The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the Universe or space-time fractal?

4 posters

Go down

Is the Universe or space-time fractal? Empty Is the Universe or space-time fractal?

Post by melodiccolor Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Someone posted a couple of articles on this on another forum and I found the whole concept fascinating.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn14200-galaxy-map-hints-at-fractal-universe.html?full=true

http://magickriver.blogspot.com/2007/10/is-universe-fractal-by-amanda-gefter.html

I'm still trying to figure out the merrits of this idea. What do you think of it?
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is the Universe or space-time fractal? Empty Re: Is the Universe or space-time fractal?

Post by SimplyNan Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:49 pm

Reading and attempting to comprehend this is rather mind boggling. The dark energy has intrigued me a lot and I sort of see it as that which connects us all. The fractual stuff is also interesting and rather implies, well, I'm not sure what it implies. Perhaps it is the whim of creation of the life force. As I've mentioned to you before, I think fractuals are really cool, notwithstanding the articles.
SimplyNan
SimplyNan

Back to top Go down

Is the Universe or space-time fractal? Empty Re: Is the Universe or space-time fractal?

Post by Nucky Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:03 pm

I'm leaning towards the fractal theory. There's not an easy answer for anything. Nature is chaotic.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:29 pm

nuckinfutz wrote:I'm leaning towards the fractal theory. There's not an easy answer for anything. Nature is chaotic.

Actually, if the fractal theory is correct, then nature is anything but chaotic. It is not random, but in an infinately recurring complex pattern with small changes in each repetition. That is what a fractal essentially is.

I'm debating with myself whether the underlying structure of the universe, or even metaverse is fractal, or is it something else which contains many different fractals within.

That on a mega scale, matter, including dark matter seems to be arranged in some kind of pattern that may be fractal is very intriguing.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:21 pm

I thought I'd bump this for those of you who haven't had time to enjoy this but who would.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Sister Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:20 pm

Interesting... dunno' what I think yet.
Little Sister
Little Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down