The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is why it pays to just ignore the news and pay attention to our bodies

4 posters

Go down

This is why it pays to just ignore the news and pay attention to our bodies Empty This is why it pays to just ignore the news and pay attention to our bodies

Post by melodiccolor Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:37 pm

Science keeps getting it wrong, but if we read what our bodies need as HSP, once we get off of addicting junk foods and unnecessary medications (often ignoring the advice of doctors and dietitions to do so) we will do much better. Todays round up of news articles...

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/are-probiotics-new-prozac
http://www.thestreet.com/story/11976707/1/upside-down-news-salt-good-omega-3-bad.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

I also recall the reversal on advice to avoid eggs, nuts and avocado as bad for you when they were actually very good for you. My body said otherwise on that too so I followed it instead. All 3 were just written as a superfood yesterday in an article on what dietitians eat a lot of. How times change.

Just for being able to read me so well, I am thankful to be HSP.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

This is why it pays to just ignore the news and pay attention to our bodies Empty Re: This is why it pays to just ignore the news and pay attention to our bodies

Post by tezorian Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:22 am

You know it's not science, right? The good thing about this, is that people who do follow this crap, eventually should be utterly confused and decide for themselves what is right and what is wrong.

I know just of one example, because there were a number of articles that contradicted each other within a span of just a few months. Milk. First it was bad, then it was good, then i could cause cancer, then it could lower the chances of getting cancer and even one that said it could give you lactose intolerance and allergies.
tezorian
tezorian
Admin

Back to top Go down

This is why it pays to just ignore the news and pay attention to our bodies Empty Re: This is why it pays to just ignore the news and pay attention to our bodies

Post by Riana Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:13 am

I have lactose intolerance, so a glass of regular milk is off-limits for me. I do think Mel is right, it's best to follow how a certain food makes you feel.
Riana
Riana

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:58 pm

If eggs and most of those things were ever "Bad" for you my guess would be because of how the typical mass produced farm raising has warped it's natural properties to begin with....
Also marketing....
Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down