The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is your personality typical of your sign?

+4
Bluedream
mischifus
Nucky
lilac
8 posters

Go down

is your personality typical of your sign? Empty is your personality typical of your sign?

Post by lilac Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:36 pm

I really don't get into psychic things and daily horoscopes, but I've always found it very interesting to read about the traits typical of each of the zodiac signs...so I was curious how many of you feel that your sign describes you well. My husband's birthday falls right at the edge of Scorpio and Libra, and some astrology sites would classify him as a Libra, but he fits the Scorpio profile almost perfectly. Mine seems to describe me pretty well (Pisces), especially this...
"Even when they cannot express themselves creatively they have a greater than average instinct for, and love of, beauty
in art and nature, a catlike appreciation of luxury and pleasure, and a yearning for new sensations and travel to remote, exotic places." However, the trait of not being good with money definitely does not describe me.
lilac
lilac

Back to top Go down

is your personality typical of your sign? Empty Re: is your personality typical of your sign?

Post by Nucky Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:28 pm

I'm a Libra, and am similar to my sign in that I have a very strong sense of fair play. But I'm not very artistic like Libras supposedly are.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

is your personality typical of your sign? Empty Re: is your personality typical of your sign?

Post by mischifus Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:24 pm

I learned not too long ago that there are actually 13 signs, I forget the 13th...it's more like a constellation, maybe? And it has something to do with a serpent, name starts with an O. Anyway...that's what sign I really am and it explains, I guess, why Sagittarius is just not quite right...I wish I could remember where I read that.
mischifus
mischifus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluedream Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:54 pm

Um...i'm an Aquarius and i am quite good at spilling liquid stuff...does that count?
Very clumsy!
Other than that...?

Pssst...forgive me...I'm in quite the "wacked" mood today...lol!
B.D.
Bluedream
Bluedream

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyNan Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:19 pm

I'm a Sag and I would say it is pretty accurate. Although your rising sign (mine is Taurus) will also influence you a lot, and mine does. Keeps me grounded at least. Then you also need to factor in your moon (mine is in Picses) which is a water sign and sort puts a little bit of a damper on the fire sign (Sag). So you really need to look at a bigger picture rather than just looking at your birth sign. By the way, I'm not good at astrology at all. I do have a friend who is pretty good at it, actually better than she gives herself credit for. When I used to run into a really bad period, I would call her and ask her what the heck was going on. Generally she nailed it pretty good.
SimplyNan
SimplyNan

Back to top Go down

Post by WissyWig Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:28 pm

Bluedream wrote:Um...i'm an Aquarius and i am quite good at spilling liquid stuff...does that count?

'fraid not, BD--I'm a Leo, and I''ll betcha I'm even better. mrgreen chuckle (My problem appears to be with gravity, however... Shocked)

I've never really understood how I could be a Leo. I see myself as a most unlikely Leo, if I put any stock into these things (my Chinese zodiac sign describes me to a near-T, though Shocked). Supposedly they're very bombastic, dramatic types...I never thought twice about it until someone said to me, "yes, but if you look at that same trait in a different way, it could describe passion, and you are very passionate." And...dammit, he was right. chuckle

I've never found one sign that describes me well. It's been a long time since I've read about any of this, though.
WissyWig
WissyWig

http://www.myspace.com/designs-by-indigolden

Back to top Go down

Post by lilac Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:28 am

SimplyNan wrote:I'm a Sag and I would say it is pretty accurate. Although your rising sign (mine is Taurus) will also influence you a lot, and mine does. Keeps me grounded at least. Then you also need to factor in your moon (mine is in Picses) which is a water sign and sort puts a little bit of a damper on the fire sign (Sag). So you really need to look at a bigger picture rather than just looking at your birth sign. By the way, I'm not good at astrology at all. I do have a friend who is pretty good at it, actually better than she gives herself credit for. When I used to run into a really bad period, I would call her and ask her what the heck was going on. Generally she nailed it pretty good.

Interesting, I didn't know about the rising and moon signs; I'm not sure what mine are.
lilac
lilac

Back to top Go down

Post by lula may Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:20 pm

A cardinal (creative and original) sign, Cancer governs home life, matters to do with women (especially the mother), as well as sensitivity and emotional intensity. It is a water sign, so Cancerian people are emotionally intense and deeper than they appear on the surface, while quite sensitive and understanding once you get through that tough exterior. The Sun, ruler of our inner nature, is somewhat dimmed in Cancer, the home of the Moon. Creative and romantic, with a strong love of home, family and tradition, you are a good communicator and a strong provider. Your deep sensitivity presents you with valuable and illuminating intuitions, especially regarding those you care for.

And. . .

INFJs have uncanny insight into people and situations. They get "feelings" about things and intuitively understand them. As an extreme example, some INFJs report experiences of a psychic nature, such as getting strong feelings about there being a problem with a loved one, and discovering later that they were in a car accident. This is the sort of thing that other types may scorn and scoff at, and the INFJ themself does not really understand their intuition at a level which can be verbalized. Consequently, most INFJs are protective of their inner selves, sharing only what they choose to share when they choose to share it. They are deep, complex individuals, who are quite private and typically difficult to understand. INFJs hold back part of themselves, and can be secretive.

In short, my sign kind of matches my personality. I've never done the full chart thing, I am curious about it though.
lula may
lula may

Back to top Go down

Post by adain Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:15 am

I'm Piscean too, but my rising sign is Leo, and my moon sign is Scorpio. Lots of water in my chart, and no earth.
adain
adain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down