The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you could "cure" your HSPness, would you?

5 posters

Go down

If you could "cure" your HSPness, would you? Empty If you could "cure" your HSPness, would you?

Post by Nucky Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:04 pm

Do the drawbacks of being an HSP outweigh the benefits for you?

I like being an HSP. Being able to feel deeply and being able to savor emotions and sensations is very important to me, and is worth the drawback of being hurt where a non-HSP wouldn't be.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

If you could "cure" your HSPness, would you? Empty Re: If you could "cure" your HSPness, would you?

Post by melodiccolor Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:05 pm

Since HSP is not a disease, I have no desire to cure it. Everyone has a mix of advantages and disadvantages and I happen to savor my advantages that comes from being HSP.

The only thing I could wish for is for loud noise to not be quite so painful.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

If you could "cure" your HSPness, would you? Empty Re: If you could "cure" your HSPness, would you?

Post by SimplyNan Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Nope, would not trade being hsp. Too many benefits.
SimplyNan
SimplyNan

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueEyes Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:32 pm

Before I knew what this was all about and because of the way I have been treated all my life for being too different, I probably would have said, "yes." Now, absolutely "not." Ever since I learned I was HSP and that nothing was actually wrong with me, I want to know and learn everything I can about it so I can grow with it and be my authentic self.

cat cat big grin
BlueEyes
BlueEyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Sister Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:19 pm

At this point, I would say, "Yes, the benefits outweigh the negatives," but in my teen years, I would have answered differently. Of course, this whole concept wasn't around, then. If I had been aware of it, it might have been helpful. As it is, I learned ways to cope with the negatives, but it took quite a few years of feeling hopeless, inadequate, and raw.
Little Sister
Little Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down