The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you ever walk out of a movie you paid to see?

+2
melodiccolor
Nucky
6 posters

Go down

Did you ever walk out of a movie you paid to see? Empty Did you ever walk out of a movie you paid to see?

Post by Nucky Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:17 am

?
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Did you ever walk out of a movie you paid to see? Empty Re: Did you ever walk out of a movie you paid to see?

Post by melodiccolor Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 pm

I haven't, but then I rarely go to the movies. So the few I do go to see, I really want to.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Did you ever walk out of a movie you paid to see? Empty Re: Did you ever walk out of a movie you paid to see?

Post by reb Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:28 pm

irreversible. dam straight...ugh! takes a lot to turn my stomach, but it did....i had no idea; all these idiot artsy/fartsy critics in the dallas paper were giving it great reviews, but not revealing details....it definitely affects your emotions..
reb
reb

Location : next to the women on this board so they know where i'm at

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:53 pm

I did. I walked out on Jaws when the kid got munched. In those days it didn't take much to really upset me.... and that upset me.

Now days I can sit through "the hills have eyes" without batting an eyelash.

Jade and Cynicism hath made their abode in mine heart-eth.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:00 pm

No, unfortunately I'm one of those opptimists that keeps hoping it will get better. By the time I realize there is no hope, the movie is half over and I figure I might as well stick it out until the end. Then I berate myself about the two hours of my life I will never get back.
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:03 pm

Now that's an optimist! lol!
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reb Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:30 am

that's called 'throwing good money after bad', if, in fact, time=money lol! Reamsie! i dint know.....Smile
reb
reb

Back to top Go down

Post by adain Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:18 am

Once. I was so appalled by the complete massacre of a very touching book I read. The movie was NOTHING like the book. It wasn't even close to the same story. I walked.
adain
adain

Back to top Go down

Post by reb Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:03 pm

speaking of movies, i recorded 'the three burials of melquiades estrada'. the fella who wrote this screen play understands the people of texas and what we used to be.....tommy lee jones is the lead in it. it's a rip snorter Smile
reb
reb

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:22 pm

Laughing You would include a movie recommendation in a thread about movies to avoid....

Just like merlin decided to include canned chili in a thread about oringinal kitchen recepies.

geeeze.....
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by adain Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:49 am

Mel,
It's a surprise thing, like a gooey soft center in a really hard piece of caramel. LOL
Besides nobody's named the movies they walked of. It's a consulation prize.
adain
adain

Back to top Go down

Post by reb Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:18 pm

Adain, idid...it was 'irreversible'. french thing (who else lol!) so, mel, are you trying to keep threads on track again? anal retentive.....
reb
reb

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:04 pm

It used to be they'd meander after the subject plays out. Now they meander at the beginning! Trying to get them back on semitrack is not anal. There is certainly enough chaos on this board to make anyone happy! Wink
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reb Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:46 pm

You might be anal-retentive if...
[ <-previous page-<< ] [ ^-Go up a level-^ ] [ >>-next page-> ]

YouMightBe.com home page

[Contact Info]
Submit an entry or send feedback and View new submissions

* you eat the M&Ms in color order.
* you fold your dirty clothes before putting them in the hamper.
* From Miranda:
o you have to have all boxes in the kitchen facing the same way and in order by size.
o you have all your canned goods organized by type, flavor, and use.
o and they're all facing the front.
o all you books, CDs, and movies have to be alphabetical order.
* you require no less than 200 threads per inch on your sheets. (Peggy)
* ...and they are tucked so tightly that you really could bounce a quarter on them.
* you alphabetize your spices. ( Bert )
* you actually bother trying to convince someone that the 3rd millenium hasn't begun yet (or that it *has* begun).
* you organize your closet by color, season, and fabric. ( Jennifer )
* you flame every person who sent you email because the emails weren't spelled correctly or gramatically correct.
* you remove the tires to wash inside the wheel-wells of your vehicle. (Pat)
* you collect the little postcards in magazine issues...
* ...for recycling.
* every e-mail reply that you send has been through a grammar checker...
* ...and you correct the original message.
* you're on a "calorie-counting" diet and you count the calories in the hot sauce on your "Big Beef Burrito Supreme"
* you get upset when topics wander slightly from the title
reb

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:50 pm

Ha Ha, very funny. You added the last one!

Besides, there is slightly, and then there is the road to another dimension.... whee!
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reb Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:07 pm

you CAN'T prove it lol! Smile
there's lotsa degrees of 'slightly'....as in 'slightly obsessed' lol1
r
reb

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:12 pm

reb wrote:you CAN'T prove it lol! Smile
there's lotsa degrees of 'slightly'....as in 'slightly obsessed' lol1
r

Slightly obessed hmmmm???? Well you should have lots of experience with that one, lol.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reb Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:48 am

i did not think much of that austrailian girl...can't think of her name...she's a big star....until i saw her in 'the human stain'. i think she was in a couple musical movies, too....anyway, wow! she comes off way sexy and bent in human stain....anthony hopkins, her, ed harris...great movie...Smile the film and camera work is outstanding.....y'all would like it, as the premise is deep.

i am not obessed....blessed, maybe, but not obessed....neither am i obeyed by my own mutts...there is no fairness in life.....were yiou trying to type obama when you made this typo, or just seeing if i would comment...'LOOK OUT, REB! IT'S A MIND TRAP! SHE'S GONNA SAY YOU'RE ANAL RETENTIVE' lol!
r
reb

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:00 pm

I don't need too. big grin
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:19 pm

reb wrote:i did not think much of that austrailian girl...can't think of her name...she's a big star....until i saw her in 'the human stain'. i think she was in a couple musical movies, too....anyway, wow! she comes off way sexy and bent in human stain....anthony hopkins, her, ed harris...great movie...Smile the film and camera work is outstanding.....y'all would like it, as the premise is deep.

Nicole Kidman, an ex-Mrs. Cruise
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by reb Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:22 pm

that's her! that's her! geez, my brain won't retain the name, as i have never liked her and don't know why.....as in tommy cruising in outer space with the scientologists cruise? lol! i got to see what he saw in her lol! Smile
reb
reb

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:55 pm

reb wrote:that's her! that's her! geez, my brain won't retain the name, as i have never liked her and don't know why.....as in tommy cruising in outer space with the scientologists cruise? lol! i got to see what he saw in her lol! Smile
reb

Yep, that's the one.
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down