The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New here, have a question for y'all

+5
Nucky
Reamsie
RBM
melodiccolor
pook
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New here, have a question for y'all Empty New here, have a question for y'all

Post by pook Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:04 pm

Hello! this seems like a cheery place!

I found out not long ago that i'm an off the charts HSP, it's relieving to know why i'm so weird and sick and stuff, but also, hard to deal with in alot of ways, because i don't know what to DO about it

i was on another HSP support group, but kept inadvertently hurting people's feelings! i know i'm socially inept, but i don't want to hurt people AT ALL, it hurts me more i think, to hurt somebody else... so i left the board

anyway, my question is... how do you guys protect yourself 'spiritually' or 'energetically' whatever your preference is to call such things

last night i was falling asleep and felt my body jerk awake as 'something' entered my solar plexus, this is the kind of poo i have to put up with, and i've got alot of protective crystals and have ordered more, and i have a salt lamp

but do you guys know anyway to protect yourself? i'm a Christian, and doooooo pray about it, but still....

also, i live out in the country, because i have to, the city makes me insane and sick, but my husband works in the city and we only see each other on weekends

do you have any suggestions for how to survive in the city?

thanks so much, and it's great to meet you all

cheers! flower
pook
pook

Back to top Go down

New here, have a question for y'all Empty Re: New here, have a question for y'all

Post by melodiccolor Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:58 pm

Welcome Fook! I'm not sure how to advice you on some of this, but have a look around, there is so much wisdom posted over time here and you'll find some of it quite helpful.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

New here, have a question for y'all Empty Re: New here, have a question for y'all

Post by RBM Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:22 pm

Are you familiar with Out Of Body Experiences ?

The body sensations you mention are frequently felt by those attempting an OOB. To clarify, it's not something entering your body in such cases, it's something leaving your body.

My approach to 'protection' is to deal with it at the root causes level. What I mean is, what is the FEAR that elicits from you the need for protection ?

Regarding 'sickness' in general, sometimes random circumstances put us in a position that this sort of thing can happen.

Else, from what you mention regarding your crystals, and prayer it's quite likely you are creating dis-ease in your own body in the form of stress. Even modern medical science has finally recognized the implications of stress to human health.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:21 pm

Welcome Pook. Mel's right there is a lot of great information and articles already posted here that will help you out. Everyone is a little bit different so there is no "absolute" that works for everyone as far as protecting yourself from too much stimulation or being overwhelmed. I personally need a lot of quiet downtime and I have to make sure I get plenty of sleep especially when I know I'm going to be going into a very overwhelming environment. I hope you like it here. Very Happy

Oh and help yourself to some donuts!
New here, have a question for y'all Donuts
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by pook Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:41 pm

Hi you guys... oh my life is one BIG STRESS, i was an abused child and have baaaad PTSD, so yeah

what is the fear? i was raised catholic, nuff said? maybe not, but it's fear of supernatural evil

even though i'm not sure i even believe in supernatural evil, my subconscious does i guess...

thanks for the donuts lol
pook
pook

Back to top Go down

Post by pook Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:24 pm

by the way, the crystal stuff i use, i got them because i'm really sensitive to EMF... sea salt and black tourmaline are what i use... but yeah, got a deep seated fear of 'bad energy'... don't you guys pick up bad energy? don't people drain you like nuts?

i've gotten rid of most of the people in my life because of that, because i get so overstimulated then sick and tired... but now i'm lonely, so who knows which is worse?
pook
pook

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:22 am

Hello and welcome Pook!
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:30 am

Hi Pook,

We can help you with the HSP stuff and some of the empathic stuff. But what you are looking for, specific protections against some of the spiritual darker forces, I know of a couple of boards where they can give you all kinds of guidance and information.

Spiritual Forum http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php is the larger of the two and has subforums that are just about that.

Also much expertise can be found at this charming smaller forum: http://www.2012thestream.com/ Consciousness in Motion.

In any case, you are welcome here, so put your feet up, make yourself at home and get to know the place! mrgreen

To help you start exploring here, the links in this thread are full of information: http://funhsps.niceboard.org/t2267-discussions-on-what-highly-sensitive-people-are-all-about

More current links were posted later, so be sure to scroll down for it all.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pook Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:27 am

hey thanks so much, i joined the smaller charming one, looks like tons of fun, i love conspiracy theories and general craziness haha, it suits me well Smile
pook
pook

Back to top Go down

Post by pook Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:20 am

you know... you were talking about stress, and for me, stress has always been a big problem, but i think that it was a bit of a message to hear it here tonight...

i'll tell you a little story, not to sound like an idiot, but to give the background... when i was young, i was in university, mostly for physics, which was my passion, but told my parents it was 'pre-med'... anyway, i had nooooo idea, mostly because i was young, that there was perhaps things my big brain couldn't do haha... anyway, i took too many courses at once and overloaded myself, but the problem is, i didn't realize it until it was too late... the stress was so huge that it didn't/couldn't even register in my conscious mind.. but it sure as heck registered in my body, and i ended up having a TON of mini strokes, which wiped out most of my education thus far, and a good deal of my IQ

so i'm telling that story, because i feel the same way in my body and mind right now... my marriage is in big trouble and i'm living apart from my husband and i'm disabled and can't take care of myself, really the stress is huge, too huge...

and i realized that i can't think lately, and i didn't know why, until it hit me tonight, that before or during all the strokes when i was young, i had this same feeling in my head, a slight inner ache and fuzziness, and the inability to think about the things i needed to think about.... and i think i may be under so much stress right now that i'm about to blow another gasket, or am in the process of blowing a gasket as i speak...

suggestions? gosh what a weird intro i have made for myself on this group haha
pook
pook

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:26 am

First, see a doctor immediately, you may be having another stroke.

As for destressing, we have some great threads around for meditation techniques and grounding exercises. Also google ways to lower blood pressure from stress without medications. I know hot baths and showers work, as well as meditation, biofeedback and more.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pook Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:35 am

yes i was thinking i will definitely go see my doctor tomorrow... it's a good thing i found this group as the stress message put it all together for me, yesterday night i was laying on the couch and i ACTUALLY felt a tiny weird thing in my head, i know you're not supposed to feel strokes, but i noticed a strange feeling, and it was strange enuff and localized that i really did stop and wonder about it...

i can't meditate, i'm too stressed lol... i will go look for grounding exercises.... and i'm going to take a hot shower right now, i think it will help too, showers always do help me, sometimes i have 3 a day, on a bad day.... and i don't know what biofeedback is... but thanks so much for your helpful response xoxoxoxox
pook
pook

Back to top Go down

Post by pook Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:50 am

i had yet to take my nightly shower, so i found a surprise went i went to loofah my left shoulder it hurt like i had been badly punched there or something, i look at it and it's all red... very strange happenings...

thank you RBM for your rather prophetic message to me, i'm so glad you are here

i did a search for 'grounding exercise' on this forum, nothing came up... will go to google
pook
pook

Back to top Go down

Post by pook Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:53 pm

i love that charming forum Smile people are so friendly... i asked about a crystal for the stress, and they suggested amethyst, so i just got back from buying some

and by the way i found a fun grounding exercise and did it last night, actually did feel better Smile

i'm not sure i'm going to go see my doctor today, since they can't do anything about it anyway... and i KNOW that he would just think i was insane about the way i deduced what was wrong, and wouldn't even hook me up to a machine...

i'm going to talk to my therapist today about it all, and see how things go
pook
pook

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:22 pm

Pook wrote:what is the fear? i was raised catholic, nuff said? maybe not, but it's fear of supernatural evil

Ahh, yes that can do it.

My last relationship with a widow of 20 something years and 10 years my elder was also raised Catholic. She was a self-professed Recovering Catholic. When her husband died in the 70's she started reading Tarot to make ends meet as she had two boys and a new house to pay bills on. I met her at a conference of the sort with Tarot readers and crystal sellers.

Good luck with finding a doctor who can diagnose stress symptoms. They can be hard to find.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by pook Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:50 pm

Hi RBM... i actually have a pretty good doctor, but there's really not much that can be done for strokes, they just sent me home after telling me i was having mini strokes last time...

but i might go see him this afternoon anyway, just to see if my blood pressure is high, even tho it's usually low

i don't 'get' tarot cards, i tried them, but i had no talent for them.. i did have a talent for a pendulum, but now i think that's kinda screwed up for some reason... maybe coz i'm a Christian haha... don't worry, i'm a universalist, not a 'regular hellfire' Christian, i just love Jesus

i'm feeling much better, taking alot of showers and those crystals are actually helping, and i'll be getting more stress crystals next week

recovering catholic, hell yeah, it can take forever to recover from that stuff...
pook
pook

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:09 am

pook wrote:Hi RBM... i actually have a pretty good doctor, but there's really not much that can be done for strokes, they just sent me home after telling me i was having mini strokes last time.

That's been found to be not true about the brain and strokes. Do some online research on neuroplasticity to start with.

Then you might be interested in Joe Dispnza's work.

I like his Three Brains - Thinking to Doing to Being that shows how to reprogram your brain.

RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:51 am

pook wrote:

recovering catholic, hell yeah, it can take forever to recover from that stuff...
Ha, I like you pook. I'm in the same club. Welcome BTW.

I'm not a Christian, but I love Jesus and his story too. I watched a good movie the other night... Joshua. It made me cry. I just don't believe all the Son of God stuff, except that we are all children of God/the Universe.

I've always felt the Tarot was spirit speaking through our filters... using humanity's particular arch-types.
I stay away from Ouija boards or other spirit 'tells'. That's making yourself a doorway to anything.

Hope you can find a way to de-stress that works well for you. I'm always looking for that myself.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by pook Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:19 am

hi you guys, i feel better, i asked on the other board for crystals and i'm taking alot of hot showers....

i watched that 3 brains vid, not sure how it applies, but i was watching it in bed lol

hi Blue Topaz... Jesus is God... there's no reason to give a crap about Him otherwise haha... 'in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, and the Word became flesh....' etc...

i don't care about other religions coz they are usually just some guy, with a couple good ideas, and yeah, i couldn't care less... but God.. i care ALOT about Him lol

but i don't like talking about religion OR politics lol...

oh btw, my blood pressure is normal, but my pulse rate is high

cheers y'all
pook
pook

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:44 am

Glad the crystals worked Pook...that nami knows her stuff..lol!! Smile
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by pook Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:23 am

haha, you were watching the convo? i didn't think... same user name in both forums... it's an old user name of mine... yes she was totally right about the amythest!!
pook
pook

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:46 am

Glad you are feeling better Pook. Very Happy
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:23 pm

pool wrote:
i watched that 3 brains vid, not sure how it applies, but i was watching it in bed lol

Oh well. I guess that is why your are where you are. Maybe sometime you will get it.

Nice to hear you are feeling better.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:11 pm

pook wrote:haha, you were watching the convo? i didn't think... same user name in both forums... it's an old user name of mine... yes she was totally right about the amythest!!

I am her..lol!!
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:36 pm

Alethia wrote:
pook wrote:haha, you were watching the convo? i didn't think... same user name in both forums... it's an old user name of mine... yes she was totally right about the amythest!!

I am her..lol!!
The boards we share information on tend to be boards we're members of too...small world isn't it? big grin
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pook Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:51 pm

haha oh you are her!! well you're both very clever Smile

and RBM what was THAT? 'i guess that's where you are where you are'... are you implying i'm some sort of imbecile? i just meant that i fell asleep while watching it, maybe YOU didn't 'get it'

anyway, i may be an imbecile, we don't know yet, waiting for the lab tests to come back Smile you have to pee on somebody's chat avatar and if it changes colour one of you is an imbecile... not a perfect test, but narrows it down Razz

gosh i'm soooo lonely tonight, and i don't know what to do with myself... did i mention that my husband lives in the city and i'm 'out here' coz of being an HSP... the city makes me very ill... but i'm considering going back anyway, coz which is worse?
pook
pook

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:12 pm

and RBM what was THAT? 'i guess that's where you are where you are'... are you implying i'm some sort of imbecile? i just meant that i fell asleep while watching it, maybe YOU didn't 'get it'

Hahaha, speaking of falling asleep, I was posted dong that when meditating in the Gluten free thread.

Just read it at face value, it was in no way meant about you being an 'imbecile' or any such thing. We are in the physical existence to learn, all of us, as this physical existence is a 'learning lab'. We all have different things to learn, is all.

At least you were in bed, when you fell asleep, I do that in my living room recliner :-)
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by pook Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:21 pm

oh me being a complete imbecile wasn't face value? i may be a bit sensitive hahaha....

i've been sleeping alot lately, it's been kind of nice, but wake up a bit tired

fell asleep watching this marathon on the illuminati

that was fun to wake up to tidbits of lol
pook
pook

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:15 pm

melodiccolor wrote:Hi Pook,

We can help you with the HSP stuff and some of the empathic stuff. But what you are looking for, specific protections against some of the spiritual darker forces, I know of a couple of boards where they can give you all kinds of guidance and information.

Spiritual Forum http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php is the larger of the two and has subforums that are just about that.

Also much expertise can be found at this charming smaller forum: http://www.2012thestream.com/ Consciousness in Motion.

In any case, you are welcome here, so put your feet up, make yourself at home and get to know the place! mrgreen

To help you start exploring here, the links in this thread are full of information: http://funhsps.niceboard.org/t2267-discussions-on-what-highly-sensitive-people-are-all-about

Why thank you ma'am for the linky there.....even though it is not mine it says a lot about your character............so.....whos got the rum?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Captain Jack Sparrow wrote:
melodiccolor wrote:Hi Pook,

Why thank you ma'am for the linky there.....even though it is not mine it says a lot about your character............so.....whos got the rum?

You're welcome...and weren't you supposed to bring the rum?

Last edited by melodiccolor on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next