The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another way to view life and our bodies

+2
Nucky
melodiccolor
6 posters

Go down

Another way to view life and our bodies Empty Another way to view life and our bodies

Post by melodiccolor Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:05 pm

Alethia mentioned in chat last night about how she looked at a chart at her chiro's about how various parts of the body renew themselves completely every so often. This led me to recall an observation of mine that pretty much our entire bodies do so, completely replacing all the matter in it with new matter taken from the environment by several ways. This means that even fully within this reality, our idea of ourselves and our bodies as continuous is fully an illusion. It is only the pattern of ourselves passing through time that is; the actual physicality of us is not. Therefore it should be possible to convince that pattern to change to better suit our needs as we renew our actual selves. Just realised this during chat...it is another way to optimal health perhaps.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Another way to view life and our bodies Empty Re: Another way to view life and our bodies

Post by Nucky Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:56 pm

The longest living cells in our body last about 7 years. Which means that over a period of about 7 years, we become an entirely different person physically.

Last edited by Nucky on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Another way to view life and our bodies Empty Re: Another way to view life and our bodies

Post by Alethia Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:08 pm

Nucky wrote:The longest living cells in our body last about 7 years. Which means that over a period of about 7 years, we become an entirely different person physically.

Its amazing really. It comes back to taking care of ourselves holistically...mind body and spirit. Each one contributing to the space of how that next sevens years presents itself! I recall recently, a lady I met who connected with me about going through her own dark night of the soul. She was diagnosed with breast cancer and during her treatment, she told me she broke down and cried this night in the hospital. She asked spirit "Why?.........she told me beings of light appeared to her in that moment and they told her, it was for her cellular level healing....She shared that story with me because I too connected to that space when I went through my own dark night....I rememeber being guided to certain foods and interesting natural medicinal products that I would not normally take...In my intuitive space I felt it was addressing the physical body whilst I went through the deeper emotional cleansing..
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by tezorian Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:32 am

Would this be the reason why most relationships have the turningpoint or end @ 7 years?
tezorian
tezorian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:23 am

I'm not sure that this is true of the neurons in our brain (that is "turn over" every 7 years).
But I agree in general with Mel's original post. And, the idea of treating our bodies holistically as an entirety instead as a collection of parts.

Most neurons in the adult central nervous system are termi- nally differentiated, exist through the life of the organism, and are not replaced when they die. However, evidence exists that small populations of neurons continue to be born in the adult ventricular zone (1-3), olfactory system (4-6),and hippocam- pus (7-10).

taken from
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA Vol. 92, pp. 11879-11883, December 1995 Neurobiology
Survival and differentiation of adult neuronal progenitor cells transplanted to the adult brain
FRED H. GAGE*t, PENELOPE W. COATESt, THEO D. PALMER*, H. GEORG KUHN*, LISAJ.FISHER*, JAANA 0. SUHONEN*, DANIEL A. PETERSON*, STEVE T. SUHR*, AND JASODHARA RAY*
*LaboratoryofGenetics,TheSalkInstituteforBiologicalStudies,10010NorthTorreyPinesRoad,LaJolla,CA 92037;andtDepartmentofCellBiologyand Biochemistry,TexasTechUniversityHealthSciencesCenter,Lubbock,TX 79430
CommunicatedbyStephenHeinemann, TheSalkInstituteforBiologicalStudies,LaJola,CA,August2,1995
full article
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:05 am

BlueTopaz wrote:I'm not sure that this is true of the neurons in our brain (that is "turn over" every 7 years).
But I agree in general with Mel's original post. And, the idea of treating our bodies holistically as an entirety instead as a collection of parts.

Most neurons in the adult central nervous system are termi- nally differentiated, exist through the life of the organism, and are not replaced when they die. However, evidence exists that small populations of neurons continue to be born in the adult ventricular zone (1-3), olfactory system (4-6),and hippocam- pus (7-10).

taken from
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA Vol. 92, pp. 11879-11883, December 1995 Neurobiology
Survival and differentiation of adult neuronal progenitor cells transplanted to the adult brain
FRED H. GAGE*t, PENELOPE W. COATESt, THEO D. PALMER*, H. GEORG KUHN*, LISAJ.FISHER*, JAANA 0. SUHONEN*, DANIEL A. PETERSON*, STEVE T. SUHR*, AND JASODHARA RAY*
*LaboratoryofGenetics,TheSalkInstituteforBiologicalStudies,10010NorthTorreyPinesRoad,LaJolla,CA 92037;andtDepartmentofCellBiologyand Biochemistry,TexasTechUniversityHealthSciencesCenter,Lubbock,TX 79430
CommunicatedbyStephenHeinemann, TheSalkInstituteforBiologicalStudies,LaJola,CA,August2,1995
full article

I wonder if and when we change the patterns in that space of regeneration at the cellular level, the growth of new neurons in the brain are accelerated...due to those changing patterns?
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:19 am

tezorian wrote:Would this be the reason why most relationships have the turningpoint or end @ 7 years?

There is a sure chance it does affect that space..especially those neurons in the brain...increasing......new neurons might enhance ones ability to "see" things in "new light".......and get those legs moving to "walk" away...if it ends...The seven year itch might simply be the brains ploy to activate change for the next seven year cycle.....if its not growing any new neurons, it might recognise and send out a signal to step things up a bit......wow the brain is a master mind...and major manipulator...but I am left thinking, where does the mind come into this equation.. scratch
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by tezorian Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:57 am

The brain is just the CPU, the neurons would then be the hackers Smile
Or just the tools the soul needs to hack it. "hack"
tezorian
tezorian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:14 am

tezorian wrote:The brain is just the CPU, the neurons would then be the hackers Smile
Or just the tools the soul needs to hack it. "hack"

ok the way I see it now is that the soul is controlling the neurons....the neurons are suppoting both the brain and the soul but the soul is sneaky enough to let the brain believe its doing all the work.....and of course that now makes the soul the master mind and manipulator......ok brain you just got demoted... Very Happy oh did I hear someone with a "hacking" cough...thats a sure sign their is a problem with the throat chakra..oh hang on maybe its that invisible body I left on my massage table a few night back, that is still waiting for a pendulumn check over his chakras.....I should go check him out now....If you dont "MIND" Very Happy Another way to view life and our bodies 2839888827 Razz
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:41 am

From what I understand, the 'mind' is a composite concept of the bodies physical nature AND it's non-physical nature.

The physical nature manifests as the brain. It's a physical container for the non-physical elements of the mind of which Consciousness is the primary element. That element exists in the physical world, but is so transparent that many take it so for granted that it's not even recognized as existent. It sources though from the non-physical matter reality. This reality is not recognized at all presently in scientific orthodoxy. The only recognition it receives is in the metaphysical/philosophical domains of cultures.

The consciousness contains the EGO, will, intent and awareness, for a start.

The EGO contains emotions, but a specific subset related to physical existence. In other words when one's consciousness goes OOB ( which I think is better described as 'out of mind'), the consciousness has certain emotions, but these source at the Being level, which is what operates at the higher levels of the OOB experiences, which is the superset in this instance. For example, the emotion of LOVE (expressed unconditionally for All That IS)
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:40 pm

OK, my point got lost in musings of the nature of consciousness and mind, lol. Or perhaps not. Just by our belief that our bodies are not continuous, we may be able to change the pattern that is causing health difficulties, disability or other problems.

Blue Topaz, I don't agree with that artical about neurons being permanent and unchanging. There has been considerable evidence since 1995 that new neurons to develop to replace damaged ones, that the brain is in fact malliable; it's plasticity.

I do agree that our essential us is not our brains at all; that is pretty self evident to us all.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:30 pm

[quote="melodiccolor"]OK, my point got lost in musings of the nature of consciousness and mind, lol. Or perhaps not. Just by our belief that our bodies are not continuous, we may be able to change the pattern that is causing health difficulties, disability or other problems.
Blue Topaz, I don't agree with that artical about neurons being permanent and unchanging. There has been considerable evidence since 1995 that new neurons to develop to replace damaged ones, that the brain is in fact malliable; it's plasticity.

I do agree that our essential us is not our brains at all; that is pretty self evident to us all.[/quote

Yesum! thumbsup

Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:35 pm

Alethia wrote:
melodiccolor wrote:OK, my point got lost in musings of the nature of consciousness and mind, lol. Or perhaps not. Just by our belief that our bodies are not continuous, we may be able to change the pattern that is causing health difficulties, disability or other problems.

I do agree that our essential us is not our brains at all; that is pretty self evident to us all.

Yesum! thumbsup

melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:48 am

There has been considerable evidence since 1995 that new neurons to develop to replace damaged ones, that the brain is in fact malliable

that's exactly what the article was saying. However it is the exception, not the rule. (Actually not an article but a paper in a peer reviewed journal-- a little more reliable than an article, but not absolute truth or accuracy by any means Very Happy )
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:13 am

MC wrote:OK, my point got lost in musings of the nature of consciousness and mind, lol.

I should have addressed that to Alethia, to be more clear.

Or perhaps not. Just by our belief that our bodies are not continuous, we may be able to change the pattern that is causing health difficulties, disability or other problems

As you note, an early step in changing a pattern is to address the belief.

If one constructs the belief of the non-continuous nature of the body in the form of a hypothesis, it will allow one to perform experiments. This allows one to acquire actual data from the hypothesis and either confirm the new belief or not confirm it. (To get an actual denial of the belief, it's a matter of rinse and repeat the above hypothesis methodology.)

This allows belief to be converted into knowledge.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:10 pm

RBM wrote:
MC wrote:OK, my point got lost in musings of the nature of consciousness and mind, lol.

Or perhaps not. Just by our belief that our bodies are not continuous, we may be able to change the pattern that is causing health difficulties, disability or other problems

If one constructs the belief of the non-continuous nature of the body in the form of a hypothesis, it will allow one to perform experiments. This allows one to acquire actual data from the hypothesis and either confirm the new belief or not confirm it. (To get an actual denial of the belief, it's a matter of rinse and repeat the above hypothesis methodology.)

So true; I totally agree. But I would take it a bit further and say it converts to a new reality....true durable change.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:25 pm

melodiccolor wrote:
RBM wrote:

So true; I totally agree. But I would take it a bit further and say it converts to a new reality....true durable change.

Yup, intellectually self-evident, to me :-) Working on getting my 'Being' at that level is the real challenge, for me :-)
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:21 pm

RBM wrote:
melodiccolor wrote:
RBM wrote:

Yup, intellectually self-evident, to me :-) Working on getting my 'Being' at that level is the real challenge, for me :-)

It is for us all....but well worth the work involved getting there.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down