The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On being the hero of our own story...

3 posters

Go down

On being the hero of our own story... Empty On being the hero of our own story...

Post by Selmine Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:10 pm

Quicky posting part of a chat I had with Melodi. She thought it would be interesting for y'all to read Smile
Don't have time to bundle it up with nice sentences, so here is the raw thing!

Selmi: is it hard to accept to some people? that they are hsps?
melodiccolor: they view it as a disease
and empathic ability scares them
all they want is to be "cured" of it
sad
Selmi: yes
as a child my dream was to have magic powers
and be like the heros i read about
melodiccolor: and now you have them
Selmi: yes! Smile
and i'm a hero too
melodiccolor: Very Happy
Selmi: but the fights are internal
fighting my own monsters
melodiccolor: yes
Selmi: but it's the same Wink
melodiccolor: it really is
Selmi: and better to see it in that perspective
everyone's the hero of his or her own story after all
melodiccolor: unless they make themselves the victim of it
or sometimes the villain
Selmine
Selmine

Back to top Go down

On being the hero of our own story... Empty Re: On being the hero of our own story...

Post by Zen Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:48 pm

Haha, thank you for making this thread as this is something I've been pondering currently.

It's important to note though, from personal experience...
Your HSP "super powers" easily become a crutch to rely on for a sense of control or being better than "the average human" you have encountered in your life.
I had a rude awakening about this early on. I'd suggest using them to explore your human spirit, rather than try to defeat the not so great aspects of it we see displayed.

Rather than one role though, I find myself playing all them in my own story.
Hero and villan are two sides of the same whole. People will hate your guts for doing what your intuition says is the right thing, or simply being yourself sometimes, and they will not necessarily be your enemies.

Sometimes I wonder what part I play in the greater whole lol

Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

On being the hero of our own story... Empty Re: On being the hero of our own story...

Post by Alethia Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:58 am

Zen wrote:Haha, thank you for making this thread as this is something I've been pondering currently.

Your HSP "super powers" easily become a crutch to rely on for a sense of control or being better than "the average human" you have encountered in your life.

Yes this is true Zen, you can think the world should revolve around this aspect of you and when it doesn't it can set your up for missing out on another level of connection...where you connect just by being you without thought of them as a stand out..
I had a rude awakening about this early on. I'd suggest using them to explore your human spirit, rather than try to defeat the not so great aspects of it we see displayed.

This is a good point, we will constantly have reality checks on being HSP and the spirit level where we are all one. I too had a rude awakening about this point you make..Wink

Hero and villan are two sides of the same whole.

We are all the roles we play and act out in this reality...
People will hate your guts for doing what your intuition says is the right thing, or simply being yourself sometimes, and they will not necessarily be your enemies.

Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Selmine Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:35 pm

Alethia wrote:
Zen wrote:Haha, thank you for making this thread as this is something I've been pondering currently.
Np, but it's thanks to Mel! :p Zen, Alethia and everyone else, I'm not sure how this quoting-quoties business goes, so sorry if this gets confusing :p I'll be the bluuue one!

Isn't that a bad thing, though? I mean, personally, I've been trying to get rid of that need of a "sense of control". I think I see what you're saying, but do you have an exemple of this?
And, as "being better than the average human... I don't want to see things this way. I believe HSPs are different in the way that two people can have respectively blue eyes and brown eyes, but it doesn't make them that different and/or superior/inferior one way or the other... don't you think?

Yes this is true Zen, you can think the world should revolve around this aspect of you and when it doesn't it can set your up for missing out on another level of connection...where you connect just by being you without thought of them as a stand out..

This is a good point, we will constantly have reality checks on being HSP and the spirit level where we are all one. I too had a rude awakening about this point you make..Wink
Ooooh agreed!

People will hate your guts for doing what your intuition says is the right thing, or simply being yourself sometimes, and they will not necessarily be your enemies.

I would argue that this isn't really being the villain Wink More like a hero with bad publicity, or the villain in other people's eyes.
I believe that what is far more destructive is when you feel like you are you own villain, as well- creating a schism in your own mind, spirit, hopes, beliefs, ideas, with arguments on both side of the schism and a desperate confusion as to where lies the truth... if I'm making any sense :p

I like how you all talk about wholes... that idea crept up on me a few weeks ago, and I've been giving it a lot of thought, lately Smile

Selmine
Selmine

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm

Selmi wrote:
Alethia wrote:
Np, but it's thanks to Mel! :p Zen, Alethia and everyone else, I'm not sure how this quoting-quoties business goes, so sorry if this gets confusing :p I'll be the bluuue one!

Isn't that a bad thing, though? I mean, personally, I've been trying to get rid of that need of a "sense of control". I think I see what you're saying, but do you have an exemple of this?
And, as "being better than the average human... I don't want to see things this way. I believe HSPs are different in the way that two people can have respectively blue eyes and brown eyes, but it doesn't make them that different and/or superior/inferior one way or the other... don't you think?

Ooooh agreed!

I would argue that this isn't really being the villain Wink More like a hero with bad publicity, or the villain in other people's eyes.
I believe that what is far more destructive is when you feel like you are you own villain, as well- creating a schism in your own mind, spirit, hopes, beliefs, ideas, with arguments on both side of the schism and a desperate confusion as to where lies the truth... if I'm making any sense :p

Yes you are making sense...Smile
Everything we create comes from within self, so yes Selmi, any division skewed by the external world coming into your own view of yourself, can create unnecessary feelings in the face of what you first believed yourself to be. The division I must add of course is only related to the conditioned response or emotional bind coming through that view, of what you hold to that space in any case.

I like how you all talk about wholes... that idea crept up on me a few weeks ago, and I've been giving it a lot of thought, lately Smile

This is great it will open up your view greater both from within you and for the whole outside of you.

Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down