The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Instagram seeks right to sell access to photos to advertisers

3 posters

Go down

Instagram seeks right to sell access to photos to advertisers Empty Instagram seeks right to sell access to photos to advertisers

Post by frmthhrt Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:07 am

Facebook's photo-sharing site Instagram has updated its privacy policy giving it the right to sell users' photos to advertisers without notification.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20767537

Unless users delete their Instagram accounts by a deadline of 16 January, they cannot opt out.

The changes also mean Instagram can share information about its users with Facebook, its parent company, as well as other affiliates and advertisers.

The move riled social media users, with one likening it to a "suicide note".
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Instagram seeks right to sell access to photos to advertisers Empty Re: Instagram seeks right to sell access to photos to advertisers

Post by Samt03 Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:05 pm

I was actually thinking about starting an account there this week.... now I'm glad I didn't.
Samt03
Samt03

https://www.amazon.com/author/showndraridge

Back to top Go down

Instagram seeks right to sell access to photos to advertisers Empty Re: Instagram seeks right to sell access to photos to advertisers

Post by Reamsie Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:54 pm

Not being a big fan of Instagram anyway . . .
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down