The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone else find it sad...

3 posters

Go down

Does anyone else find it sad... Empty Does anyone else find it sad...

Post by waterdragon7 Fri May 14, 2010 10:05 am

that this type of business is now necessary?:

Reputation_Defender

I guess it will work for most people, other than the Hollywood crowd here in Southern California - this will not save them from their own foibles or the paparazzi.

For everyone else, though, it does appear to be quite useful - though a bit on the expensive side for some of their services. For every offense, there is a defense, as the cliche' turns.
waterdragon7
waterdragon7

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else find it sad... Empty Re: Does anyone else find it sad...

Post by jaded Fri May 14, 2010 11:15 am

Okay this is the 3rd time I have tried to respond to this. The site is eating my posts. So, if they all three magically appear later on forgive me.

WD I agree this is a sad state to be in. When I was a child discussing someones income or assets was a taboo. It was considered crude.

What has happened to respect for others privacy? It is appalling.

I saved those links Mel provided in another thread. I typed in immediate family members names and myself of course.

I was distressed to see my Mothers info including the value of her house, the fact that she is a widow, and her physical street address listed. My God...do these people not understand the kind of persons that could use that info to commit a crime against an elderly woman alone?

My Mother wanted me to email them & ask them to remove it. But I remember either you or RBM had stated better to not respond to it due to the fact it would verify the accuracy of the info.

I am the one person here that is threatened by technology. This is one of the reasons I am frightened.

I see the whole world going straight down the tube ethically & morally. I guess maybe I am OLD!
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri May 14, 2010 4:48 pm

Yeah, it is sad; but it is inevitable. As long as companies are permitted to sell our personal information for a profit to information gatherers, there really is no protection from the gathering of incredible profiles about all of us.

This is different than the commonly available information out there that is merely assembled in one place such as phone book info and public records. The amount of information contained in those is plenty as it is.

Add to this the inevitable errors of inforation and one's reputation can be easily ruined.

We are all left vunerable to those that would do us harm. There is a upside; unless you are targeted specifically by someone, chances are, because everyone has such a profile assembled, your data will simply be ignored as part of the mountain of data out there.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Fri May 14, 2010 5:51 pm

Oh I have resigned myself to buckling my seat belt , closing my eyes and accepting whatever direction the world is speeding toward. You have no choice, ya know?
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down