him I wouldnt have come this far, we both provided those things mentioned to get back to this space we now are experiencing from many years ago..................thankyou for bringing back the article and syhcronisizing my space with my dream and him............and helping me to see the complete picture.........
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:52 am

On one fateful day,
Two young boys met
They made a promise to each other
One that would always be kept

That through the thickest times
And the hardest days
They would be there for each other
....Forever and always

Years would soon pass
And their freindship stayed true
Through kindergarden and grade school
Even junior high too

These boys had a bond
One that couldnt be broken
They were the truest of freinds
And knew this without a word even spoken

When one had a problem,
The other was always around
With an outstretched hand
He would pick him up from the ground

These boys were inseperable
Never one without the other
Life just seemed so much easier
When these boys were together

They talked about everything.
What the future would hold
Even starting a ministry together
the possabilities were untold

Life slowly moved on
And High School came to an end
These boys were no longer boys
but prideful young men

Both wanted to set out
and fufill their hopes and dreams
But there was a conflict
And war broke out overseas

The two men looked to each other
And didnt even speak
They were enlisted into the army
not even after a week

A few months would pass
and basic training came to an end
They spent their last night home
Just asking themselves, 'Remember when.....? '

Their lives drastically changed
When they arrived for war
But these friends had each other
and couldnt ask for anything more

They fought along side each other
Sometimes, in the most daring ways
But this was always their tendency
Even from the youngest days

There was never the thought
of losing such a great friend
They would fight right next to each other
Even after this war ends

Days became months
And months became years
There were many friends lost
and so many tears

But nothing could prepare
these men for what was to come
It was something unpredictable
they weren't as fortunate as some

During a routine mission
The men's platoon found trouble
They couldnt see the enemy
And their numbers seemed to double

In the heat of battle
One of the men was hit
The wound was just too severe
He knew that this was it

The man thought quickly
And knew what he had to do
'I'll find the enemy, ' he said
'You stay here, and make it through'

With tears in his eyes
the other told his friend to stay
'We have a lot of time left,
You'll live to see another day! '

The man just smiled
And said 'My time is about to end,
Ill see you in heaven buddy...
You were always a great friend'

With those words spoken
He took off his gear and ran
Right through the line of fire
Until he could barely stand

He was shot several times more
but did the job he set out to do
The company would be able to put up a fight
They couldnt beleive he came through

The friend that stayed back
Restrained himself long enough
He couldnt let his friend die alone
This whole situation was just too much

He barreled out from cover
and ran deep through the woods
He ran to his dearest freind
who did everything he could

He found his friend
Laying helpless on the ground
The poor man was still alive
and could barely make a sound

The man looked up at his friend
And mustered out what he could
'I knew you'd come buddy
.....I just knew you would'

His eyes slowly shut
and he layed down his head
Those were his last words
The final thing he said

When the battle was over
And things quietly settled down
The company looked for these men
and wouldnt rest until they're found

The men looked in the distance
to find a man carrying another
they quickly ran to this man
with just a look of wonder

The Sergent asked, 'Why would you do this,
With the chance of being shot? '
The young man quickly replied,
'Sir, How could I not? '

Jason Barrow

Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:24 am

ALONE WITH EVERYBODY
the flesh covers the bone
and they put a mind
in there and
sometimes a soul,
and the women break
vases against the walls
and the men drink too
much
and nobody finds the
one
but keep
looking
crawling in and out
of beds.
flesh covers
the bone and the
flesh searches
for more than
flesh.

there's no chance
at all:
we are all trapped
by a singular
fate.

nobody ever finds
the one.

the city dumps fill
the junkyards fill
the madhouses fill
the hospitals fill
the graveyards fill

nothing else
fills.

Charles Bukowski

Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:30 am

Be Kind

we are always asked
to understand the other person's
viewpoint
no matter how
out-dated
foolish or
obnoxious.

one is asked
to view
their total error
their life-waste
with
kindliness,
especially if they are
aged.

but age is the total of
our doing.
they have aged
badly
because they have
lived
out of focus,
they have refused to
see.

not their fault?

whose fault?
mine?

I am asked to hide
my viewpoint
from them
for fear of their
fear.

age is no crime

but the shame
of a deliberately
wasted
life

among so many
deliberately
wasted
lives

is.

Charles Bukowski

Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:43 pm

an empty hand

he held my hand
as a child
he gave me gentle hugs
and gentler smiles
he listened
to my first words
and in my youth
he gave me his wisdom
to use
to discard
to mock
he cared for me in ways
I never understood
until parenthood was mine
but as an adult
I ignored the greying hair
and his fragile ways
for to me he was immortal
a man who would never leave
and then one day
I looked upon a giant
whittled down to a fragile old man
and in that moment of loss
I felt the fullness of his heart
and the emptiness in my hand

(November 2010. For the memory of Teri's Dad and for anyone who has lost a father...)

Michael Patrick

Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:51 pm

I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud"

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed---and gazed---but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.

William Wordsworth

Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:28 am

The poem about the soldiers made me cry.
Did you know that there are many more civilians in Afganistan right now than soldiers? Many, many of my friends who were laid off recently went there. The only way they could see to make a decent living at their age and with their experience. My current company makes a passive, non-weapon device that is protective of the troops. But soldiers do not "run" it. It is controlled and maintained by contractors... my friends. I know at least 10 that went over in the last few months. They are in as much danger as the troops... they are freezing right now. They are giving their food to the children around them. They are begging us to send them things like toothpaste and snacks. People I have known for 20-30 years. People like me in their 40s and 50s. People with kids and grandkids. They send me pictures and they look like they are in the TV show MASH.

Don't know why I just shared that, it just tumbled out. It was the emotion evoked by that poem.

No jobs here.
Why the poor always go to war.

Anyway, on another note, Alethia the quote about marriage is so apt for me too. I was so damaged when I met my husband, and so was he. We have been able to heal each other. Now we are so much more than we would have been alone, each independently whole, but as a result of the other. I wish so many other people could experience this....
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:04 pm

BlueTopaz wrote:
Anyway, on another note, Alethia the quote about marriage is so apt for me too. I was so damaged when I met my husband, and so was he. We have been able to heal each other. Now we are so much more than we would have been alone, each independently whole, but as a result of the other. I wish so many other people could experience this....

It sounds like a great experience Blue.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:58 am

BlueTopaz wrote:The poem about the soldiers made me cry.
Did you know that there are many more civilians in Afganistan right now than soldiers? Many, many of my friends who were laid off recently went there. The only way they could see to make a decent living at their age and with their experience. My current company makes a passive, non-weapon device that is protective of the troops. But soldiers do not "run" it. It is controlled and maintained by contractors... my friends. I know at least 10 that went over in the last few months. They are in as much danger as the troops... they are freezing right now. They are giving their food to the children around them. They are begging us to send them things like toothpaste and snacks. People I have known for 20-30 years. People like me in their 40s and 50s. People with kids and grandkids. They send me pictures and they look like they are in the TV show MASH.

Don't know why I just shared that, it just tumbled out. It was the emotion evoked by that poem.

No jobs here.
Why the poor always go to war.

Seeing your friends in this space of survival must be very hard blue.....War affects many involved and as you have pointed out it goes beyond just the soldiers...I wonder if those things they need are getting to them?......and the children around them.......that would be so hard....to bear witness too.......the whole experience would be so difficult for all......I feel through your space of sharing...
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2