The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This gives new meaning to living in small spaces!

+5
Ishkabibble
Alethia
Nucky
Rivershine
melodiccolor
9 posters

Go down

This gives new meaning to living in small spaces! Empty This gives new meaning to living in small spaces!

Post by melodiccolor Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:10 pm

What do you think of living like this?
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

This gives new meaning to living in small spaces! Empty Re: This gives new meaning to living in small spaces!

Post by Rivershine Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:18 pm

OMG I want one! I'm dead serious. I would Love to live like that! I wonder how to go about that? I noticed that there were wheels on the house. I guess you hook it up to a truck and wheel it around? And would Camping sites be ok with something like this? Hmmmm......
Rivershine
Rivershine

Back to top Go down

This gives new meaning to living in small spaces! Empty Re: This gives new meaning to living in small spaces!

Post by Rivershine Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:23 pm

I just went to the website and this is what they had to say about the really tiny houses they have...

These small homes range from 65-140 square feet.Because they are on wheels, they are considered travel trailers, and do not require a building permit.You can pretty much put one anywhere you can place an RV.

That is so cool!

They even have larger 2 and 3 bedroom houses that are up to code too! And all reasonably priced.
Rivershine
Rivershine

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:31 pm

That is brilliant! I seriously want one too!
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:36 pm

Its soooooooo tiny......maybe just a little toooooo tiny for me!! but obviously he is quite comfortable.. Smile
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivershine Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:40 pm

Here they talk about utilities. I was wondering about that.

It's like, I could park this thing in someones back yard or something. lol People would think it's a fancy garden shed or something. Very Happy

You can also save a **** ton of money if you build it yourself.

OMG, I'm so stoked about this idea! You could put several of these puppies on your property as guest houses.

Now, all I need to do is win the lottery... LOL

Last edited by Rivershine on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It's think, not thing. Doh!)
Rivershine
Rivershine

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivershine Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:51 pm

I just had a distressing thought. If there was a fire, I'd be screwed. silent I mean, there's no fire escape in the bedroom area. How would I get out?
Rivershine
Rivershine

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishkabibble Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:54 pm

I find this idea very appealing. It is VERY tiny though and whether or not it proves to be a practical solution over the long haul would depend on many things.

Here is another idea...... a bit larger, but much smaller than a conventional house. The Katrina Cottage! It has everything including an adequate porch! I have seen these on wheels too. These became so popular that the original architect developed larger versions and plans which could be expanded.

http://www.katrinacottagehousing.org/index.html
Ishkabibble
Ishkabibble

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:35 pm

Nice. I've always wanted to live on a bus...converted to a home, but mobile. Much cheaper than a huge motorhome. I would love a tiny home. I don't need all this wasted space.
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyNan Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:05 pm

I rather like the idea. I've been in a very small house here in Arizona and it was adequate. They had extended their living space to outside, too. There's a lot you can do and this also ties in with simplifying one's life. Many people chose to live more simply so that they have more time to simply live.
SimplyNan
SimplyNan

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Okay, I love that..."live more simply so you have more time to simply live".
I am going to save that one! Thanks.
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivershine Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:31 pm

frmthhrt wrote:Okay, I love that..."live more simply so you have more time to simply live".
I am going to save that one! Thanks.

Love it. Very Happy
Rivershine
Rivershine

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:45 pm

Me too. While I am sure that the tiny home is not for me; one a bit bigger where I am not bumping into things and the kitchen and bathroom are more ergonomically friendly would suite me fine.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdragon7 Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:37 am

melodiccolor wrote:Me too. While I am sure that the tiny home is not for me; one a bit bigger where I am not bumping into things and the kitchen and bathroom are more ergonomically friendly would suite me fine.
In this case, MC, you might prefer some of the options one other company in this niche is offering:

PennyPincherBarns

They have several kits which look interesting!
waterdragon7
waterdragon7

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:34 pm

There is some potential there. But the ones that would comfortably fit more than one person are all 2 stories; not good with my disability. Too easy for my knees or ankles to give way; too easy for me to fall down the stairs.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:13 pm

Hmmm, my house is pretty small, relatively speaking. We have too much stuff too. I'm trying to divest myself of a lot of it. I love being a small house though. Hank and I have fantasized about getting an even smaller cute little house down by the river that is for sale. It would be nice.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down