The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our First Year History: From Nothing to HSP Dimension

3 posters

Go down

Our First Year History:  From Nothing to HSP Dimension Empty Our First Year History: From Nothing to HSP Dimension

Post by melodiccolor Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:58 pm

How Our Board Came To Be

There was a time of turmoil in our HSP forum community that began at a forum called AIMOO. In the fall of 2006, some of the members started branching out onto other forums and blogs that offered unique perspectives of the HSP trait. During this time, there was a growing concern among the AIMOO members that the HSP forum community was becoming somewhat fractured and not as cohesive as it once was. This trend continued until AIMOO’s collapse in November of 2007, when its host tried to upgrade without backing boards up or beta testing. The upgrade went horribly wrong, and the forum was damaged beyond repair.

A new board sprang up a few days later. Unbeknownst to many, the owner of the board was a troubled soul who would go on to create much havoc in the larger HSP community under many false personas. Within a couple of months, the new board started having problems, resulting in some bannings, while others left. Another board was formed, focusing on HSP’s and the creative process. It was there that a group of friends began to grow. Two more HSP boards came about, each with their own focus. The creative focus board was closed abruptly just over three months after it began, and the group moved to one of the other small boards temporarily. But it was a poor fit and Nucky took an idea for a board that Justin Passing and I had discussed with the idea of nurturing that group and signed up with our current host.

Justin and I were in no way ready to start a new board, so the original site was meant as a place for the group to develop the board. Nucky named it “The Nothing Forum.” It was opened on April 26, 2008.

Becoming a fully functioning site

Because we had started things so unexpectedly, I scrambled to let the former members of the creative HSP board know of The Nothing Forum. This created further conflict with troubled people of other boards. In spite of the drama, most of those members came trickling in during that first week and still more over the next few. A person largely unknown to us showed up too, even though no one knew about us except for those we notified. INFP that’s me remembered this person from a few years previously on AIMOO, so we accepted him and even accepted his help when he claimed he had experience running another forum, as we had none. But things began to feel off; Nucky became convinced of duplicity, so we kept a very close eye on him. The full story of all the drama this person caused as a false persona can be read in the subforum “As the HSP Turns”.

In the meantime, we began discussions about what we wanted in a board, everything from rules to what to call ourselves. There was much input and discussion. Before anything was decided, we discovered a need for the forum to be fully functioning right then. So Justin Passing started the “Bubble Bath” subforum, which we quickly began to fill with much creative mirth and fun, and a few days later, I set up several other subforums.

It took months to put the final board together. Heck, it took months just to decide on our name. We had 20 choices submitted by a few people, and a few polls to narrow them down. While we were doing that, a few more names were submitted. And then the membership rebelled and decided to not pick a name, but change the name every few months from the list. Admittedly, there were several good choices. However, I needed to be the voice of sanity and I pointed out that new members would never find us if we kept changing the name. Grudgingly, eventually, one name was picked, and The HSP Dimension was born.

At the same time, we were finishing up our guidelines and rules. The Constitution was finished, and it incorporated some radical ideas about running a board. They seem to be working so far, and they’ve been put to the test.

In June we officially changed our name, and announced our presence to the rest of the HSP community.

During this period, we did invite a few more people to join our group whom we felt would fit in. Some of those soon became very close members of the group. But, the person we were keeping an eye on had a goal of sowing discord and destroying Dimension.

Conflict and Becoming a Family

We began to realize how much like a family we were becoming. It was getting heady. But not all felt like they belonged, and a couple were there to undo what we were becoming. Tension built and fighting broke out. Some of those who wanted to do ill were exposed; others became more blatant in their efforts to cause unhappiness. We found out that the mysterious person who offered help that was most unhelpful was in fact a false persona, one of many of a person who had been causing strife across quite a few HSP boards. We exposed her and her games, but not before acrimony broke out between some of the other members. She was banned, others left, and we finally began to heal and regain the specialness that was developing.

Right in the middle of the worst of this conflict, we had our very first scheduled chat. It was magical, and demonstrated clearly what we had. Nucky came in about 4 hours into it and realized what was happening. He recorded and posted it. Others read it and returned and healing began. They also remembered several awesome capers we’d done, like the sombreroprise, the waaambulance, and the wonderful stories told.

This was the Beginning of the Development of Our Alternate Universe

From that first chat came the beginnings of a new culture, an alternate reality of sorts with its own special vocabulary. Ordinary words and phrases such as soup, wonkiness, “it’s just a step to the left”, the May Pole, and normal buttons took on whole new meanings. Other words were invented whole (or borrowed and adapted), like the sombreroprise, the waaambulance, wonkeyed crotch, gutter glitter, and Valloween. Normal buttons evolved into Abbe NORML buttons. Much of this happened in the chatbox; a good percentage of these chats were copied and posted. We created our own holidays, beginning with The Wonky Festivus, then Valloween, and currently our own The Nothing Birthday and Fertility Celebration.

In response to the conflict and helping it heal, we planned in an unscheduled chat the beginnings of a rl caper that Reamsie thought up and named “The Sisterhood/Brotherhood of the Traveling Sombero”, which continues to this day.
It was an eventful year: full of drama, family, closeness, love, creativity, and insanely wonky glorious fun! I can’t wait to see how our alternate universe grows next year, and I am looking forward to meeting the wonderful people who have yet to join our group! I invite everyone else to tell their stories of their adventures and experiences here at The HSP Dimension.

Last edited by melodiccolor on Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Our First Year History:  From Nothing to HSP Dimension Empty Re: Our First Year History: From Nothing to HSP Dimension

Post by Nucky Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:37 pm

I remember the exact moment I found conclusive proof of Logan's identity. INFP and I were playing with our usernames in the chatbox, changing them to all sorts of crazy names, we had lots of fun that night! I was kind of multitasking while we were doing this, taking a look at Logan's IP addresses.

Oh, and I like the videos in this thread. Smile

http://funhsps.niceboard.org/bubble-bath-f3/guy-trying-to-play-mario-video-t117.htm

Last edited by nuckinfutz on Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Our First Year History:  From Nothing to HSP Dimension Empty Re: Our First Year History: From Nothing to HSP Dimension

Post by Nucky Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:57 pm

Something that definitely needs to be mentioned:

We would really like to thank those members from OHH who have checked us out, helped get word out about us, and have worked with us to protect this forum from those who sought to destroy it. It wouldn't have been possible without you guys.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:55 pm

Last edited by nuckinfutz on Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:00 pm; edited 7 times in total
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyNan Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:32 pm

Just waiting for Saturday evening, saving it all up until then.
SimplyNan
SimplyNan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:12 pm

Our 4th anniversary is this Thursday! sombrero
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:03 pm

melodiccolor wrote:How Our Board Came To Be

There was a time of turmoil in our HSP forum community that began at a forum called AIMOO. In the fall of 2006, some of the members started branching out onto other forums and blogs that offered unique perspectives of the HSP trait. During this time, there was a growing concern among the AIMOO members that the HSP forum community was becoming somewhat fractured and not as cohesive as it once was. This trend continued until AIMOO’s collapse in November of 2007, when its host tried to upgrade without backing boards up or beta testing. The upgrade went horribly wrong, and the forum was damaged beyond repair.

A new board sprang up a few days later. Unbeknownst to many, the owner of the board was a troubled soul who would go on to create much havoc in the larger HSP community under many false personas. Within a couple of months, the new board started having problems, resulting in some bannings, while others left. Another board was formed, focusing on HSP’s and the creative process. It was there that a group of friends began to grow. Two more HSP boards came about, each with their own focus. The creative focus board was closed abruptly just over three months after it began, and the group moved to one of the other small boards temporarily. But it was a poor fit and Nucky took an idea for a board that Justin Passing and I had discussed with the idea of nurturing that group and signed up with our current host.

Justin and I were in no way ready to start a new board, so the original site was meant as a place for the group to develop the board. Nucky named it “The Nothing Forum.” It was opened on April 26, 2008.

Becoming a fully functioning site

Because we had started things so unexpectedly, I scrambled to let the former members of the creative HSP board know of The Nothing Forum. This created further conflict with troubled people of other boards. In spite of the drama, most of those members came trickling in during that first week and still more over the next few. A person largely unknown to us showed up too, even though no one knew about us except for those we notified. INFP that’s me remembered this person from a few years previously on AIMOO, so we accepted him and even accepted his help when he claimed he had experience running another forum, as we had none. But things began to feel off; Nucky became convinced of duplicity, so we kept a very close eye on him. The full story of all the drama this person caused as a false persona can be read in the subforum “As the HSP Turns”.

In the meantime, we began discussions about what we wanted in a board, everything from rules to what to call ourselves. There was much input and discussion. Before anything was decided, we discovered a need for the forum to be fully functioning right then. So Justin Passing started the “Bubble Bath” subforum, which we quickly began to fill with much creative mirth and fun, and a few days later, I set up several other subforums.

It took months to put the final board together. Heck, it took months just to decide on our name. We had 20 choices submitted by a few people, and a few polls to narrow them down. While we were doing that, a few more names were submitted. And then the membership rebelled and decided to not pick a name, but change the name every few months from the list. Admittedly, there were several good choices. However, I needed to be the voice of sanity and I pointed out that new members would never find us if we kept changing the name. Grudgingly, eventually, one name was picked, and The HSP Dimension was born.

At the same time, we were finishing up our guidelines and rules. The Constitution was finished, and it incorporated some radical ideas about running a board. They seem to be working so far, and they’ve been put to the test.

In June we officially changed our name, and announced our presence to the rest of the HSP community.

During this period, we did invite a few more people to join our group whom we felt would fit in. Some of those soon became very close members of the group. But, the person we were keeping an eye on had a goal of sowing discord and destroying Dimension.

Conflict and Becoming a Family

We began to realize how much like a family we were becoming. It was getting heady. But not all felt like they belonged, and a couple were there to undo what we were becoming. Tension built and fighting broke out. Some of those who wanted to do ill were exposed; others became more blatant in their efforts to cause unhappiness. We found out that the mysterious person who offered help that was most unhelpful was in fact a false persona, one of many of a person who had been causing strife across quite a few HSP boards. We exposed her and her games, but not before acrimony broke out between some of the other members. She was banned, others left, and we finally began to heal and regain the specialness that was developing.

Right in the middle of the worst of this conflict, we had our very first scheduled chat. It was magical, and demonstrated clearly what we had. Nucky came in about 4 hours into it and realized what was happening. He recorded and posted it. Others read it and returned and healing began. They also remembered several awesome capers we’d done, like the sombreroprise, the waaambulance, and the wonderful stories told.

This was the Beginning of the Development of Our Alternate Universe

From that first chat came the beginnings of a new culture, an alternate reality of sorts with its own special vocabulary. Ordinary words and phrases such as soup, wonkiness, “it’s just a step to the left”, the May Pole, and normal buttons took on whole new meanings. Other words were invented whole (or borrowed and adapted), like the sombreroprise, the waaambulance, wonkeyed crotch, gutter glitter, and Valloween. Normal buttons evolved into Abbe NORML buttons. Much of this happened in the chatbox; a good percentage of these chats were copied and posted. We created our own holidays, beginning with The Wonky Festivus, then Valloween, and currently our own The Nothing Birthday and Fertility Celebration.

In response to the conflict and helping it heal, we planned in an unscheduled chat the beginnings of a rl caper that Reamsie thought up and named “The Sisterhood/Brotherhood of the Traveling Sombero”, which continues to this day.
It was an eventful year: full of drama, family, closeness, love, creativity, and insanely wonky glorious fun! I can’t wait to see how our alternate universe grows next year, and I am looking forward to meeting the wonderful people who have yet to join our group! I invite everyone else to tell their stories of their adventures and experiences here at The HSP Dimension.

This is what the above text looks like after being sent through every one of the 66 languages in Google Translate; a game of telephone of sorts being sent around the world. It shrunk quite a bit in the process:

System

By 2006 taimo other factors can cause confusion, HSP taimo taimo was born in October 2007 went to appeal. It can be changed.

After the riots, and soul table for two days under a new name. Celtics Coach other aspects of the new regulations. A current management status and other soil organisms MA disadvantage by high temperatures occur.

Center for feature phones start concentrating on April 16, 2008.

Free fully functional.

If you want to know. Some buildings. TV show, but I do not know, but the factory environment nakia taimo INF "vyevers" can not all be expressed.

At the same time, we can talk about the law. History and much more.

War, but a good choice after months of 20 a. But she changed her name. But the books in the name of a new member. I chose that name.

Groups in this section.

In June this year, and we need to get the system.

And anyone can join. But the group size. However, issues of war and natural disasters, car

Trouble

We have to start thinking about the needs of families. This is not true. Hi all, I want to try printing. It is no secret to those who are different. How to make the mistakes of products and systems can be used to solve.

For the first case, then you are old Jeremiah. In addition, both internally and externally, and I'm happy, vaaambulanse use and to clean.

But then the world.

Indeed, the first Coach of the Year or vaaambulanse abbeville vallova Terms of Service (or object) that are not currently vonkeyed "real." NCAA and opened the window in the classroom is a good example, and feel the vallova vibrations.

Rolls - tour / dark days of treatment, and the treatment of wounds and build their own expense. "
Love, joy, creativity and Turkey in the Navy. The number of years needed to grow as a team! Revriting .......
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down