The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guitar Hero is lame

4 posters

Go down

Guitar Hero is lame Empty Guitar Hero is lame

Post by frmthhrt Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:30 pm

I just watched the kids playing Guitar Hero 5, and while it is nice to see the kids getting a good taste of classic rock, the animation part really sucked. First there is the glitch where the guitar players fingers stick out the backside of the guitar in the videos...
What really bothered me was watching the animated video (no game going on) of Frampton's "Do You Feel Like We Do". Anyone who knows anything about guitars and guitarists knows that Frampton performs this song using a "talk box", which is an effect that goes between the guitar and amplifier, which allows the vocalist to control the sound of the guitar using a plastic tube held in his mouth...Frampton sings the part in question with the tube in his mouth, and you hear a mix of his voice and the altered guitar sound.
There was no attempt to mimic this in the animation, and the "singer" just sings the part...lame! In this day and age of high quality animation, I found this to be a very poor quality product.
Personally, I agree with Jimmy Page and Jack White...kids are much better off with a real guitar, because the game is nothing like reality.
Oh, they also changed the drums, or at least the drum mix, and some of it really sucks very bad...flat and loud, and pounding even in songs that had quiet drumming (Coldplay "In My Place"). In general, it was all very disappointing.
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Guitar Hero is lame Empty Re: Guitar Hero is lame

Post by edie Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:26 pm

yeah i aggree the animation is crap and seem to get worse not better with each new version. i played the first and second of guitar hero which had really good song and was challenging. i was addicted for a bit lol i noticed the lip sinking was off(these were before they added singing to the game) like watching a Chinese movie in english lol. for such a smash hit of a game that is making probably millions, why cant they it better instead of worse? hell the new shooter games like Red Dead Redemption has way better graphics and lots more to it. guitar hero with less requirements demanding could have been better graphically.
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Yes. For the money they are making off it, you would think they would be making it better...
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:01 pm

Hey, anything Jimmy Page says about guitars should be taken as GOSPEL. Very Happy
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:01 pm

Tru dat, Blue! Very Happy

I tried playing Guitar Hero in a store, and it's not an easy game to learn. Seems like it's just as much effort as learning how to play a real guitar, which is much more worthwhile.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:37 pm

Yes, if Jimmy says it's a bad idea, I have to go along with him...
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down