The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Schwarzenegger: I Was Going To Speak In AZ, But I Was Afraid They'd Deport Me

4 posters

Go down

Schwarzenegger: I Was Going To Speak In AZ, But I Was Afraid They'd Deport Me Empty Schwarzenegger: I Was Going To Speak In AZ, But I Was Afraid They'd Deport Me

Post by edie Wed May 12, 2010 12:08 am

Schwarzenegger: I Was Going To Speak In AZ, But I Was Afraid They'd Deport Me Schwarzenegger-cropped-proto-custom_2
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (R-CA) spoke today at Emory University's commencement, and got in a good zinger about Arizona's controversial new immigration law.

"I was also going to give a graduation speech in Arizona this weekend," he said. "But with my accent, I was afraid they would try to deport me."

He also made a crack about his wife, Maria Shriver. "This is my first law degree," he said, "finally, the Kennedys will think I'm a success. And Maria can finally bring me home to meet her family."
http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/05/schwarzenegger-i-was-going-to-speak-in-az-but-i-was-afraid-theyd-deport-me.php/
edie

Back to top Go down

Schwarzenegger: I Was Going To Speak In AZ, But I Was Afraid They'd Deport Me Empty Re: Schwarzenegger: I Was Going To Speak In AZ, But I Was Afraid They'd Deport Me

Post by jaded Wed May 12, 2010 12:35 pm

= )
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Schwarzenegger: I Was Going To Speak In AZ, But I Was Afraid They'd Deport Me Empty Re: Schwarzenegger: I Was Going To Speak In AZ, But I Was Afraid They'd Deport Me

Post by melodiccolor Wed May 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (R-CA) spoke today at Emory University's commencement, and got in a good zinger about Arizona's controversial new immigration law.

"I was also going to give a graduation speech in Arizona this weekend," he said. "But with my accent, I was afraid they would try to deport me."

This is a valid concern. The sooner that law is struck down as unconstitional the better. That such things still happen is saddening but I guess human nature.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Sister Wed May 12, 2010 3:57 pm

I really like Schwarzenegger's humor.

How do you think he stacks up as a governor?
Little Sister
Little Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Wed May 12, 2010 4:23 pm

He has made some mistakes and he has been very naive. He thought he could change everything and had to acknowledge the limits of his powers. This made him appear weak at a time we needed a very strong governor. The best he could do is adolescently ridicule an oppenent with legitimate points, calling him a girly man. Even so, given the terrible governor's we'd had over the many years, he's the best one I've seen in office yet. That's not saying much.

As for his wit; well, his background is acting, lol. He is entertaining.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum