The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A turning point in current history...Laden's demise

5 posters

Go down

A turning point in current history...Laden's demise Empty A turning point in current history...Laden's demise

Post by melodiccolor Mon May 02, 2011 12:10 am

Even though the full story will never be known...officially it has been stated that Osama Bin Laden was killed by a special op's team in Pakistan today in a gun battle. Thoughts?
http://news.yahoo.com/video/world-15749633/president-obama-confirms-osama-bin-laden-s-death-25084937

I expect economic conditions to get worse in the short run due to uncertainty of retaliation....gas prices and food prices are about to get much higher. But I am glad a major source of financing of extremism is gone...a leader of it is dead. We shall see what comes of this. It is sad that hatred lives on...

Last edited by melodiccolor on Mon May 02, 2011 2:53 am; edited 2 times in total
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

A turning point in current history...Laden's demise Empty Re: A turning point in current history...Laden's demise

Post by Nucky Mon May 02, 2011 12:15 am

I've never been so happy about someone's death. Finally some justice for those killed in his attacks and their families.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

A turning point in current history...Laden's demise Empty Re: A turning point in current history...Laden's demise

Post by melodiccolor Mon May 02, 2011 3:33 pm

melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyNan Mon May 02, 2011 7:46 pm

I guess I feel rather ambivalent about it. I mean, I'm glad that his karma finally caught up with him and all. Or maybe it was forced karma. Hmm, gotta think about this more.
SimplyNan
SimplyNan

Back to top Go down

Post by orangeblossom Mon May 02, 2011 8:28 pm

Killing bin Laden obviously doesn't end terrorism. I'm betting we'll see more attacks against us, on our soil and elsewhere. I'm sure it brings a sense of closure to many people. For myself, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Someone will most likely take his place, but how that will impact the forward motion of Al Quada is yet to be seen. It's interesting that this happened soon after Kaddafi's son and grandchildren were killed.
orangeblossom
orangeblossom

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Tue May 03, 2011 4:09 pm

I'm starting to wonder why it's considered to be so inappropriate to show pictures confirming his killing, but there were no qualms about showing innocent people jumping to their deaths from burning buildings.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Tue May 03, 2011 4:51 pm

Nucky wrote:I'm starting to wonder why it's considered to be so inappropriate to show pictures confirming his killing, but there were no qualms about showing innocent people jumping to their deaths from burning buildings.
good point nucky not that i would want to see it! As 4 my own feelings its mixed but one has wonder if this is only activating a cycle all over again and this mans death ends only his own and the larger cycle of destruction is amplified, only time wil tell!
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Tue May 03, 2011 8:05 pm

Alethia wrote: good point nucky not that i would want to see it!

I wouldn't like to see it so much either, it's just the inconsistency that makes me wonder.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Tue May 03, 2011 9:10 pm

Nucky wrote:
Alethia wrote: good point nucky not that i would want to see it!

I wouldn't like to see it so much either, it's just the inconsistency that makes me wonder.
yeah you do have to wonder!
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down