The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help make the workplace a better place for HSP's! (need help!)

2 posters

Go down

Help make the workplace a better place for HSP's!  (need help!) Empty Help make the workplace a better place for HSP's! (need help!)

Post by Bhavini Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:24 am

Help make the workplace a much better place for HSP's!
Survey participants much needed

Hi All

I'm doing some research as part of a post graduate programme on HSP in the workplace. My questionnaire survey is circulating in a large organisation but I really need to make sure I have enough HSP participants to make an effective comparison with NON-HSP's & HSP's in the workplace. I have only had 1 participant so far from adverts via HSP forums and if this research is to accurately reflect HSP needs I will need many more! Laughing In the long run, if research in this area is to progress it will need the support and participation of the HSP community.

I would be very grateful if you could complete this online survey - approx 15 mins.
https://cityss.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5pX7HghcDH4tgk4

The complicated part is ....(in true HSP style there would be complexity involved here!) that I need a matched sample. This means that I need employees to complete the self-report survey (above) and for their managers to complete a separate survey asking for objective ratings about employees. Of course, both sets of responses will be entirely separate and only viewable by the researcher. All names are converted to ID's.

The above survey asks for you to nominate a first line supervisor and give contact details. The manager's survey automatically pings directly to your manager's email with research details and a link.

[b]However, it would be helpful if you could explain the importance of the research to your nominated manager and encourage them to complete the survey which only takes a few minutes. A matched/paired sample is the ideal but even if you are self-employed or not line managed you should still do the survey as I need to make sure I have enough HSP's either way - you should enter your own contact details where it asks for your manager details and I'll know the situation - you should also ignore the email trigger with the manager survey when it arrives.[/u]

I do hope you can help. Extra Happy I can't give away too much detail about the research at this stage but there is a participant debrief towards the end of the survey and I can post up a summary of results here after my project deadline

Thanks very much!

Bhavini Shrivastava
Work Performance Psychologist
https://cityss.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5pX7HghcDH4tgk4

Last edited by Bhavini on Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:22 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : missed out important info.)
Bhavini
Bhavini

Back to top Go down

Help make the workplace a better place for HSP's!  (need help!) Empty Re: Help make the workplace a better place for HSP's! (need help!)

Post by melodiccolor Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:58 pm

Welcome Bhavini. I did see this on our fanpage, however I am self employed so not able to help. I hope others here can however. I also encourage you to look at our links section for other HSP boards as well; they are throughout the thread and not just in the first post.

I hope what you find is invaluable and useful. Good luck with your research.

http://funhsps.niceboard.org/t185-links
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Help make the workplace a better place for HSP's!  (need help!) Empty Re: Help make the workplace a better place for HSP's! (need help!)

Post by Bhavini Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi there

I meant to say in the advert that even if you are self employed you could still do the survey as I still need to increase the HSP sample size. Where it asks for manager details, you should enter your own and I'll know the situation - also you can ignore the email trigger for the manager survey when it arrives.

There is demographic question early on that asks about employment status e.g self-employed, part time/full time etc and it will be interesting to see how many HSP's work in organisations versus self employed as that is part of my purpose in doing this research in that self employment allows HSP the autonomy to work to their own schedule but the problem is that not all types of work allow for this option such as nursing so that is why organisations need to understand this as a working style and make adjustments.

Thanks for the advice re other HSP forums etc.
Bhavini
Bhavini

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down