The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danger: microsoft service pack 3

3 posters

Go down

Danger:  microsoft service pack 3 Empty Danger: microsoft service pack 3

Post by melodiccolor Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:49 pm

Hi everyone;

My friend who works in silicone valley sent me this. It's source is hghly credible so take heed. Our computers are set up for automatic downloads of these updates, most of yours probably are too. Take the necessary precautions!

Hi all,

Our IT department sent out a warning to employees a little while ago to not update our computers with Windows' Service Pack 3. Apparently a lot of people are having major problems with it. If you haven't downloaded it, don't! See below.

" Within hours of its release, Microsoft (NSDQ: MSFT)'s Service Pack 3 for Windows XP began drawing hundreds of complaints from users who claim the update is wreaking havoc on their PCs.
The problems with XP SP3, according to posters on Microsoft's Windows XP message board, range from spontaneous reboots to outright system crashes.
It's not uncommon for major operating system updates to cause problems. Typically, the glitches are due to conflicts with software, such as drivers, system files, or applications already resident on the user's PC. Microsoft has yet to indicate whether it will issue an
update to address some of the problems, though it has done so with previous updates.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Danger:  microsoft service pack 3 Empty Re: Danger: microsoft service pack 3

Post by StrawberryLife Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:53 pm

Hm, is this the one where they want you to upgrade to something that will prompt to register and get rid of any 'not legal' software owners?
(I was wondering what that one would do lol, & if it was a valid one to start with...?)
StrawberryLife
StrawberryLife

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:43 pm

I have no idea, but pack 2 was a major security fix of some huge bugs that left people's computers vunerable to attack. The early version of that one too caused some big problems until the patches were distributed to fix the problems.

It may be best to wait until the patches to correct the problems have been written and diseminated.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reb Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:21 pm

i quit updating my 'os' after apple gave me a bluetooth update on the mini that killed my wireless keyboard and wireless mouse....their fix? sent me a new wired keyboard and mouse, but din't refund my money for the gluetooth....i suppose, it's caveat emptor everywhere. anything called bluetooth ought to make us suspcious...service pack 3...sounds like some kind of strange sexual practice....

first thing i did with this xp/pc is 'turn off auto updates'. i don't want any f'ing updates, bill, thank you. go update your thinking....lol!
reb
reb

Location : next to the women on this board so they know where i'm at

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down