The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you define what is enlightenment

+5
anarkandi
wstein
tezorian
Nucky
melodiccolor
9 posters

Go down

How do you define what is enlightenment Empty How do you define what is enlightenment

Post by melodiccolor Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:44 pm

To me enlightening moments are moments where you find more of who you truly are, under the definitions you and others have imposed upon you and you've taken in. You feel bigger, more filled, more you in such times.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

How do you define what is enlightenment Empty Re: How do you define what is enlightenment

Post by Nucky Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:16 pm

It is being honest with yourself, giving yourself neither too much nor too little credit. It is not allowing others to define you, but at the same time listening to both positive and negative feedback regarding such matters, and either accepting or rejecting this information as our honest selves (not our egos) see fit. Taking all of the above into consideration, we adjust our lives accordingly, adding things that are beneficial to our growth and removing things that are only holding us back.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

How do you define what is enlightenment Empty Re: How do you define what is enlightenment

Post by tezorian Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:36 am

Enlightening moment are not the same as enlightened.

Enlightened is when you are who you truly are. No more illusions, deceptions or lies. The answers could probably be more elaborate and... i also wonder if there is anyone who's like that.
tezorian
tezorian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:00 am

tezorian wrote:Enlightening moment are not the same as enlightened.

Enlightened is when you are who you truly are. No more illusions, deceptions or lies. The answers could probably be more elaborate and... i also wonder if there is anyone who's like that.

I don't think that anyone is perfectly like that.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:10 pm

tezorian wrote:Enlightening moment are not the same as enlightened.

I see enlightenment as more a journey towards that ideal....as there is always room to grow and explore, I don't think we can ever fully arrive.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wstein Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:54 am

Enlightenment means a lot of different things to different people. I have mostly stopped using the word because of this..

To me enlightenment is realizing the true nature of reality (including self). There are many 'layers' of illusion (or interpretations as my friend calls them) that are added to what awareness we possess. Of course our ability to perceive is limited and may remain so after becoming enlightened. By my definition becoming enlightened does not also imply unlimited ability (including to perceive): that would more be 'fully realized'.

As the term 'layers' suggest, the process of becoming enlightened often is an incremental process. For many people there are many false awakenings and wrong assumptions about having ''arrived'. Part of this is wishful thinking or ego, but its also a factor that once major layers are removed the new awareness seems so much more profound than before. While that is true that one is in some way closer to reality, it does not imply that one has gotten anywhere close yet.
wstein
wstein

Back to top Go down

Post by anarkandi Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:48 am

Nucky wrote:It is being honest with yourself, giving yourself neither too much nor too little credit. It is not allowing others to define you, but at the same time listening to both positive and negative feedback regarding such matters, and either accepting or rejecting this information as our honest selves (not our egos) see fit. Taking all of the above into consideration, we adjust our lives accordingly, adding things that are beneficial to our growth and removing things that are only holding us back.

This fits how I feel about it quite well right now. Smile
anarkandi
anarkandi

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:27 pm

First the semantics issue.

On the Enlightened State of Being, aspect. This is a gradient. A long spectrum. And to those at the lower states of Being, the ones at the way higher states can seem to be of the actualized stated of Being, as in Enlightened.

For example consider Arthur C. Clarke's statement:

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

From Robert Monroe's work, and now Tom Campbell's work, as I understand it, a truly Enlightened individual of this 'learning lab' Reality reaches a point that they don't incarnate back into this Reality. As a result there are only the nearly-Enlightened, here. The truly-Enlightened have moved onto other Realities.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by Riana Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:15 pm

Enlightenment to me is feeling complete peace, bliss and love for yourself and the world. It's knowing that you are safe and that you are loved and that you are powerful beyond measure. It's feeling at one with the universe and with Source. I've only experienced enlightened moments, and I don't think we are meant to be in that state the whole time while we are here on earth, rather, we are meant to be inspired by it (in my opinion).
Riana
Riana

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:19 pm

RBM wrote:First the semantics issue.

On the Enlightened State of Being, aspect. This is a gradient. A long spectrum. And to those at the lower states of Being, the ones at the way higher states can seem to be of the actualized stated of Being, as in Enlightened.

From Robert Monroe's work, and now Tom Campbell's work, as I understand it, a truly Enlightened individual of this 'learning lab' Reality reaches a point that they don't incarnate back into this Reality. As a result there are only the nearly-Enlightened, here. The truly-Enlightened have moved onto other Realities.

In the oneness space of being...other realities are reaching out to others realities..in this reality.

In the state of spiritual service as we open fully to our authentic self..giving/sharing of ourselves.......naturally draws us to the many realities in this reality..there is no bounds of time and space. So in saying this..being enlightened in my eyes..is opening fully to all other realities...being ones true and full self.....loving unconditionally.......and living boundless..As we connect to that space, we then grow deeper into the light in our expansive state of being and becoming...the only difference between me and my spirit family who have left their physical body...is that they watch me dance....and they dance with me...even if many cannot perceive or see them.......the reality is, its all one and here otherwise..
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:27 pm

Alethia wrote:

In the oneness space of being...other realities are reaching out to others realities..in this reality.

In the state of spiritual service as we open fully to our authentic self..giving/sharing of ourselves.......naturally draws us to the many realities in this reality..there is no bounds of time and space. So in saying this..being enlightened in my eyes..is opening fully to all other realities...being ones true and full self.....loving unconditionally.......and living boundless..As we connect to that space, we then grow deeper into the light in our expansive state of being and becoming...the only difference between me and my spirit family who have left their physical body...is that they watch me dance....and they dance with me...even if many cannot perceive or see them.......the reality is, its all one and here otherwise..

redhead, sword and a gun... what could go wrong Surprised ( it was only conincidental that I am a redhead) Suspect

Last edited by Alethia on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:29 pm

Alethia wrote:

We dance the oneness....fully agreed. bouncinbuddies
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Denmarkguy Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:49 pm

Enlightenment is (to me, anyway) when who I feel like on the inside is at peace and harmony with who I am-- and express-- on the outside. Life just feels like it "flows," at such times...

~Peter
Denmarkguy
Denmarkguy

http://innerreflections.homestead.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Denmarkguy wrote:Enlightenment is (to me, anyway) when who I feel like on the inside is at peace and harmony with who I am-- and express-- on the outside. Life just feels like it "flows," at such times...

~Peter
That is putting it well.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:13 pm

RE: Flow

This comes to mind>>

Before Enlightenment chop wood carry water, after Enlightenment, chop wood carry water.

When we open awareness to the tasks in our lives they become lighter. When we are able to be in the moment, we no longer feel compelled to watch the clock. Whatever your work might be, bring all of yourself to it. When you are fully present, you may find that your labor is no longer a burden. Wood is chopped. Water is carried. Life happens.

From Chop Wood, Carry Water
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down