The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HSPs between the age 25 and 30?

+2
melodiccolor
rice4breakfast
6 posters

Go down

HSPs between the age 25 and 30? Empty HSPs between the age 25 and 30?

Post by rice4breakfast Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:25 pm

Hello HSPs Smile

I have an interest in making some HSP friends within the same age group as myself. Though I love reading about HSPs of all ages, I think it's a natural inclination to seek out friends close to our age...and it can be a little lonely if you are unable to do so. Please write back if you fall into the category mentioned above. I live in South East Asia but I'm originally from Canada. I'd love to find out if some of you are closer to me than I realize but if not, penpals are great too!

Cheers!
rice4breakfast
rice4breakfast

Back to top Go down

HSPs between the age 25 and 30? Empty Re: HSPs between the age 25 and 30?

Post by melodiccolor Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:43 pm

It might be best if you get to know people on the board first as they will be giving you their personal information in order to be a pen pal.

If you are truly interested, join some of our chats, participate in threads and let friendships form as they may.

Many close friendships have formed on our board.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rice4breakfast Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:09 pm

Thanks for the advice. Just to be clear: I wasn't suggesting we become penpals immediately! Just thought I'd open a discussion for those of this age (more directly), get to know one another and then allow friendships to develop independently from there, just as it has in the other threads.

Very Happy
rice4breakfast
rice4breakfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Samt03 Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:00 am

I fall into that bracket.

I've honestly found age on here really doesn't matter. I keep forgetting anyone's older or younger then me, everyone just kinda is if you get what I'm saying. Then again I've almost always been around people older then me so yeah...
Samt03
Samt03

https://www.amazon.com/author/showndraridge

Back to top Go down

Post by rice4breakfast Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:18 am

Cool. Wheareabouts are you Havonej?

Oh I don't think it matters either! As I said above, I do love reading about HSPs of all ages. Actually, my favourite HSP is in her 50s. And I enjoy exchanging messages with HSP bloggers old and young too!

I made this thread about this age as means of networking in a different way because it's something of interest me, just like those who might have an interest in say gardening tips or touching videos. If it's not an interest to you, no big deal. Smile
rice4breakfast
rice4breakfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Samt03 Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:25 am

I'm in the US.

I think there area bunch in our age around now. Very Happy You got lucky, there weren't that many active when I first started here.
Samt03
Samt03

https://www.amazon.com/author/showndraridge

Back to top Go down

Post by anarkandi Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:04 am

I'm too young. ^^
anarkandi
anarkandi

Back to top Go down

Post by rice4breakfast Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:22 am

Yay--that's good news Havonej! I often wonder if there are more out there than what it feels like...!

Anarkandi. Are you in Asia? Koreans often do the ^^. Smile
rice4breakfast
rice4breakfast

Back to top Go down

Post by anarkandi Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:06 pm

I stole it from them. My favourite emoticon. Swedish.
anarkandi
anarkandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:59 pm

anarkandi wrote:I stole it from them. My favourite emoticon. Swedish.

You thief.....^_^ Very Happy

Welcome streise..by the way... Very Happy
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by rice4breakfast Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:13 am

Thanks you Alethia! You've posted a lot of cool things on this site. I've spent the past hour scouring through some of them.

By the way, has anyone discussed anything about ASMR? Based on what I've learned in the past few months, I'd be surprised to hear if other HSPs haven't experienced it. Seems like the two would be interlinked somehow.
rice4breakfast
rice4breakfast

Back to top Go down

Post by anarkandi Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:12 am

Hmm. I can't tell if I've experienced or not. Watching some ASMR-Inducing videos I did feel great. I appreciate all kinds of arts, watching people do thigns slowly, listening to music constantly, so I do derive quite some pleasure from it. I also get shivers and feel really great in my head, so some euphoria, kind of. HSPs have a greater appreciation of arts in general. We do get and feel sensations stronger. So there might be.

Hard to know how it feels like or should feel like.
anarkandi
anarkandi

Back to top Go down

Post by rice4breakfast Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:23 am

I see. It sounds like you might be experiencing it! I think as HSPs, we are at our happiest while experiencing something moving, lyrical or aesthetically beautiful. However it was the "watching people do things slowly" that stood out in your response to me. May I ask what things you mean?

I ask I'm also become deeply relaxed/euphoric watching or hearing people do some of the most mundane things, like cleaning... tapping and crinkling certain objects. So far the only other HSP I've talked to about it can't relate...and yet I know an extroverted person who can! So it might be random... but I can't help feeling like more HSPs have it than non.
rice4breakfast
rice4breakfast

Back to top Go down

Post by tezorian Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:58 am

Every experience is personal and, often, also depends on how one feels at the time. I've once been almost hypnotized by a video of someone just tapping on a table. It was so rhythmic and soothing at the time. At another time, i just couldn't watch it longer than a couple of seconds. The magic that i experienced at first was "gone".
tezorian
tezorian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by anarkandi Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:15 pm

streise wrote:I see. It sounds like you might be experiencing it! I think as HSPs, we are at our happiest while experiencing something moving, lyrical or aesthetically beautiful. However it was the "watching people do things slowly" that stood out in your response to me. May I ask what things you mean?

I ask I'm also become deeply relaxed/euphoric watching or hearing people do some of the most mundane things, like cleaning... tapping and crinkling certain objects. So far the only other HSP I've talked to about it can't relate...and yet I know an extroverted person who can! So it might be random... but I can't help feeling like more HSPs have it than non.

For example, watching someone draw something. I think I'm able to get the feeling just by breathing, too. Or hearing someone read something to me. I watch rainymood.com alot of times, just hearing the rain fall, feels really awesome, I could watch it for hours.
anarkandi
anarkandi

Back to top Go down

Post by rice4breakfast Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:46 pm

tezorian -- yes, I think you're right, it must depend on our moods and other factors because I can go months without feeling it and all the sudden it's there, out of nowhere. I don't know how to do it on command or pro-long it when I'm out and about, but it does seem to last awhile while watching one of the youtube videos like this one: http://tinyurl.com/7drw7mu

and anarkandi, that's exactly what it is--very gentle sounds seem to bring it about, like rain, whispers, or the scratch of pencil against a pad. I didn't start admitting to it until this year because it's so bizzare. Neutral
rice4breakfast
rice4breakfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down