The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't it make my blonde hair brown.....

+4
WissyWig
Little Sister
jaded
namasteheather
8 posters

Go down

Don't it make my blonde hair brown..... Empty Don't it make my blonde hair brown.....

Post by namasteheather Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:41 pm

Well I would normally post this in the beauty section of the retreat but it is down. Forgive me if this is too shallow of a subject, but I have this thing about my hair color. I just like to change it and am constantly trying to perfect it. ha.
So I have decided to start buying the kind you get at professional beauty salon stores, that you mix in a bowl and have to figure out the right ratio of dye to developer. I got some that was supposed to be dark blonde but I guess I messed up the ratio because when I first did it, it was dark dark brown. I looked pretty bad.
It is a warm shade and I do better with cooler shades. So everyday I have been shampooing my hair with this hardcore male bodywash stuff my brother left here to try to get the color to fade out.
It is finally to a point where I can look in the mirror and not think "ACK!"
I was trying to see if people responded to me differently with brown hair. And you know what, I honestly think that they do just a little bit. It's odd.
Don't it make my blonde hair brown..... M_70b3a600b15543b7a6a201664a265cf2

I guess for those who don't me, here is my original fake color. My natural color is a really mousey dark dark blonde that I can't stand. So I try to lighten it up a little bit and then end up getting it to turn bright blonde everytime. That is because I can't keep myself from going underwater when I take my daughter swimming and I used to have to stand out in the sun half the day when I was a preschool teacher. Yes I need to go to a professional but I can't afford it. And the unexpected results are kind of fun....
Don't it make my blonde hair brown..... M_c341d393c5db8e5a75fc94c8614a6f56

Not the best look on my face, but that was the best photo I could get that showed the true color the best. Of course your monitor settings will make it look different so I don't know why I even bothered with that!
namasteheather
namasteheather

Back to top Go down

Don't it make my blonde hair brown..... Empty Re: Don't it make my blonde hair brown.....

Post by jaded Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:41 pm

I like it blonde
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Don't it make my blonde hair brown..... Empty Re: Don't it make my blonde hair brown.....

Post by Little Sister Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:59 pm

Yes, I like the blond, too.
Little Sister
Little Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by WissyWig Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:11 pm

Ditto Smile It brightens up your face.

It also looks like you've lost quite a bit of weight since the brown-haired girl photo was taken.
WissyWig
WissyWig

http://www.myspace.com/designs-by-indigolden

Back to top Go down

Post by namasteheather Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:36 pm

Ha, the brown hair one was taken today, the blonde was taken about a month ago........
Yes I think I need to go back to blonde. It's been fun having a change but I don't feel like me.
I have gained some weight. Damn Halloween candy!
namasteheather
namasteheather

Back to top Go down

Post by WissyWig Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:48 pm

namasteheather wrote:Ha, the brown hair one was taken today, the blonde was taken about a month ago........
Yes I think I need to go back to blonde. It's been fun having a change but I don't feel like me.
I have gained some weight. Damn Halloween candy!

Oh crap, H...did I get it backwards? Jeez. Rolling Eyes

Well, the other thing is, I was wondering if the blonde hair slims your face down a bit, too.
WissyWig
WissyWig

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:22 pm

I like the blonde too. It looks great.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by WissyWig Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:53 pm

So when was the last time you colored it? Can you lighten it now or is it too soon after the last coloring?
WissyWig
WissyWig

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:25 pm

Gosh you look like two different people! I can't really say which one I like the best, they both look good! Is there any way you could try a shade in between those two? I think a little brightness looks good but maybe not quite as bright as the second photo?
I'm like you, I'm always changing my hair colour and it's hard for me to find the right shade...
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:41 pm

I'm going to have to agree, blonde. It definitely lightens your face and makes you look younger. Very Happy
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:18 pm

I say go with the blonde too.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by namasteheather Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:34 pm

Beade, I don't know if you can go from being dark browne to blonde without doing a lightening process. I'm going to have to research it. The thing is, for some reason no matter what I do, everytime I color my hair it just gets lighter and lighter every day. They say the stuff they use in salons doesn't fade as badly.
Anyway hopefully in a week or two this will be back in the blonde range and I can just lighten it up.

I think for Xmas I'm going to ask for a gift certificate to this place called the hair color experts. They're probably going to tell me that I have to get my color stripped, which apparently makes your grays come out even more. But I'm probably going to be dyeing it for a long time, so what difference does it make?

I swear, men treat me differently. I can't figure out what it is, but it's there!
namasteheather
namasteheather

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:16 am

I picked blonde well because I am a redhead & think blondes are alway the hotties. You look great both ways
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by namasteheather Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:01 am

Thanks seashell.
I guess I need to go back to blonde!
The other thing is that it makes me look a lot more like my mom. And while my mom is not a bad looking woman, I already feel like I'm turning into her. Don't need to look exactly like she did when she was my age to prove it!
namasteheather
namasteheather

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:55 pm

Hehe heather I know me too...my Mom and I have the same hair style often with blond highlights, sometimes I look in the mirror and think, Oh my God, I've turned into my mother!
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by WissyWig Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:52 pm

Luna, I thought you looked AWESOME with that black 'do. Very Happy
WissyWig
WissyWig

Back to top Go down

Post by namasteheather Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:21 pm

When did you have black hair Luna?
It's really bad when you become a mother too and find yourself saying things that your mom used to say. Or doing things your mom used to do that you swore you would never do.
namasteheather
namasteheather

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:05 pm

I had dark brown hair last winter. I have been thinking about doing it again but I'm feeling attached to my current hair colour lol!! I'm sure at some point I will feel like making a change. I just felt like that colour made me look very washed out and pale... I am not sure if the goth look is for me hehe.
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by WissyWig Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:35 pm

I am not sure if the goth look is for me hehe.

I thought it was. Very dramatic. Smile

Of course, taking advice from someone who once dyed her hair purple and blonde (at the same time) might be contraindicated, among other things. mrgreen
WissyWig
WissyWig

Back to top Go down

Post by namasteheather Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:08 am

We saw a woman at the gas station who had dark black hair with bright red/pink strands in the front. Aly looked at her and said "Aw, you're so cute!" I think she thought it was a costume. ha.
namasteheather
namasteheather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down