The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanksgiving: The REAL story

5 posters

Go down

Thanksgiving: The REAL story Empty Thanksgiving: The REAL story

Post by Nucky Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:10 pm

Unlike the author, I love Thanksgiving, but this is the history that they don't teach in schools. Here's the REAL story:

Why I Hate Thanksgiving
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving: The REAL story Empty Re: Thanksgiving: The REAL story

Post by Rivershine Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:40 pm

All in the name of Christianity. How sickening. This is also the sort of behaviour you get with a Patriarchal society.

They taught us so many lies and half truths in public school. The more I learn, the more it makes me want to rage! Mad
Rivershine
Rivershine

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:08 am

the English working class staged a huge revolt. This was done through the guilds. King Henry VIII brought Lombard bankers from Italy and merchants from France in order to undercut wages, lengthen hours, and break the guilds. This alliance between international finance, national capital and military aristocracy was in the process of merging into the imperialist nation-state.

The young workers of London took their revenge upon the merchants. A secret rumor said the commonality -- the vision of communal society that would counter the rich, the merchants, the industrialists, the nobility and the landowners -- would arise on May Day

This strikes an eerie chord of familiarity in me.

I have the feeling that the middle class of today is being undercut by those who would appropriate and abscond. Whose industries would then be "bailed out" after economic blackmail.

But I digress and do not want to dilute the emphasis of the article which is chilling and needs to be repeated often and loudly.

If there were a second coming of Jesus Christ, he would come back and be so pissed off at all the atrocity done in his and the Christian god's name.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:27 pm

INFP that's me wrote:They taught us so many lies and half truths in public school. The more I learn, the more it makes me want to rage! Mad

That's why the saying goes "History is written by the victors." or something close to that. The half truth have been taught for so long that most of the teachers don't even realize what the truth is.

A similar thought, people critized me for not letting my kids watch that stupid Disney made Pocohantas movie. Why would I let my kids watch some completely romantized fairy tale about the life of this girl when it was actually a very sad life with a tragic end? It makes me crazy to think that there are so many kids out there whose only reference to this historic figure will be this piece of crap movie! uggh!
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueEyes Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:44 pm

Really sick... worse than I thought... makes me want to throw up. Sad

I never did like learning the history we were taught... it always seemed to me that it just didn't feel right.. as if a whole lot was left out.

Shows big brother has been around for ages rewriting history... and still trying to do it. I am sure there are a whole lot of other recent happenings that has been hidden and/or rewritten... can't hide it as easily now tho. No
BlueEyes
BlueEyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down