The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Board Technical glitches

+11
lula may
WissyWig
Safari
BlueTopaz
Nucky
jaded
Justin Passing
reb
adain
Little Sister
melodiccolor
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Board Technical glitches - Page 2 Empty Re: Board Technical glitches

Post by melodiccolor Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:24 pm

I just checked the faces to go with the voices thread; it seems several photos are missing now; there was mention at forumotion of graphics and photos missing at several forums.

The staff at Forumotion also said that all the threads and posts from yesterday are probably gone for good. Our forum wasn't backed up to an earlier version; there is some data corruption going on.

My guess it that it's going to take a few days to get everything resolved. Forums are still going offline intermittently; members are suddenly having access to moderator tools; usernames are going missing and odd data is appearing. If you see anything happening here, please post it in this thread, pm me or email me so I can let Forumotion know.

As for missing photos; eventually , those may need to be reposted.

What's scary is that all of the problems we've been having this week are due to a major update of all forums. Aimoo did something simular and it killed their hsp forum.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:34 pm

Mel, even if we have to adjust in some way or another, this forum will never die.
Geez, the forummotion people have problems.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:45 pm

It's true, we are like a pheonix. Very Happy
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:41 pm

The members getting into moderator's forums is also eerily similar to the AIMOO problems.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Passing Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:07 pm

Obviously, our host had some fairly serious database table corruption yesterday. That's the only thing that's likely to cause them to restore us from a backup, and it's a rather serious problem. Still, so far their staff has been quite diligent about investigating problems, so I'm hoping they will get to the bottom of this one. Corrupted tables are deadly, and database software (like the MySQL software that they're no doubt using) is written quite deliberately to make that as hard to do as possible.

Keep the faith. We've lost a day's posts, but hopefully the worst is over. They'll be scouring their new code (and all the logs) looking for how this happened and with luck they'll find it shortly. With a bit of luck, they'll also discover why they've had intermittent problems with locally hosted graphics loading from their servers as well.
Justin Passing
Justin Passing
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:02 pm

Just thought I'd update everyone. Everything seems to be working correctly here for the moment, even the chatbox.

But other forumotion forums are still experiencing difficulties--the same ones we were experiencing just before all the forums crashed. So I don't know how stable we are. Hopefully the techs don't consider this solved and are still working to stabilize everything at forumotion.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Passing Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:49 pm

It would appear that the chat box is logging everyone in "automatically" at the moment. Another glitch I'm afraid.
Justin Passing
Justin Passing
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:36 pm

I just checked at Forumotion support forum. This is a problem right now with many forums. Also you may be seeing a script error box when you go to the index page. It seems to be related to this problem. I just check run the page and everything else seems to be working properly.

On a few forums, people are reporting problems posting a long post; it just disappears. If you get a blank page trying to do this, please let me know.

Just be patient everyone. It is safe to use the forum, but glitches will continue until Forumotion's techs figure out exactly what went wrong with their update last week.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:46 pm

Okay, today, the only thing that has showed up so far is people now get logged out of the chatbox after not posting for 5 minutes. This could be disruptive to chats, but we can work around it.

On other forums, autoscroll and autorefresh are working intermittantly in the chatbox and script errors are appearing at random.

One forum noted that pm's are going to the wrong recipient. If that happens here, post on this thread IMMEDIATELY. We need to know; this is a really serious bug.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:52 pm

Just to let everyone know; Forumotion is about to install some updates and new features on everyone's forums. They have yet to say what they are, but they are in the final testing phases in the first of many such updates.

Our forum may go down without warning while these are being installed, or we may experience bugs or changes.

If you log in but can't access the forum, try again in a few minutes and if that doesn't work, a few hours. It always comes back online eventually.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:49 pm

There have apparently been some glitches in pm's recently. If anyone has been having difficulty recieving a notification of a pm or getting a notification but the contents are missing, please let me know asap. Post here or pm me (and hope I get it).

Also if you sent a pm but haven't gotten an answer yet, ask if that person received it. They may not have. All three things have happened to me in the last few days; I'm thinking new host bugs.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Safari Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:03 pm

Hmm, I don't think I've been getting all of the email notifications of PMs...but then, that's been happening with Facebook notifications too, so maybe it's my computer.
Safari
Safari

Back to top Go down

Post by WissyWig Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:23 pm

"Glitches, and sons of glitches..." Ha!

I don't know if this is related to anything we're discussing here, but I thought I'd pose the question, sorry if it's been brought up before.

Whenever I try to insert a smiley or italicize/boldface/underline type, I'm thrown back up to the top of the post, and the smiley will be entered at the very bottom, despite the fact that I may be inserting it in the middle. Anyone else have this issue? What's that about?
WissyWig
WissyWig

http://www.myspace.com/designs-by-indigolden

Back to top Go down

Post by Safari Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:37 pm

I have the problem of the smiley being inserted at the bottom too, on both this forum and HSP Home. I have to cut and paste it, which is annoying, but it's one of those things I never really thought to question, lol. I guess it's one of the quirks of this type of board format. Does it happen at the Retreat too?
Safari
Safari

Back to top Go down

Post by lula may Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:57 pm

Yes, that has also happened to me. Seems like it isn't every time but maybe I just post a lot of smileys at the bottom of what I write? No biggie though. Very Happy
lula may
lula may

Back to top Go down

Post by Safari Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:03 pm

It only happens when I enter the smiley as an afterthought....

.....which of course makes sense since it's automatically at the end of the post if I enter it as I go along..... Suspect
Safari
Safari

Back to top Go down

Post by WissyWig Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:31 pm

Safari wrote:Does it happen at the Retreat too?

No it doesn't, which is why it was so scratch to me when it kept happening. But then, we have a genius computer programmer in charge. mrgreen

(Sorry, I couldn't resist a little plug for my husband chuckle)
WissyWig
WissyWig

http://www.myspace.com/designs-by-indigolden

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:00 pm

If you answer in the quick reply box that limitation in programming seems to be there. You can only add the emoticon at the end of what you've typed; you can't go back and insert it without cutting and pasting.

If you click on the "post reply" button on the left and just below the quick reply box, you get full features for manipulating text and emoticons, plus a whole page to type in.

I still need to know about pm problems though; it's important and it's not just my computer; it's happened to someone else as well plus it's happened recently in other of Forumotion's forums.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:37 pm

Just encountered a new tech. glitch; I was using the quick reply box to answer a thread. I copied and pasted a bit of the previous post but when I went to highlight it to quote it, it went all grainy. When I clicked the quote button, the graininess disappeared. Now here's the really weird part: so did the quick reply box. The text remained in quotes but could no longer be manipulated. It was just at the bottom of the screen outside of any box.

So I clicked send to see what would happen, figuring I'd get the postreply with the text. But it just vanished and I got a blank postreply box with the msg. that I needed to enter something in order to post.

Very odd. Everything worked fine after that. But if anyone else sees anything strange with programming functions of this site, post it here please.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by adain Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:51 pm

I had a post disappear. I'm sure I posted it.
adain
adain

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:43 pm

Which post was it Adain? Was it something that had been there for a few hours that I'd have had a chance to read? If so, yet another problem is back. I'll look into it.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri May 15, 2009 3:54 pm

There seems to be some problems with photobucket today and that will interfere with our boards functioning until it's resolved. For example, graphics and emoticons may not load and our bubble background is missing.

I also noticed that pages are being slow to load and that could be because the program is trying to load the missing data from photobucket.

Also, there seems to be a unrelated problem at Forumotion (our host) today. I notice that after I post, I get stuck on the page instructing to click on message or forum instead of it transitioning quickly to the message just posted. For now, we need to manually click on where we want to go.

Hopefully, both of these issues will soon be resolved.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:33 pm

The board went down for a few minutes about 10 min ago while I was posting (the post was lost). If any of you are experiencing simular outages, post here please.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:24 pm

Well, we'd been experiencing moment of the chatbox freezing then working just fine again after just a sec to maybe a few minutes. Then today, both this board and our host Forumotion's helf forum went offline for a few moments. I happened to be on here when it went down.

Obviously they have a problem they are aware of and working to fix.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:08 pm

Has anyone else noticed a problem with pages loading agonisingly slowly or not at all intermittently this weekend?
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by edie Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:15 pm

just a bit ago i could not get dimention to load at all.
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:47 pm

it's working fine for me...except I was signed out...
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:07 pm

I was signed out as well. Other than that, it's working fine.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:41 pm

They seemed to have fixed things at our host, but in the process logged us all out. I expected things would likely be fixed tonight as it is morning in France, where our host is and they've returned to work.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:09 pm

I am also posting here this important information.

Apparently there is a coding bug that prevents people at random from logging in. It is hitting many people at several boards hosted at Forumotion, our host. In some cases entire memberships are locked out.

Here, so far it has hit one person here that we know of. If it is not resolved by tomorrow, we may move the chat over to Gaia.
(More information on Gaia)

Please let me know if you can't log in; if you don't already have my email, pm me over at Gaia as glengrin.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next