The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well, maybe some people find Christianity offensive.

+4
Reamsie
BlueTopaz
edie
Nucky
8 posters

Go down

Well, maybe some people find Christianity offensive. Empty Well, maybe some people find Christianity offensive.

Post by Nucky Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:05 am

Or at least these (link) kinds of Christians.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Well, maybe some people find Christianity offensive. Empty Re: Well, maybe some people find Christianity offensive.

Post by edie Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:55 am

omg he did just say the most unthoughtfull and injustifiable,uninteligent thing i have ever heard!!

"Personally, I think it's offensive to worship rocks and trees," Halferty said of Wicca, a religion based on ancient beliefs and a reverence for the Earth. "I am just trying to be moral. I don't know how we can profess to be Christians and let this go on."

so what, sence when logicly, not religiously, worsiping the earth a bad thing!!!
and dubble standard saying be christians and let it go on, der da der judge not for ye be judged. roflol

and..
"It's sort of like, what if I had a biology teacher who does not want to teach evolution?" Thomas said. "If a teacher doesn't do the job to which they are assigned, they are insubordinate." Thomas said if Halferty refuses to go back into the classroom, it will be up to the superintendent to decide what to do next."
this actually did happen somewhere else
i cant seem to find the article it was on yahoo new a few months ago. a teacher refused to teach evolution something about did not beleave in it. and it was desputed because school is not about belef it is based on facts and evolution is based on a scientific therory of darwin. maybe some one knows what im talking about and finds the article lol. may have been he wanted to teach creatisum????? instead of darwin by caricular requariments
edie

Back to top Go down

Well, maybe some people find Christianity offensive. Empty Re: Well, maybe some people find Christianity offensive.

Post by BlueTopaz Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:33 am

Oh boy, when I get time I want to watch that.
I was rejected by a Christian school (to teach Biology) because I said that I had a degree in Biology and that included evolution.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:55 am

I agree that the teacher's comments probably came across as offensive to some, but personally I think they are just sad and embarrasing. This is why when you don't know what you're talking about, you should just keep your mouth shut and opt for the old "No Comment."

However we should all keep in mind that this is why public school and religion should remain seperate. Period. For the kids and the teachers. You can't have it both ways. This kid should not have been working on this particular project at school. I would feel the same if it had been a cross, a menorah or a stand to keep his Book of Mormon on. Practice your religion on your own time.
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:07 pm

Yes, that teacher will never get that it is ok to express one's beliefs as long as they don't impose them on another, denying them the freedom to express theirs. He crossed the line in imposing his beliefs over that of the student's. It was perhaps not the best venue in which to practice wicca but that was the judgement of the student who didn't impose his beliefs on others.

What the teacher's believes is sad, but it is his right to believe as he wishes as long as he does't impose them on others. I always did find it appalling that some regard the earth as there for them to use as they see fit regardless of the damage done.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by edie Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:39 pm

I agree that the teacher's comments probably came across as offensive to some, but personally I think they are just sad and embarrasing. This is why when you don't know what you're talking about, you should just keep your mouth shut and opt for the old "No Comment."
i agree being got cought in the public eye that would have been the best.
and is a good reason to keep the both seprate. he would have had a good point if that was the case and wouldnt have had any problems stoping the kids work project. but....such was not and he was more concerned of enforcing his belef. unstead of just the rules "school and religion seprate"
theses such topics create such havic, if only people could be accepting and understanding*shake head* whould have been just as easy to say sorry son this is against the rules and this is why. i bet the kid would have understood and may have chossen a diff project. people forget to just talk to one another.
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:18 pm

I was going to post this in a new thread, like the controversial thread, but it fits well here

Found the following thread over at MBT. It is by a well-known (not to me) shamanic teachers.

The article An Encounter With a Jinn (Genie) In Egypt

Let me say in advance that this dialogue did not occur in English nor in Arabic but rather in the non-verbal communication modality that I conceive of as ‘think-feeling.’ My job, as always, is to translate and reconstruct the entirety of the contact after the fact from blocks of information that I can recall and transcribe into written notes.

The following excerpt relate directly to the thread.

HW: Who or what is Yahweh-Jehovah-Allah?

J: He is the arch deceiver. You might call him the lord archon after the terminology of the Gnostikoi.

(I thought about this for several moments, then…)

HW: Who and what is the lord archon?

J: He is the arch mind parasite who has been serving as humanity’s adversary and who has been operating against humans from his beginnings.

(I digested this for more long moments. From my readings I would learn that this insight is in alignment with information recorded by the Gnostics in the Nag Hammadi Library found in the desert near Dendara in Egypt—scrolls that date from the 4th Century.)

HW: You mean that he is not the creator as so many humans believe and claim?

J: Yes. The arch deceiver cannot create anything although he claims that he can. He is an archon. He can only mimic.

HW: Why is he so powerful and why have all three of the Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) revered him?

J: They were all of them deceived by the lord archon. He is the arch deceiver and he derives his power from those he has deceived—from those who believe that he is the creator… that he is the Originator. But he is not.

HW: So he is not the Originator?

J: That is correct. He is the lord archon.

HW: Are the archons—the deceivers—evil?

J: No.

HW: Do they operate in the negative polarity? (This took some explaining.)

J: Yes. They encourage humans to go wrong in their behavior.

HW: Why do they do this?

J: That is their nature. They are deceivers.

HW: And what then is the source of evil?

J: Humans. The archons influence humans to err in their behavior until they reach that point where they can no longer self correct. At that point, humans create evil because that is their nature. They are creators and they have been influenced by the deceivers. They are still being influenced by the deceivers.

HW: So evil did not exist until humans created it?

J: That is correct.

HW: And is the Lord Archon is evil?

J: No. He is the arch deceiver who has operated against humanity as the adversary since his beginning.

HW: Is this why so many religious wars have been fought in the name of religion? Is this why millions of women were killed by the Church in the Middle Ages during the Great Witch Hunts?

J: Yes. The Judeo-Christian-Islamic god is the lord archon. It was his influence that manifested itself in humans with twisted minds to manifest great acts of evil. He is still doing that.

HW: You mean that he still has the power to do that again?

J: The Lord archon has no power of his own. He is not a creator. He is an archon. Humans are creators and what they create is up to them. He influences them to go into what you call the negative polarity because that is his nature.

HW: So the choice is ultimately ours?

J: That is correct. Humans can create evil or they can create its opposite.

HW: Is that how we deal with the problem of evil?

J: I do not know. That is your responsibility as humans. In my opinion, humans created evil now they must un-create it.

HW: How do we do that?

J: By creating evil’s opposite. And by changing your thoughts. The archons live in your thoughts. They are what you would call psychic vampires who feed on the energy of your thoughts and emotions. Yet humans will always have the power that comes with choice for humans are creators, but if humans allow the archons to influence them in your thinking, you humans will choose wrongly. The deceivers take delight in violence and warfare, greed and deception, competition and denial, corruption and mendacity. They encourage humans to take refuge in what you have called the negative polarity. I like this term.

The original link offers background to the labels used in the above quote, but I didn't include that info cause of the length of what I did post.

It's something to chew on, at many levels.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluedream Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:28 am

That is interesting RBM.
However...without getting into any controversial threads about religions/beliefs/science...etc...I would also like to bring up the important premise that any spiritual entity may be also lying or deceiving to purposely confuse humans if it is a 'trickster' or ...for lack of a better term 'evil'.
That is why I tend to shun away from that sort of 'dialogue with what a medium said' cause...how do we really know it is true if we are being deceived by the entity on purpose? It would be like asking a serial killer questions; He or She will only try to manipulate you. They could tell you anything to purposefully lead you into any direction they wish...if you fall for it.
I.D.K. I don't like to get into that sort of stuff very much cause I see no real value in it ...in this lifetime. It would be like always searching but running into purposefully led dead ends.
I tend to think that when we are truly in a 'spirit form' we will just 'know' all of these mysteries anyway.

[disclaimer as a semi-non debater...lol.]... course...what do I know...I'm not a shaman.
b.d.
Bluedream
Bluedream

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:22 am

That most certainly is the most significant pothole down this road of 'what a medium says'.

My typical response it to note. and look for independent corroboration. Which in this case seems like an impossibility, except through other similar type sources.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyNan Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:12 pm

Interesting and in a sense it is a part of what I believe spiritually. I follow a teaching called MasterPath, which is an Eastern based form of spirituality. What we call the physical realm was created by a yet higher "Master", and, yes, this does include our concept of "God". In the physical realm, there is duality, that is its nature. This is where we learn. And then, when the time is right for each individual, the spiritual search occurs and ultimately leads to this path where one regains his/her knowledge of authentic self, which is soul. This is also referred to as self-realization. It is not an easy journey because over many lifetimes we have come to believe we are our mind. Totally different concept. Anyway, yeah, while I have always looked and listened with misgivings to channelers (after all, they are filtering the info thru their mind and thus the info is rather garbled and/or can be interpreted many different ways), I would say there is a glimmer of truth in there, if one choses, or is able, to see/hear it. Which of course leads into the knowing without words, that flash of insight that has been talked about elsewhere, which we who are hsp seems to have a certain amount of access to. Anyway, all interesting.
SimplyNan
SimplyNan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down