The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Domestic violence rant

5 posters

Go down

Domestic violence rant Empty Domestic violence rant

Post by jaded Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:03 am

let me give you the history here: We have a new neighbor ( new being she wasn't born here. She has lived here 3 years). She is married with 3 children. her lifestayle is questionable. Rumor has it she sleep swith married men.
Her husband caught her in bed with another neighbor a few months ago. He shot the other neighbors house up & held her at gun point. He was NOT arrested. He was served with a domestic violence restraining order.
Then a few weeks later he was hiding in her yard in the dark trying to cut the brake lines to her car. She called 911. He fled again NOT arrested.
I do NOT know these people. They live across the street up 2 houses from me.

The other day, Friday she came to my house approx. 3 pm & asked if my husband hunted & if she could have a bullet. I told her, I was not giving someone I did not know ammunition.

That night my mother kept my children & my husband & I were sitting on our front porch swing around 11 pm. Our neighbor who lives directly across the street from me, whom I have known since his birth, came running out of her house. There were 3 men attempting to attack him. Two of which were this girls adopted father & her ex husband. The neighbor ( I'll call him Paul), yelled, that her father had raped her.

The ex husband got into an Explorer & tried to run over Paul as the other men attacked him. My husband ran up the street to get Paul the heck out of there. The ex perceeded to try to run over Paul 2 more times as well as my husband.I of course at this point was on the phone calling 911.
The police still has not arrested this man. I heard him burning tires yesterday afternoon in front of her house again.

I cannot take it. I am afraid now he will bother us. I just don't get why in the heck they don't arrest that man. He is surly going to kill her one day. I am staying uninvolved. The other night we had no choice because I couldn't witness that & not phone the police. I feel sorry for her. But I have learned not to try to fix things I did not break. I know that sounds cold hearted . But I have brought so much strife in my life & my familys helping dysfunctional people.

Wonder if there is any place I could call about the danger he presents & they would do something over the county law enforcements head here.

Last edited by seashell on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling & typos of course)
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Domestic violence rant Empty Re: Domestic violence rant

Post by Nucky Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:51 pm

Well, what the hell are the police doing there that is so important that they routinely ignore attempted murders? You should file a complaint.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:54 pm

Thats what I was thinking.

Ya know the entire world has went insane lately.
Erik if I win the lottery I will build an hsp retreat 100 miles away from society.
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:57 pm

That is ugly. Start a protesting campaign to your mayor and local council person, in writing, documenting all of this and demand the police do something about it. Get your neighbors to sign the letters and to add their own recollections of the incidents.

We had to do this to get rid of a large and growing gang up the street from us who were openly distributing drugs nightly to teen dealers out of a truck and who were all parole violators with a long history of violent criminal offenses. It took a few years, but we succeeded. In the process a neighborhood association was formed and it had some political clout. This resulted in much better police response.

By taking this approach, you will be protecting her, your neighbors and your family from this violent and dangerous man.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:07 pm

Mel we don't have a mayor or police officers. The ones that came were counties. I live very rural. BUT I am planning on doing something.
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:10 pm

In our area, rural county areas do have sherrifs and county councilmen. Do you have the same? The same approach might work with them.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:14 pm

The Sherrifs office is probably 15 miles away. We don't have concilmen. I have noticed more police presense lately. I wish they'd lock him up. I look daily at incarcerations.

You would not believe the stuff that has been happening in Mayberry ( Enterprise WV). It is scarey.
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:31 pm

Shell, it isn't cold or unfeeling of you to decide to stay out of a dangerous situation like this. Obviously this guy has been this way for a while and she has chosen to stay with him. Not only that, she chose to engage in behavior (cheating on him) that was guaranteed to incite a violent reaction from him. People who poke the bear so to speak usually do it because they enjoy the chaos and drama. The only innocents are their kids and the people like your family and others who are being dragged into this mess.

I am appalled that law enforcement hasn't arrested this idiot. Sometimes they are reluctant to in domestic violence cases because the wife has a tendancy to drop the charges. However in the incident with the neighbor something should have happened to him.

I would take Mel's advice and see if you can't get the neighbors together to sign something in writing. Complain loudly and frequently. The sqeaky wheel does get the grease.
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:16 pm

Ya know he attacked her last weekend with a hoe. I didn't witness it but I heard. Police came once again he was gone. He still has not been arrested. He is going to kill her..........

Just had another case in another county here. The man had broken a domestic violence order 4 times......he killed his wife & her mother than himself just last week. What is the matter with this state?
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by mischifus Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:59 pm

In some states the children are considered inherently at risk if there is verifiable domestic violence. Have you tried calling CPS about this?
mischifus
mischifus

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:05 pm

They gave the father custody of the kids. I think this man comes from a wealthy family.

Last night my friend was here that works in CPS. We were discussing the situation. She is going to go out of the county & try to get something done. This area is to small & corrupt for anything to be done on a local level. I just hope he doesn't kill her & those children first.
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down