The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prime example of the hysteria over swine flu being used to sell news

+2
Nucky
melodiccolor
6 posters

Go down

Prime example of the hysteria over swine flu being used to sell news Empty Prime example of the hysteria over swine flu being used to sell news

Post by melodiccolor Sun May 03, 2009 1:19 am

Headline of my local news online: Is This Season's Summer Movies Going to Be Canceled Due to N1H1 Virus?

Clicked to find the nonstory: they checked at the premier of a movie to see if there was less business due to the swine flu scare. There wasn't.

Classic hype on a slow news day; this one is insulting in its naked exploitation to get readers. Rolling Eyes
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Prime example of the hysteria over swine flu being used to sell news Empty Re: Prime example of the hysteria over swine flu being used to sell news

Post by Nucky Sun May 03, 2009 1:24 am

This swine flu stuff is way overhyped bunk. Everybody thinks that they're going to get it.

It's like how everybody thought they were going to get SARS six or seven years ago.

The chances of any one person catching swine flu are virtually nil, you're statistically about as likely to be murdered.

Last edited by nuckinfutz on Sun May 03, 2009 2:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Prime example of the hysteria over swine flu being used to sell news Empty Re: Prime example of the hysteria over swine flu being used to sell news

Post by melodiccolor Sun May 03, 2009 1:36 am

Indeed. It's been a classic example of irresponsible news reporting in order to sell news.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluedream Sun May 03, 2009 7:49 am

I'm glad others see this also.
I've been doubtful about this from the start. Either something much larger is in total control of most of the media...or many see this as an opportunity to cash in and make money off of everyone's fear. Or both.
You gotta sit back nowadays and ask yourself what their agenda is on about every big story. I pretty much do that anyway.
I see how easily most of the public is so easily swayed.
Well...like it or not...it's how our pres. was elected. Money and media.
It sucks...
I'll try to hang on to my sanity and money thank you...
Perhaps I'll not watch the evening news anymore. Would that help? Lol!
B.D.
Bluedream
Bluedream

Back to top Go down

Post by adain Mon May 04, 2009 7:14 am

I thought WHO had down graded their alerts? They've gone completely mad here in OZ too. When me and some mates were getting some dinner the other night, people had face masks on going down the street. Australia hasn't even got a confirmed case! Work's gone beserk too, we get alerts every time we log onto the computer system, although we are at the coal face, so to speak, if we do have an out break, so I'm pretty much doomed anyway (with any air born viral out break) no matter how many precautions I take. So why worry?
adain
adain

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Passing Thu May 07, 2009 2:13 am

What a world. Someone thinks it's a good idea to push a flu epidemic, and the public eats it up like candy. It's sick, that's what it is. Very very sick.

So when are we going to wise up and stop listening to them? What's it going to take to remove the terrible power the media holds over us? It would appear that we, the people, will swallow any bad news they dish out hook line & sinker. If we want to survive we've GOT to start viewing the news like we view kids cartoons.
Justin Passing
Justin Passing
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Wed May 20, 2009 9:41 am

Justin Passing wrote:It would appear that we, the people, will swallow any bad news they dish out hook line & sinker.

Unfortunately people do seem to enjoy viewing the misery of others. And we so seem to love drama of any sort.

We were getting e-mails at work everyday from corporate telling us to use "caution" and if we felt sick in any way to go home. (yea, right). It does seem to have settled down somewhat. Thank goodness.
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down