The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diet and negative moods

2 posters

Go down

Diet and negative moods Empty Diet and negative moods

Post by lm8 Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:34 am

Thought this was an interesting article on the effects of processed foods in a diet on mood espcially this time of year when many people get so stressed and aggressive around the holidays: https://www.sciencealert.com/are-our-diets-contributing-to-the-rise-in-angry-rhetoric-we-need-more-micronutrients
lm8
lm8

Back to top Go down

Diet and negative moods Empty Re: Diet and negative moods

Post by melodiccolor Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:24 pm

I agree and it makes perfect sense to me. Our brain, like our bodies need adequate nutrition to function properly and the only way to insure we get it is via whole unprocessed foods in sufficient amounts.

The one thing that occurs to me is it can go both ways. That is proper nutrition is required for healthy emotional balance, but if the balance is lost, cravings for foods that actually can make things worse become very strong so that a person who is dealing with emotional trauma is far more likely to eat refined sugars and carbs due to cravings, to the point of not eating foods needed for healing.

Of course the initial lost balance is usually due to some kind of trauma.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down