The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dave Hill Photos

+2
Rivershine
Reamsie
6 posters

Go down

Dave Hill Photos Empty Dave Hill Photos

Post by Reamsie Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:19 am

Alot of photographers are trying to copy this guys pictures, some come close, but no one can figure out exactly how he does it. Mr. Hill will say that the secret is in the lighting and a camera with a serious amount of megapixels (A $40,000, 39 megapixel Hasselblad). He is definately raking in the bucks with these. Of course he isn't divulging any of his post processing secrets (would you?) Laughing I love the cowboy ones on page 2 of his portfolio.

http://www.davehillphoto.com/
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Dave Hill Photos Empty Re: Dave Hill Photos

Post by Rivershine Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:31 am

OMG! Those are seriously amazing! I'm officially now a fan of his work. Incredible. Shocked
Rivershine
Rivershine

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:29 pm

Definately different.
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by TheStargazer Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:03 pm

There's an animated, inorganic feel to it for me...definitely not something I'm at all attracted to.

And, $40,000 camera???? WOW affraid freakout
TheStargazer
TheStargazer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:33 pm

His work is very piercing and intense, very cool.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:13 pm

TheStargazer wrote:There's an animated, inorganic feel to it for me...definitely not something I'm at all attracted to.

Sorta what I was thinking. but I didn't want to offend the ones that liked it. I didn't at all
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:00 pm

I like it, I think it's gorgeous, but it looks to me (seriously uninformed btw) like a lot of photoshop type effects.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:13 pm

seashell wrote:
TheStargazer wrote:There's an animated, inorganic feel to it for me...definitely not something I'm at all attracted to.

Sorta what I was thinking. but I didn't want to offend the ones that liked it. I didn't at all

Don't worry about offending anyone. Art is subjective and everyone has their own personal taste according to what they like or don't like. He just happens to be hot right now.

**WARNING, BORING CAMERA TECH TALK TO FOLLOW**

The Hasselblad brand is the Rolls Royce of cameras. When you consider that most point and shoot digitals are only 4-8 megapixels and alot of just working joe photographers use 10-15 megapixel models. Beyond that you are getting into the 10 grand plus cost range. This guys does alot of high end commercial stuff for major companies, so using a 39 megapixel (not top of the line belive it or not there is a 50 megapixel Hasselblad) gives him a competative edge. For the kind of money he is pulling down, I'm sure it's worth it. This thing has all the bells and whistles. All I can do is drool over it. http://www.hasselblad.com/products/h-system/h3d.aspx
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheStargazer Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:23 pm

Reamsie wrote:
seashell wrote:

Don't worry about offending anyone. Art is subjective and everyone has their own personal taste according to what they like or don't like. He just happens to be hot right now.

**WARNING, BORING CAMERA TECH TALK TO FOLLOW**

The Hasselblad brand is the Rolls Royce of cameras. When you consider that most point and shoot digitals are only 4-8 megapixels and alot of just working joe photographers use 10-15 megapixel models. Beyond that you are getting into the 10 grand plus cost range. This guys does alot of high end commercial stuff for major companies, so using a 39 megapixel (not top of the line belive it or not there is a 50 megapixel Hasselblad) gives him a competative edge. For the kind of money he is pulling down, I'm sure it's worth it. This thing has all the bells and whistles. All I can do is drool over it. http://www.hasselblad.com/products/h-system/h3d.aspx

it's definitely drool worthy, but MY GOODNESS, $40,000!!! Hard to wrap my head around that kind of photographic bling Razz
TheStargazer
TheStargazer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down