The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Kung Fu series premiere April 7, 2021, on the CW channel and local stations

3 posters

Go down

New Kung Fu series premiere April 7, 2021, on the CW channel and local stations Empty New Kung Fu series premiere April 7, 2021, on the CW channel and local stations

Post by Grasshopper Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:15 pm

This series begins in modern China and takes place in San Francisco, featuring a Harvard Law School drop-out who becomes a Shaolin-trained woman warrior, at odds with her very traditional Chinese mother, and then fights crime and evil as she makes peace with her family. It's a good family drama as well as super-hero story.

https://datebook.sfchronicle.com/movies-tv/review-action-packed-kung-fu-reboot-is-an-affectionate-portrait-of-an-asian-american-family
thumbsup
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

https://sfba.social/@Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

New Kung Fu series premiere April 7, 2021, on the CW channel and local stations Empty Re: New Kung Fu series premiere April 7, 2021, on the CW channel and local stations

Post by Sparkles Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:21 pm

I used to love watching the original one back in the 1970s With David Carridine? Was that his surname? Even though most times I could never figure it out. it was only years later that I realized they kept going back and forward in time during his life with his story.. lol. This will probably be the same?
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

New Kung Fu series premiere April 7, 2021, on the CW channel and local stations Empty Re: New Kung Fu series premiere April 7, 2021, on the CW channel and local stations

Post by Grasshopper Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:24 pm

Yes, David Carradine in original series. Flashbacks have gotten to be common in movies and TV, sometimes hard to keep up with them. freakout

I'm enjoying this new modern series sometimes comic take on Chinese family life and generation gap.
May be available via cable or streaming in Australia or other parts of world?

Another review:
https://variety.com/2021/tv/reviews/kung-fu-olivia-liang-greg-berlanti-cw-review-1234942699/
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

Sparkles likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Mon May 10, 2021 11:32 pm

Sorry for the late reply.. Been doing a few things and quite busy. I'll have to look into it. Maybe find a free to watch on Youtube? Sounds really exciting though.

Side note question. Are you feeling like something is different, or changed? You're experiencing something you don't normally see or feel? Something is going on, and not sure what. it's like something is about to happen. Does this make sense to you? Do you sense it?
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Grasshopper Mon May 10, 2021 11:39 pm

Not yet. I'll keep an eye out and report back if anything comes up! New Kung Fu series premiere April 7, 2021, on the CW channel and local stations 3235394363
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

Sparkles likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Tue May 11, 2021 3:34 pm

Sparkles wrote:Sorry for the late reply.. Been doing a few things and quite busy. I'll have to look into it. Maybe find a free to watch on Youtube? Sounds really exciting though.

Side note question. Are you feeling like something is different, or changed? You're experiencing something you don't normally see or feel? Something is going on, and not sure what. it's like something is about to happen. Does this make sense to you? Do you sense it?

Sparkles, I've felt that way for the past 5 years and yep, stuff keeps happening both on a personal and global level. At this point though after so long with crisis and emergencies, I don't know if that feeling is a read or general wariness now. It's likely a mix of both. It does feel like at least for the short term though things have come to an end on a personal level and a return of routine, such as it is is here for a long while.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Grasshopper and Sparkles like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Sun May 16, 2021 9:56 pm

Grasshopper wrote:Not yet. I'll keep an eye out and report back if anything comes up! New Kung Fu series premiere April 7, 2021, on the CW channel and local stations 3235394363

Yeah keep us posted if you sense or feel something. Smile
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Sun May 16, 2021 9:58 pm

melodiccolor wrote:
Sparkles wrote:Sorry for the late reply.. Been doing a few things and quite busy. I'll have to look into it. Maybe find a free to watch on Youtube? Sounds really exciting though.

Sparkles, I've felt that way for the past 5 years and yep, stuff keeps happening both on a personal and global level.  At this point though after so long with crisis and emergencies, I don't know if that feeling is a read or general wariness now.  It's likely a mix of both.  It does feel like at least for the short term though things have come to an end on a personal level and a return of routine, such as it is is here for a long while.

Yessy, that's right. But what I feel is like something is happening in the spiritual realms. I seem to be seeing more spiritual stuff then before. and things I've never seen before. this is very hard to explain, but something is happening on the other side. Do you feel that too?
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon May 17, 2021 1:57 pm

Sparkles wrote:
melodiccolor wrote:

Sparkles, I've felt that way for the past 5 years and yep, stuff keeps happening both on a personal and global level.  At this point though after so long with crisis and emergencies, I don't know if that feeling is a read or general wariness now.  It's likely a mix of both.  It does feel like at least for the short term though things have come to an end on a personal level and a return of routine, such as it is is here for a long while.

Yessy, that's right. But what I feel is like something is happening in the spiritual realms. I seem to be seeing more spiritual stuff then before. and things I've never seen before. this is very hard to explain, but something is happening on the other side. Do you feel that too?

I am not connected to that realm in any way so I wouldn't know. But given all the deaths from the pandemic and social unrest and wars, it could well have an impact as all those join in the mix.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum