The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Empathic overload: who is to blame?

3 posters

Go down

Empathic overload: who is to blame? Empty Empathic overload: who is to blame?

Post by Nucky Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:52 pm

When so many others around you are feeling upset and overloading you empathically, who do you think is to blame? Do you think that everyone is entirely responsible for their own empathic overload and that everyone is entirely responsible for their own piece of mind? Or do you believe that those whose negative feelings are being picked up by empaths share some of the blame?

I will share my take on this after this thread gets some responses.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Empathic overload: who is to blame? Empty Re: Empathic overload: who is to blame?

Post by melodiccolor Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:15 pm

There is no blame; ever. There is working to recenter, to find a way to resolve the problem. I am responsible for my own feelings, my own reactions to others no matter how they come to me.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Empathic overload: who is to blame? Empty Re: Empathic overload: who is to blame?

Post by edie Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:53 pm

yes we are responcible for ourselves. our actions are ours alone. but cant helped to be influanced from outside affects or causes.
some people play on your emotions knowing you are empathic. may not notice that right away. so yes i can say in certain situations there can be blame.
but no blame for ordinary pickups of fealings. everyday is diffrent some days we are week and some we are not. of course we will have week days that some ones emotion get the better of us.
somthing we learn to get better at as we go.
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down