The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New here, have a question for y'all

+5
Nucky
Reamsie
RBM
melodiccolor
pook
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New here, have a question for y'all - Page 2 Empty Re: New here, have a question for y'all

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:41 pm

I did bring the run.........and moving as fast as I can here...........but.......alas...no rum did I bring
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

New here, have a question for y'all - Page 2 Empty Re: New here, have a question for y'all

Post by pook Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:45 pm

i just love these two forums, tho i think i drove stirky crazy asking for reiki... i think i'm going to learn reiki when i have the money for a course... you guys think reiki is good for an HSP to play with?
pook
pook

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:04 pm

Oh yes, healing energy is always good to learn and play with. Reiki is one way to learn how.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pook Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:06 pm

thank you... i bought a book on it, but i'm being very lazy about reading it.... i'm making a board on crystals in pinterest instead lol
pook
pook

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:45 pm

I find nothing can protect you as well as actually tackling the fear or facing the issues causing whatever it is to effect you negatively.

Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by pook Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:17 pm

well the anxiety disorder has been tackled for now, but if i go in the city, or in a stressful situation, then not so much

but i feel good at home, which is more than i could ever think to ask for in the last dozen years or so
pook
pook

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:04 pm

objects and charms and stuff can help you cope with the fear so you can face it, but sounds like classic HSP overwhelm in high energy traffic places lol.
If you can go in short bursts continuously like every few days or so becomes more routine and the freak out factor isn't as bad.
Just have to take little steps instead of huge ones for the whole day or something.
Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by pook Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:07 pm

objects and charms and stuff? i use nature... and yes i do go out shopping and for coffee and stuff, most every day, but i'm not moving back into the city, i get sooooooooooooooooooooooo sick
pook
pook

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:12 pm

yeah some people use things like colors or items that make them fee comfortable, nature works too unless you're in a super huge concrete jungle. I love National Parks in the US just not a bunch of them near where I live. I've seen HSP use music too.
Depends on the person, my cat helps me lol but he's not around so I have to deal with stuff differently.
I will wear my earbuds and use my ipod for long trips into the city or places I get overwhelmed, it helps me tune out stuff that is too much and just have a more enjoyable experience.

Yeah pollution and crap in the city is yucky, alas I'm stuck in cities most that time rofl.
Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by pook Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:15 pm

i think the prob is that i'm an INFJ and i pick up on allllllll bad mojo.... and the city, makes me physically sick and the people there, well i don't know if they are all insane haha, but they make me feel like breaking out in sobs or screaming after 2 days in the city....

pook
pook

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:49 pm

XD I'm INFJ too you know
LAWL
And I pick up on good and bad and neutral "mojo" o.o
Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by pook Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:51 pm

oh yes i noticed that after... i think you will find if you can get the heck out of dodge you will feel MUCH better.... i mean i'm a city girl, i knew as a child that i sooooo badly wanted to be on my uncle's farm... but later on gave up... but now that i moved out of the city, my health is like a thousand times better
pook
pook

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:56 pm

lol well I'm in the country right now visiting a friend from dimension. I love both country and city. I get tired of either of them if I'm in them without going back and forth every couple months or so though. I need that balance lol because there's good things and annoying things about both of them.
Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by pook Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:58 pm

well i live on the outskirts, in an RV park, i'm just a few minutes away from starbucks and all the shopping i want, so really i have the best of both worlds
pook
pook

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:04 pm

XD Yeah that's nice if you can get that balance easily, see.

Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by pook Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:05 pm

yes i'm quite blessed to live where i live, except i don't have enuff money for it haha
pook
pook

Back to top Go down

Post by anarkandi Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:09 pm

I really love the word mojo. I'm gonna show you guys my favourite juice bar.
New here, have a question for y'all - Page 2 734577_10151419463847752_951735057_n

(A few months back we were all talkin about a cult-like group discussin mojo's and stuff. Now they've opened a juicebar in sweden.)
anarkandi
anarkandi

Back to top Go down

Post by pook Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 pm

a cult juice bar named mojo.... i dig it baby yeah lol
pook
pook

Back to top Go down

Post by anarkandi Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:37 pm

pook wrote:a cult juice bar named mojo.... i dig it baby yeah lol

yeah baby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEuw2mgLRuQ

;D
anarkandi
anarkandi

Back to top Go down

Post by pook Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:30 pm

haha, that made me laugh, i love austin powers

ok, i'm in the city because i caught a baaaad case of the flu and had to come here so hubby could take care of me, i feel sicker here tho and can't go back until friday...

any suggestions for crystals or anything to filter this 'bad mojo'?
pook
pook

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:48 pm

The two antiviral treatments I've heard about are goldenseal herb pills and kyolic garlic pills. I've tried the latter and was pretty impressed with it. There's a thread on dealing with colds that works with general viruses and more information on both the kyolic garlic, including how to take it when ill, and on other remedies.

http://funhsps.niceboard.org/t2703-new-info-on-colds#54240
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pook Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:36 am

thanks so much, got hubby to make me some super garlicy soup....

also put back on my black obsidian, supposed to be good for viruses
pook
pook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2