The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't plant Butterfly Bush

2 posters

Go down

Don't plant Butterfly Bush Empty Don't plant Butterfly Bush

Post by melodiccolor Thu May 08, 2014 3:15 pm

3 Reasons to Never Plant Butterfly Bush Again(link)

If you truly love nature and butterflies, you can't plant this invasive favorite anymore—no excuses.

Turns out this is another one of those selling it things that was deceptive. Besides, most plants sold now in places like Target, Home Depot, Walmart, and conventional nurseries are now treated with nemoticides and pesticides which kill the very bees and butterflies people plant various plants to attract.

It's getting worse; recently my husband and I went in search of grass seed for shady areas. Most of what we found was labled not safe for small animals and children. We were shocked and had to really search to find seed that was organic and untreated. If you are buying plants and seeds now, make sure they are safe and organic.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Don't plant Butterfly Bush Empty Re: Don't plant Butterfly Bush

Post by Samt03 Fri May 09, 2014 4:17 pm

A report like that is actually the reason I didn't put in the butterfly bushes I wanted to this year. (Saw it in the fall/winter) so now I'm re-figuring out what to get for my two beds.
Samt03
Samt03

https://www.amazon.com/author/showndraridge

Back to top Go down