The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pet peeve: Couldn’t sleep, hate the assumption that people that I took a nap to waste my hours from sleeping

3 posters

Go down

Pet peeve: Couldn’t sleep, hate the assumption that people that I took a nap to waste my hours from sleeping Empty Pet peeve: Couldn’t sleep, hate the assumption that people that I took a nap to waste my hours from sleeping

Post by Strawberry Banana Sundae Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:39 pm

Yes I’m new here, btw.

I just got a phone call from my mom and I told her I couldn’t sleep. She asked me if I took a nap. Cringing, I said yes. She then said bluntly “THAT’S WHY!”. That question just pisses me off so much because she thinks she knows everything what’s going on with me.

I confronted her and said that I can go without napping and STILL be unable to sleep. She doesn’t believe me. Then I added “I can nap AND still get enough sleep”. Still she doesn’t believe me.

She acts as if naps will interrupt my sleep when I have even more severe sleep problems. I’m an extremely light sleeper and I am unable to sleep of the night because my body clock is on full blast at midnight. Then sometime as the sun goes up, I drop to sleep. That’s just how I operate.

I just find it annoying when people assume I’m taking a nap whenever I have sleep problems as if it’s THAT simple to solve.

Not asking for advice or anything, just wanting to vent.
Strawberry Banana Sundae
Strawberry Banana Sundae

Don92649 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Pet peeve: Couldn’t sleep, hate the assumption that people that I took a nap to waste my hours from sleeping Empty Re: Pet peeve: Couldn’t sleep, hate the assumption that people that I took a nap to waste my hours from sleeping

Post by Grasshopper Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:55 pm

Welcome!
Best politely ignore her, you know you can't change her, you can only change your response and seek your solutions. I'm sure you know this already but reminders can be helpful.

It's ok to vent here, you will have sympathetic ears!
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

https://sfba.social/@Grasshopper

Strawberry Banana Sundae likes this post

Back to top Go down

Pet peeve: Couldn’t sleep, hate the assumption that people that I took a nap to waste my hours from sleeping Empty Re: Pet peeve: Couldn’t sleep, hate the assumption that people that I took a nap to waste my hours from sleeping

Post by Don92649 Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:03 pm

Have you been able to find a solution to sleeping at night? I too have that problem and have tried about everything. I think part of the solution is turning off our minds somehow but I don't know how to do that very well.
Don92649
Don92649

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Banana Sundae Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:05 am

Don92649 wrote:Have you been able to find a solution to sleeping at night? I too have that problem and have tried about everything.  I think part of the solution is turning off our minds somehow but I don't know how to do that very well.

I’m very bad at turning off my mind as well, but I feel my body clock tends to be all over the place as I can’t really tell what time I’ll actually be sleepy.

I suffer from chronic allergies btw
Strawberry Banana Sundae
Strawberry Banana Sundae

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down