The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HSP Meetup Group for the San Francisco Bay Area

+6
BlueEyes
Nucky
Safari
BlueTopaz
melodiccolor
4th Magi
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

HSP Meetup Group for the San Francisco Bay Area Empty HSP Meetup Group for the San Francisco Bay Area

Post by 4th Magi Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:10 pm

Hey folks,

I'm guessing there might be a few people on this forum who live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm organizing an HSP meetup group for the area (and anywhere within driving range of it). Currently, me and at least three other people are definitely interested. I'm not looking for long-term commitments right now; I just want to see how many people are willing to meet at least once (in a restaurant, café or similar public venue).

The initial meetup would have no agenda as such: not a therapy session, not a complaint department. Just a gathering of souls who have high sensitivity in common. The meetup would be modeled after the Conversation Cafe format. If you're interested, or at least curious, you can reply to this post or send me a PM.

Cheers!
4th Magi
4th Magi

Back to top Go down

HSP Meetup Group for the San Francisco Bay Area Empty Re: HSP Meetup Group for the San Francisco Bay Area

Post by melodiccolor Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:13 pm

You already know I'm interested! Very Happy
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

HSP Meetup Group for the San Francisco Bay Area Empty Re: HSP Meetup Group for the San Francisco Bay Area

Post by BlueTopaz Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:41 pm

Gee, I so wish I could go.
I could use the personal closeness of some other HSPs right now.
I mean, not just through the internet, but in person where I could feel your energy and "vibes". (I have a lot of empathy).
I am on a serious INFJ side of my IN*J cycle.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Safari Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:15 am

I would join you if you happened to have the meeting at a time when I was in San Francisco, heh.
Safari
Safari

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:49 pm

Well, it looks like the meeting is happening in the Bay Area, and 3 members of this board are interested. Unfortunately, one will miss the first one due to a work conflict.

We'll me meeting, it looks like, on November 9th. I am really looking forward to it and I'll tell you all about it afterwards. mrgreen
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:14 pm

I went to the meetup today. I never had experienced anything like it. THe setting was a resteraunt on a pier over the SF Bay and we had a quiet table in a window corner with some great views. It was a very hsp friendly venue. We all connected instantly. The original idea was to do a conversational cafe for introductions to give those less outgoing a chance to speak. The idea was abandoned even before we got to the table. We already had done it before sitting down, just on the walk there. The funny thing is, most of them mentioned on the way in that they were worried about being overwhelmed in a large group situation. 30 seconds later, everyone realised it was not going to be a problem; we were all very comfortable and visiting like long time very good friends. Blue Eyes didn't make it, but the woman I rode with and I had a great chat on the way to the meetup. She and I live within 2 miles of one another! It was great to finally meet 4th Magi in person too. 7 people came, altogether out of the 9 who said they were going to make it. We're going to do another one next month.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:32 pm

I wish that there were some people on this forum within reasonable driving distance of me. It would be awesome if we could all somehow meet up someday.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:44 pm

Quite a few of us have been trying to figure out just how to do this. We figure it's going to take a few years for logistics and people to save for the transport.

You might pm 4th Magi on how he got together hsp's for the BayArea meetup; maybe you could organize something in your area.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Safari Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:29 am

Wow, cool! How many from this board were there, Melodiccolor? Just you and 4th Magi?
Safari
Safari

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:01 pm

Yes, just the two of us this time. But some from the meetup will probably be coming to Dimension too.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:08 am

Well, we had our 2nd meetup today. A great time was had by all who could make it. We had a fierce storm coming through today and BlueEyes got snowed in and couldn't come. A couple of others didn't show either. But the first meetup was no fluke. This time, my husband joined us too (he is not hsp, but still fits in well. He's been married to an hsp now for 28 years after all).

The next meetup is at my (gulp) house as a pot luck. At least I don't have to travel the long distance this time. BlueEyes is happy as the Bay Area is about 150 miles from her; here is much closer. That is why it is going to be here; I really hope she doesn't miss that one. Laughing
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueEyes Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:36 pm

Yep, I hope to make it this time... as long as work and the weather cooperate for a change. I am really looking forward to it! big grin
BlueEyes
BlueEyes

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:40 pm

Well, our 3rd meetup will be at my house tomorrow. It looks like 4th Magi, BlueEyes, Traveler and others will be there--9 in all. I've never had so many over to my tiny house, so this will be interesting (think butterflies). But I expect it to be a lot of fun too. Since we're all hsp's, sensory overload shouldn't be a problem. Laughing
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyNan Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:49 pm

Tucson HSP gathering update: Lula and I met again today to talk about doing this here. We have some good ideas about where to post and now she's going to start pulling together some ideas for a little accompanying blurb. Meanwhile she has a friend who is HSP and so do I so we'll start small with the 4 of us. Lula and I get along splendidly because our minds both work in strange and mysterious ways, i.e. we see humor in everything (just about). Oh, and we even have a location scoped out, a local coffee house, and a couple of ideas for times. Soon we will actually do it.
SimplyNan
SimplyNan

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:21 pm

That's really wonderful! It also seems to be the perfect starting size for the group. Eventually, you'll probably want to open it up a bit so that other hsp's who don't know others who are can get the opportunity to meet.

We're having the opposite problem; how to get it to stop growing. It seems too many are interested in the area. Shocked 4th Magi was initially concerned when he started forming this group that there wouldn't be enough interest. He was thrilled when we got to 4. It soon jumped to 12 and he closed the invitations. In spite of that, we are up to 15 total. That's a lot for group adverse introverted hsp's.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:59 pm

Well, 2 people bowed out last night, so we had 7 here, including my h and myself. It was a really nice time with way too much great food. It seems we all can cook! The meetup cooked as well. At my home, people were more relaxed than at the resteraunt and it lasted longer because of it. We were all happy with the setting, so next month it is at 4th Magi's house. Our membership is spread out some though; it really isn't a bay area meetup anymore, as members live as far away as Reno.

Blue Eyes was the last to leave, and as she was doing so, that georgious moon that Tender Heart gave the heads up about was rising. Blue Eyes tried to get a picture of it and we enjoyed the view for awhile.

It was a very nice day, thoroughly enjoyed by all. mrgreen
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:00 am

Good to hear Melodi! Wish I could've been there.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:00 am

Well Nucky, find a way to earn some bus or plane fare, and maybe you will make one of our meetups.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:29 pm

We had another wonderful meetup at 4th Magi's house. mrgreen

BlueEyes wasn't able to come as she got snowed in. We were all disappointed.

There was much good discussion and way too much great food, as usual. We've begun to consider planning for a retreat type meetup, maybe a weekend camping trip or something of that sort.

4th Magi hasn't been here recently, as all his free time has been spent turning his front yard and back yard of his newly purchased house into an organic garden. He completely tore out the old landscaping and is starting from scratch. He hopes to return when finished, hopefully this spring. I saw the barebones of the design he's creating; it's going to be beautiful and highly functional.

In the meantime, he posted an article over at our meetup site that I think will interest many here. I'll be right back with it.

Here it is; on job hunting and interviewing for introverts:

http://money.cnn.com/2009/02/11/news/economy/introverts.fortune/index.htm
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grasshopper Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:45 pm

We haven't posted anything here for a while, so here's an update:

We had our 8th monthly meetup potluck yesterday at 4th Magi's home! Included one new member from Mountain View. Seven of us altogether.

Last month we visited the PAWS animal rescue facility in Galt (saw lions, tigers, monkeys, etc) before meeting at Melodi's home.

In October we are planning a group weekend adventure to Yosemite! Yea! I've not been there since the '70s. cheers
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

https://sfba.social/@Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:51 pm

Our group has been having a lot of fun; each time we get together, we seem to enjoy things more.

Once odd coincidence; in Feb, March and April, our meetups coincided with the biggest storms of the month (also, iirc, an earlier one as well). In May and this weekend, they coincided with major heat waves. It could be a record one right now. It was 105F here yesterday and in the Bay Area at 4th Magi's house, it was easily 100F. Today is hotter still. It topped out at over 100F for May's meetup too.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:22 pm

Well, this weekend is our first weekend together; we are all going to Yosemite. This should be a lot of fun! big grin
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueEyes Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:05 pm

Looks like it is going to be clear and cold there... a really nice weekend!
Bundle up and have tons of fun! Looking forward to some nice photos.

cat cat Smile
BlueEyes
BlueEyes

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:54 pm

Ah...you know how I am about taking pictures. Rolling Eyes lol!

Fortunately the rest of the group are much more inclined to do so, so we should have some good ones. big grin
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:56 pm

I'm sure you're going to have lots of fun! I'm excited for you!
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Safari Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:35 am

Yosemite? As in the National Park? Cool! I love it there! Hope you do post some pics. Smile
Safari
Safari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:37 am

I've always wanted to visit there. I do appreciate nature much more than some people here realize. Please post some of the best pics taken of your group Melodic. I will be with you in spirit. Very Happy
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:31 pm

It sounds like fun. It's a place I so want to visit. Looking forward to hearing how it went. Very Happy
butterfly
butterfly

http://www.tribe.paramimedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:06 am

Wow, sounds like a wonderful way to spend a weekend (and you're birthday!), I hope you have an awesome time!
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:35 am

We all had a wonderful time. I'll be posting more about it later--with photos. First, I have to get copies of them from everyone else.... big grin
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next