The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Highly Sensitive Man, an interview with Tim Zeff.

3 posters

Go down

The Highly Sensitive Man, an interview with Tim Zeff. Empty The Highly Sensitive Man, an interview with Tim Zeff.

Post by melodiccolor Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:10 pm

melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Highly Sensitive Man, an interview with Tim Zeff. Empty Re: The Highly Sensitive Man, an interview with Tim Zeff.

Post by RBM Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:52 pm

I haven't finished this yet, but want to get this down - his 20% stat...

I tend to believe that their is an ongoing evolutionary dynamic at work and that our human time frames are just to short to appreciate. For example watch a plant grow. I've read this is also the reason why the tectonic plate theory was slow to be accepted - watch a plate move, hehe.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

The Highly Sensitive Man, an interview with Tim Zeff. Empty Re: The Highly Sensitive Man, an interview with Tim Zeff.

Post by melodiccolor Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:58 pm

Lol, that 20% stat. was first claimed by Dr. Aron and accepted....but there is considerable debate as to whether that is accurate or not. My feeling is that 20% is far too high a percentage.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:35 am

I have a hard time believing even 10%...
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:48 am

Me too, more like 1 to 2% at best.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:01 pm

I wasn't commenting on the stat itself, my remark was more to the essential HSP phenomena as a whole. I think the species is pretty young on the evolutionary scale and there will be distinct differences developed - if the species doesn't self-destruct.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Yes there is plenty of evidence we are actively evolving.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:36 pm

melodiccolor wrote:Yes there is plenty of evidence we are actively evolving.

Hehe, not so much evidence that it can't be denied, by some. I'm thinking of addicts I've met in my past and the INTJ forum in it's present not only of that mechanism but something as major as consciousness itself.

I came across a thread on 'default skepticism' at INTJ which underscorea, for me, how much some Ego's can overpower some to the point of missing so much reality.

I should not the above thoughts are highly influenced by my concurrent reading of Robert Monroe's 2nd book ( see wiki ), heh.

RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down