The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great new musical discoveries to share

+7
Rose
BlueTopaz
edie
Alethia
Grasshopper
Nucky
melodiccolor
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Great new musical discoveries to share Empty Great new musical discoveries to share

Post by melodiccolor Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:48 pm

At the farmer's market today, I came across a local group that plays great folk music; a contemporary of the late Kate Wolf. In fact their music reminded me strongly of her and I'd seen many of her concerts.

The name of the group is Anderson-Gram

There are a few tracks to listen to on their myspace page, but the quality is so so. They are so much better in person.

Come share your discoveries here too. big grin music music music music

Last edited by melodiccolor on Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Great new musical discoveries to share Empty Re: Great new musical discoveries to share

Post by melodiccolor Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:53 pm

Here's some links to some other great music others posted earlier too:

http://funhsps.niceboard.org/off-the-deep-shallow-end-f6/playing-for-change-music-bono-etal-t1143.htm

http://funhsps.niceboard.org/off-the-deep-shallow-end-f6/especially-for-melodic-rodrigo-y-gabriela-t1017.htm

There are still more scattered throughout the board. These were the ones I recalled offhand.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Great new musical discoveries to share Empty Re: Great new musical discoveries to share

Post by Nucky Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:33 pm

That Anderson-Gram group is pretty good.

These are a few amazing discoveries I've made over the past couple years:

Silver Apples - Many of their songs don't sound like they belong in their time at all. In fact, not until the hippyish drum raga of "Dancing Gods" are we reminded that this group is from 1968.

Os Mutantes - a Brazilian psychedelic group from the late 60s-early 70s

Last edited by nuckinfutz on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:13 pm

I only have a couple of minutes to sample those nucky, so I'll be listening more later.

My initial reaction is groovy. They do take me back in time.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:53 pm

melodiccolor wrote:At the farmer's market today, I came across a local group that plays great folk music; a contemporary of the late Kate Wolf. In fact their music reminded me strongly of her and I'd seen many of her concerts.

The name of the group is Anderson-Gram

There are a few tracks to listen to on their myspace page, but the quality is so so. They are so much better in person.

Come share your discoveries here too. big grin music music music music

For those of you who are not familiar with her; here is the late Kate Wolf
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:16 pm

I was very pleasantly surprised to find that The Frost's stubbornly hard-to-find music is on MySpace! I've been looking high and low for stuff by them.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grasshopper Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:50 am

Anderson-Gram are great to listen to!

Thanks for Kate Wolf link too. Big fan since the 70's when she was often on KPFA and performed in cafés in Bay Area. I was heart-broken when she died.

Her family keeps a website for her: http://katewolf.com/
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

https://sfba.social/@Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:40 am

Thanks for that Grasshopper. I've also been a fan since the 1970s when she was still strictly local.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:52 pm

Of This Land by Clannad is really beautiful.

This is on Imeem, so it takes a minute to load. It's worth the wait and you can minimize the window and go on doing other stuff while waiting and then listening while doing so.

It then goes on to play other music I haven't heard before.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:57 pm

This was emailed to me.

Something completely different: http://vodpod.com/watch/1116988-ray-charles-jerry-lee-lewis-fats-domino
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:52 pm

3 from Alisdair Fraser and Natalie Haas. The sound quality is poor on the first two, but it gives you an idea. With good sound quality, there is magic here! Very Happy

http://www.blinkx.com/video/alasdair-fraser-natalie-haas-3-grace-fire-live-on-maui/2sh9ut_J9oH9rtzZf-rxmw

http://www.blinkx.com/video/fire-grace-on-maui-part-3-alasdair-fraser-natalie-haas-live-on-maui/C9_3qOwztR3zZEvKMHbDbg

http://www.blinkx.com/video/st-kilda-outer-hebrides-scotland/DMLPJVPAa1N-QT16mTdBKw

Again, I am looking forward to others also posting music in this thread for all of us to enjoy! music music music big grin dancing music music music
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:20 am

Bumping this thread up for new members to enjoy. Alethia, I think you'll resonate with some of this.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:09 am

Nothing will load for me, but I had fun reading through all the comments...Yes some of those are familiar to me......actually my brother introduced me to Alisdar Fraser after he saw him in concert in Melbourne....he loved it.......and what I have seen tis wonderful..
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:17 am

For the newer members who haven't seen this list yet: some of my personal favorite groups:

MGMT, Spacemen 3, Blodwyn Pig, The Frost, Os Mutantes, Can, Rocket From The Tombs, The Fugs, Syd Barrett, The Modern Lovers, Leon Russell (mainly his first album), The Dictators, The Velvet Underground, Big Star, Bruce Springsteen, The Ramones, New York Dolls, Patti Smith, Television, Pere Ubu, Jimi Hendrix, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Roxy Music, David Bowie, Iggy and the Stooges, MC5, Lou Reed (mostly his 70s stuff), Frank Zappa, Captain Beefheart, Alice Cooper, Blind Faith, Blondie, Bob Dylan, Brownsville Station, Buffalo Springfield, The Byrds, Cream, Elvis Costello and the Attractions, The Faces, Genesis (1969-1975 only, which is TOTALLY different from later Genesis, the genesis most people know), Fleetwood Mac (pre-1975 only, again, TOTALLY different from later Fleetwood Mac), The Beatles (mostly their later stuff), Grand Funk Railroad, The Guess Who, Jefferson Airplane, Joni Mitchell, Laurie Anderson, Love, Nick Drake, Nico, The Pretenders, Steppenwolf, Tom Petty &; The Heartbreakers, Traffic, Van Morrison, X, Junior Senior, Abba, John Denver, !!! (no really, that's the name of the group, !!!), and I'm always finding more! Smile

You can look many of these groups up (as well as many artists in general) on MySpace and Imeem if you want to check a certain artist out.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:11 am

Country Life - Roxy Music

An album I discovered fairly recently. One of those album's that's great from start to finish.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:06 pm

Since the links Nan posted to Gabriel y Rodriguez are broken, I thought I'd post this video. As you can see, Forumotion has added a few new links to our posting choices. To use this one, just click on the little green film icon and paste the url into it. mrgreen music

Thank you Edie for bringing this and the other functions to my attention last night.

All these lovely new functions do not show up in the quick reply box below. To see them, you need to scroll down a bit more to the post reply tab.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by edie Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:37 pm

oh my i love that one so cultural but modern lol Extra Happy headbang
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by edie Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:53 pm

this is the song i found about a month ago i have been talking about. lol enjoy!!

edie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:06 pm

Melodi amazing..........stunning and so enlivening ...they play nearly as fast as I can type a poem lol!!

So how do you feel about that song edie?.......only if you care to share.....
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:27 pm

Those songs are going to speak to a lot of people on this board right now. I can see why they resonate deep within you edie. They do speak to the heart.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by edie Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:33 pm

lost-touches home in a general sence. something so simple i want so many times denyed so many times i feal so strongly and the other didnt, lost in the search even in an end it becomes dark. and their waiting in the dark till found.
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:42 pm

I havent looked at the second one but through your words I do understand the feeling and the pain one has to endure through this .....certain songs simply evoke the feelings and connect us.........((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by edie Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:50 pm

Great new musical discoveries to share 454835
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:52 pm

Great new musical discoveries to share 454835
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:54 am

Great new musical discoveries to share 942872
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:17 am

Great new musical discoveries to share 942872
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:23 pm

If this song doesn't move you....
I don't know what to say.....

BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by edie Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:27 am

love this guys voice
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by edie Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:29 am

do the happy dance!!!!!! Extra Happy Extra Happy Extra Happy Extra Happy Extra Happy Extra Happy Extra Happy Extra Happy Extra Happy Extra Happy Extra Happy Extra Happy Extra Happy Extra Happy Extra Happy
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by edie Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:19 am

i so much love this song and even more now dancing music music music
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next