The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One of the song choices from an "American Idol" contestant

3 posters

Go down

One of the song choices from an "American Idol" contestant Empty One of the song choices from an "American Idol" contestant

Post by waterdragon7 Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:59 pm

I've never listened to the band, "Muse," but one of the contestants on "American Idol," James Durbin, chose to perform the song, "Uprising," last night. While I didn't find James Durbin's performance on "YouTube," I did find the official "Muse" video:

And also found a lyrics site with a page of the song, wherein the comment I found most interesting after the lyrics was from "thirdeyeview" on Sept. 12th, 2009 at 12:06 pm:

'Uprising'_lyrics

S/he expressed exactly how I have come to feel about both the Democrats and Republicans, along with the current "activities" of multinational corporations the world over. hulk

Last edited by waterdragon7 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
waterdragon7
waterdragon7

Back to top Go down

One of the song choices from an "American Idol" contestant Empty Re: One of the song choices from an "American Idol" contestant

Post by frmthhrt Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:26 pm

Well, being a big Muse fan (saw them live last April...best show ever!), I know the lyrics and songs well. Matt Bellamy (vocalist, lyricist,guitar and keyboards) is a very intelligent man, and some say a bit of a conspiracy theorist (not really...he is just searching for the truth). As you can tell, he is also a fan of "1984" aw well.
Yeah, those comments were pretty good. Politics is pointless and meaningless...but what are you going to do? We are having an election right now here in Canada, and I am voting Green with my conscience, rather than doing as most of us usually do and waste a vote for the "lesser of the two evils".
Change will be slow to come, if it ever does, but the silence of a vote for the status quo will never change anything. There is never any meaningful difference between any of the established mainstream parties, so I will be joining the small minority standing up for change.

Sort of related...I don't know if you get it, but there is a great show on RT TV called "The Keiser Report", and Max speaks about some of these very subjects. This is not really a political show, it's mainly a financial news focused show (Max hates JP Morgan...LOL) , but it is worth a listen (especially if you can relate to those lyrics).
You can hear Max on the net too:
http://rt.com/programs/keiser-report/
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

One of the song choices from an "American Idol" contestant Empty Re: One of the song choices from an "American Idol" contestant

Post by Alethia Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:38 pm

Its a great song with some powerful lyrics...sometimes others express exactly how we feel...and the connection opens doors we may not enter otherwise....As for politics....seems like one big game to me and one I try not to get too entantgled in......
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down